Climate Change Activiem does have some religious followers

Trakar

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Evangelicals Stand Up for the EPA on Climate Change
By Mel Fabrikant Thursday, June 21, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
TV Spots in Key States and More Than 40,000 Messages of Support. Contact: Jim Ball, 202-744-5615; [email protected]
June 21, 2012 (WASHINGTON, DC) – This Sunday morning the Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN) will be running TV spots in key states — VA, TN, NC, OH, PA, MO and in DC — asking viewers to tell their Senators “that defending the EPA’s ability to reduce carbon pollution is the right thing to do.”
(...)
“I’m sure it will surprise some to know that over 40,000 pro-life Christians are supporting the EPA’s efforts to overcome global warming,” says the Rev. Jim Ball, author of Global Warming and the Risen LORD and EEN’s Executive Vice President for Policy and Climate Change. “Support for climate action has been quietly growing, despite our economic troubles and the disavowal of climate change by prominent political leaders. Christians are seeing that climate action is part of Christ’s lordship in our lives, even in the midst of hardship and opposition.”
Support for climate action within the evangelical community began in February 2006 when more than 80 senior evangelical leaders, including Rick Warren of Saddleback Church and Bill Hybels of Willow Creek Community Church, formed the Evangelical Climate Initiative (ECI) and issued a statement calling for strong action on climate change, including federal legislation to put a price on carbon. Since then evangelicals have authored numerous books climate change and creation care, including Katharine Hayhoe and Andrew Farley’s A Climate of Change: Global Warming Facts for Faith-Based Decisions, Jonathan Merritt’s Green Like God, Ben Lowe’s Green Revolution and Ball’s Global Warming and the Risen LORD.
(...)

So there are some religious people who align their beliefs with the realities the world presents. Personally, I prefer to keep my politics, my religion, and my understandings of science in distinct and seperate areas of understanding.

TV Spots in Key States and More Than 40,000 Messages of Support. Contact: Jim Ball, 202-744-5615; [email protected]
June 21, 2012 (WASHINGTON, DC) – This Sunday morning the Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN) will be running TV spots in key states — VA, TN, NC, OH, PA, MO and in DC — asking viewers to tell their Senators “that defending the EPA’s ability to reduce carbon pollution is the right thing to do.”
(...)
“I’m sure it will surprise some to know that over 40,000 pro-life Christians are supporting the EPA’s efforts to overcome global warming,” says the Rev. Jim Ball, author of Global Warming and the Risen LORD and EEN’s Executive Vice President for Policy and Climate Change. “Support for climate action has been quietly growing, despite our economic troubles and the disavowal of climate change by prominent political leaders. Christians are seeing that climate action is part of Christ’s lordship in our lives, even in the midst of hardship and opposition.”
Support for climate action within the evangelical community began in February 2006 when more than 80 senior evangelical leaders, including Rick Warren of Saddleback Church and Bill Hybels of Willow Creek Community Church, formed the Evangelical Climate Initiative (ECI) and issued a statement calling for strong action on climate change, including federal legislation to put a price on carbon. Since then evangelicals have authored numerous books climate change and creation care, including Katharine Hayhoe and Andrew Farley’s A Climate of Change: Global Warming Facts for Faith-Based Decisions, Jonathan Merritt’s Green Like God, Ben Lowe’s Green Revolution and Ball’s Global Warming and the Risen LORD.
(...)

So there are some religious people who align their beliefs with the realities the world presents. Personally, I prefer to keep my politics, my religion, and my understandings of science in distinct and seperate areas of understanding.

It's true, there are left wing warmists who are religious.

(...)
(...)

Indeed.

al-gore-the-goracle-75981847529.jpeg

(...)
(...)

I don't know that most christians are left wing, but given Christ's philosophy, it does make sense.

I don't know that most christians are left wing, but given Christ's philosophy, it does make sense.

Only the confused ones are left wing.

My guess is those founding pastors bought into a shitload of carbon credits and green crappola and are watching their investments go down the tubes... I had a group of these clowns as angel investors in a tech company once..

The Parable of the Good Steward is very much applicable to how we maintain the planet that we live on and that our descendents will live on.

There is no confusion in those following Christ's teachings.

"And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need." - Acts 2:44-45

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs." - 1 Timothy 6:10

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money." - Matthew 6:24

"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' ” - Galatians 5:14

"And He called him and said to him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous in much. You cannot serve both God and mammon." - Luke 16:2,10,13

"And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need." - Acts 2:44-45

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs." - 1 Timothy 6:10

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money." - Matthew 6:24

"For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' ” - Galatians 5:14

"And He called him and said to him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.' He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous in much. You cannot serve both God and mammon." - Luke 16:2,10,13

Except the left-wingers who support abortion and big government.

Please support your apparent contention that Christ's teachings said anything with regards to either issue. You are apparently inserting your own political beliefs in areas the Christ did not address. He did, however, address war, greed, pride lack of compassion and selfishness.

Please support your apparent contention that Christ's teachings said anything with regards to either issue. You are apparently inserting your own political beliefs in areas the Christ did not address. He did, however, address war, greed, pride lack of compassion and selfishness.

Christ didn't teach that killing innocent children is wrong?

Christ didn't teach that killing innocent children is wrong?

Under Jewish Law the unborn were not even considered alive until their first breath and were generally not accorded any expectations, rights or protections under the law until after they survived the first 30 days after leaving the womb.

If you are aware of any teaching by Jesus regarding abortion, please present it.

The "Christ" phenomenon is largely the p.r. work of Paul and later Christians, particularly the Roman Catholic Church, so expect distortion, to play a large part, in stories of Jesus and Christianity.

A lot of what was going on with Jesus was revealed, in the Gospel of Thomas, excluded from the Bible, with the Gospel of Judas, Gospel of Mary Magdalene, etc. The Gospel of Thomas addresses how we can all be "sons" of God, which didn't sit well, with Popes.

The Gospel of Judas has to do with how Jesus INSTRUCTED Peter and Judas to go get the Temple Authority, to do the bust on Jesus, since if the Temple Authority didn't have the perp, to reveal to the Romans, when the Romans heard of the disturbance in the Temple AND got around to finding Jesus and his followers, the Romans would typically whack every last one of those persons, in the vicinity.

So Jesus was beaten, by a crowd of Jews, he likely didn't recover well, he was having issues, with his Guardian Angel-fella (read into: "Get behind me, Satan!"), and he decided to throw a feast, doink Mary Magdalene, and then go to the cross.

Jesus is the second "Messiah," according to a timeline, started by a rebel, named Shimon, who declared himself messiah. When your TV is broke, pictures of your TV when it wasn't broke can be shown, on some working set. But if your tube is shot, sorry about your reception. No more Jesus!

One fart too many (see O.R. thread re A real alarmist viewpoint), one fire too many, and we might just have us a P/T-style extinction event. I prefer to smarten up and keep things to the PETM level.

Sorry about your luck, if you thought Jesus would come back or Obamacare would get sacked.

Christianity now has a dysfunction, which Islam tried to address, on page 1 of the Qu'ran, but Muslims wound up with a Qu'ran, which the Mormons tried to utilize, in all the recommendations, in the Book of Mormon.

The current Pope has said words to the effect, skeptics may be atheists. I am leaning to the Bill Maher media, see Religiousity.

Forum List

Back