"climate change delusion"

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I thought this was interesting, you might too. Lots of good little factoids:

Doomed to a fatal delusion over climate change | Herald Sun

"Writing in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, Joshua Wolf and Robert Salo of our Royal Children's Hospital say this delusion was a "previously unreported phenomenon".

"A 17-year-old man was referred to the inpatient psychiatric unit at Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne with an eight-month history of depressed mood . . . He also . . . had visions of apocalyptic events."

(So have Alarmist of the Year Tim Flannery, Profit of Doom Al Gore and Sir Richard Brazen, but I digress.)

"The patient had also developed the belief that, due to climate change, his own water consumption could lead within days to the deaths of millions of people through exhaustion of water supplies."

This is interesting, too:

"Garnaut on Friday admitted any cuts we make will be useless unless they inspire other countries to do the same -- especially China and India: "Only a global agreement has any prospect of reducing risks of dangerous climate change to acceptable levels."

So almost everything depends on China and India copying us. But the chances of that? A big, round zero."

I thought this was interesting, you might too. Lots of good little factoids:

Doomed to a fatal delusion over climate change | Herald Sun

"Writing in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, Joshua Wolf and Robert Salo of our Royal Children's Hospital say this delusion was a "previously unreported phenomenon".

"A 17-year-old man was referred to the inpatient psychiatric unit at Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne with an eight-month history of depressed mood . . . He also . . . had visions of apocalyptic events."

(So have Alarmist of the Year Tim Flannery, Profit of Doom Al Gore and Sir Richard Brazen, but I digress.)

"The patient had also developed the belief that, due to climate change, his own water consumption could lead within days to the deaths of millions of people through exhaustion of water supplies."

This is interesting, too:

"Garnaut on Friday admitted any cuts we make will be useless unless they inspire other countries to do the same -- especially China and India: "Only a global agreement has any prospect of reducing risks of dangerous climate change to acceptable levels."

So almost everything depends on China and India copying us. But the chances of that? A big, round zero."

that is just ridiculous. talk about being easily manipulated. as for a global agreement being signed? im not holding my breath

This thread has nothing to do with the environment. Current Events or Funny Stories in the News, but nothing that belongs here.

the climate science deniers arent in delusion

they know they are lying

they just are 60 years old and think they can make money until they die

and fuck little children

HMMMMmmmmm....

90% of Earth ice on Antarctica adds at least 80 billion tons of ice every year - http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

Court certified truth that Antarctic ice is growing and CO2 has no correlation with temps in the ice cores - Court Identifies Eleven Inaccuracies in Al Gore’s ‘An Inconvenient Truth’

We KNOW we TELL THE TRUTH to science invalids who aren't interested in truth.,... because all they ever do is...

Court certified truth that Antarctic ice is growing and CO2 has no correlation with temps in the ice cores - Court Identifies Eleven Inaccuracies in Al Gore’s ‘An Inconvenient Truth’

Dex, what evidence did Dimmock v Secretary of State for Education and Skills have that Antarctic ice was increasing? Zwally didn't publish for another 6 or 7 years.

Dex? Still waiting for the answer to this simple question.

And, if you can't figure that one out, how about an actual quote from the court in Dimmock that they "certified truth that Antarctic ice is growing and that CO2 has no correlation with temps in ice cores". You can find the conclusion here: Stuart Dimmock v. Secretary of State for Education and Skills, [2007] EWHC 2288 (Admin) (Inconvenient Truth case) | ELAW

What ever happened to AllieBabba?

It just ain't kosher

It seems they were banned. Do you know why? It might have been entirely kosher.

You claim to be smarter than most of the population. Where was my avatar photo taken?

Forum List

Back