Click it up another couple degrees!

You seem to be mistaking, or misunderstanding, my position and climate science understandings. no harm, no foul.

Well, I apologize, because my passion had the better of me and I'm new to this board.

Understood, as I said, no harm, no foul. Your passion is appreciated and largely reciprocated. Much of my time and effort are spent in the pursuit of creating a more bountiful planet for future generations.

LOL, well I tend to like things a bit cooler, myself.

Speaking of Florida, how do you think the coral reefs are fairing in that area?

Between, increased mean storm strength, rising sealevels, increasing temperatures and lowering pH, I would imagine that many of them are suffering and experiencing a rough go at survival. I know that the last few times I went diving down off the coast of Belize that there are ever growing dead spots covering acres on the largest barrier reef in the Americas. It has been sad to see these spots start and then grow so dramatically over the last decade or so. (Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System)

Even if we don't agree (and that's my sarcasm), I still wish you well.

We probably agree on a great deal more than you realize, but even where we don't agree, I'm sure we can interact agreeably.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Years, Brother.

The coral isn't doing too good in Florida and from what I hear it's around 80 to 90% destroyed.

I'm reminded of a place in Florida called Coral Castle, where this guy cut blocks of coral, which exist under present day Florida to build a weird area. I think the story was he did it for a lost love. What I remember was the guy was a foreigner of some sorts and some of the blocks or carvings were rather large, so there was speculation about how he managed to move them and by himself, apparently.

The reason I was reminded of it, is there's the evidence above ground that coral grew for millions of years allowing a lonely man to dig down and harvest it, but it isn't growing now in the oceans nearby.

Sticking your head in the sand won't help you, walleyed.

Report shows record U.S. drought intensifying
CBS News
July 26, 2012
(excerpts)
(CBS/AP)ST. LOUIS - A new report shows the drought in the U.S. heartland is rapidly intensifying and shows no signs of abating. The U.S. Drought Monitor report released Thursday shows that the amount of land classified in extreme or exceptional drought jumped to more than 20 percent, up 7 percent from last week. More than 63 percent of the continental U.S. is in some stage of drought, a portion unseen since the Drought Monitor started in 1999. The drought has sent corn, soybean and other commodity prices soaring in recent weeks. The Department of Agriculture said Wednesday the drought will help push food prices up by 3 percent to 4 percent next year. Milk, eggs, beef, poultry and pork prices will all be affected by the drought.

Besides lower crop yields driving up food prices, the Mississippi River, one of the food-growing heartland's most-vital shipping lanes, is running about 12 feet below normal. "It takes more turns, more shipments to get the same amount of tonnage down to New Orleans," Barge operator Mark Fletcher told CBS News. Another nasty side-effect of the drought is the rise of swarming insects seeking shelter from the hot and dry conditions in yards and even houses. Mike O'Toole, of Iowa's AAA Pest Control, told "CBS This Morning": "The insects are being driven inside because they're looking for coolness, dampness -- some place to get out of the sun and out of the heat."

© 2012 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.)
Living with your head up your bum won't help you either....
Wow, you must be psychic, walleyed, that's exactly what I was going to tell you next. Of course in your case, it is Exxon's bum you've got your head jammed up into.

Actually I worked for BP over 30 years ago. Dames and Moore wanted me to have experience working in the petroleum world before I went to work for them.

That being said, the current scam of AGW is being directed by the oil companies now, but your head is so far up your rectum you can only see brown. They get to make buckets of cash for doing absolutely nothing.

How does it feel to be a whore for the oil companies?

What part of a scam makes arctic sea ice, permafrost, glaciers, June snow cover, Greenland and all that other stuff melt?

Have they lied about all that data?

Westwall claims to be a geologist. Yet he denigrates virtually all of the geologists that are doing research in any way connected to global warming. He claims the whole of the American Geophysical Union and the Geological Society of America are in on some sort of international conspiracy to convince us all that the world is warming, and that GHGs are actually GHGs.

Add to that, he is a right wing nutter. So he is going to choose his political viewpoint over physical reality, which, unfortunately, is the GOP standard, at present.

Add to that, he is a right wing nutter. So he is going to choose his political viewpoint over physical reality, which, unfortunately, is the GOP standard, at present.

Now, now, let's not get partisan. Afterall, I am a proud and registered Republican. Of course, I hold more to older roots of Republicanism than most of the current Con-servatives that have ruined what was once a Grand Old Party of great diversity, the birth place of the only truly Progressive party in America. The party of Lincoln, "Teddy" Roosevelt, and Eisenhower. It isn't about the party, it is about the people and ideas that commandeer those parties.

Living with your head up your bum won't help you either....
Wow, you must be psychic, walleyed, that's exactly what I was going to tell you next. Of course in your case, it is Exxon's bum you've got your head jammed up into.
Actually I worked for BP over 30 years ago.
Oooooooh.....big surprise there....

...the current scam of AGW is being directed by the oil companies now, but your head is so far up your rectum you can only see brown. They get to make buckets of cash for doing absolutely nothing.
Ah, there's that old walleyedretard logic for you. Fossil fuel industry profits (hundreds of billions of dollars a year total) come from the sales of fossil fuels - oil (and its derivatives like gasoline and diesel fuel), coal, and natural gas - all of which emit carbon dioxide. Responding to the anthropogenic global warming/climate change crisis requires drastic reductions of human caused carbon emissions. Restricting and reducing carbon emissions will require much less use of fossil fuels and therefore much less profits for the companies whose business is selling fossil fuels. But somehow, in the walleyedretard's little denier cult bizarro-world, the fossil fuel companies are actually "directing the AGW scam" that will destroy their profit stream. ROTFLMAO.

You would know that a lot better than most and certainly way, way better that me. The question is: are you a paid whore, pushing lies, propaganda and misinformation as a paid agent of disinformation, or are you just so retarded and gullible that you whore for the oil corps for free?

Westwall claims to be a geologist. Yet he denigrates virtually all of the geologists that are doing research in any way connected to global warming. He claims the whole of the American Geophysical Union and the Geological Society of America are in on some sort of international conspiracy to convince us all that the world is warming, and that GHGs are actually GHGs.

That the best you can do olfraud? I see you havn't even attempted to answer my little 2nd year test question. I thought third and fourth year was soooo easy and yet you can't even deal with a simple 2nd year problem.

And no, I am not a right wing nutter. I am pro gay marriage, I am pro drug legalisation, I am pro virtually every social program you can think of. I am however anti pseudo-science.

Do figure out the difference someday.

And you claim to be an environementalist and yet you work for EVRAZ an admittedly grossly polluting company on every continent it operates on.

How do you sleep with yourself...I mean really, how do you do it?

Actually I worked for BP over 30 years ago.
Oooooooh.....big surprise there....

...the current scam of AGW is being directed by the oil companies now, but your head is so far up your rectum you can only see brown. They get to make buckets of cash for doing absolutely nothing.
Ah, there's that old walleyedretard logic for you. Fossil fuel industry profits (hundreds of billions of dollars a year total) come from the sales of fossil fuels - oil (and its derivatives like gasoline and diesel fuel), coal, and natural gas - all of which emit carbon dioxide. Responding to the anthropogenic global warming/climate change crisis requires drastic reductions of human caused carbon emissions. Restricting and reducing carbon emissions will require much less use of fossil fuels and therefore much less profits for the companies whose business is selling fossil fuels. But somehow, in the walleyedretard's little denier cult bizarro-world, the fossil fuel companies are actually "directing the AGW scam" that will destroy their profit stream. ROTFLMAO.

You would know that a lot better than most and certainly way, way better that me. The question is: are you a paid whore, pushing lies, propaganda and misinformation as a paid agent of disinformation, or are you just so retarded and gullible that you whore for the oil corps for free?

Your last question is almost a good one. I am retired and have been for several years now. I worked in the environmental geological field for 30 years after the two with BP, it stands to reason if you wish to know what needs to be fixed it is best to see the damage as it occurs but that would for someone with an intellect.

Mindless shills like you don't think.

...the current scam of AGW is being directed by the oil companies now,

Your last question is almost a good one. I am retired and have been for several years now. I worked in the environmental geological field for 30 years after the two with BP, it stands to reason if you wish to know what needs to be fixed it is best to see the damage as it occurs but that would for someone with an intellect.
LOLOLOLOLOL.....I notice that you always ignore the important, relevant parts and only respond to the trivial parts of other people's posts. Aren't you going to explain to us just how and why the fossil fuel industry is "directing a scam" to destroy their own profit stream and the basis of their business? LOLOLOLOLOL.

As for claiming credentials and work experience on an anonymous internet forum, that's just pathetic. Based on the level of scientific understanding and logic displayed in your posts, it seems far more likely that you are a retired honey-dipper truck driver for some local porta-potty company.

Another good description of yourself. Psychological projection bites you in the azz again.

Last edited:

LOLOLOLOLOL.....I notice that you always ignore the important, relevant parts and only respond to the trivial parts of other people's posts. Aren't you going to explain to us just how and why the fossil fuel industry is "directing a scam" to destroy their own profit stream and the basis of their business? LOLOLOLOLOL.

As for claiming credentials and work experience on an anonymous internet forum, that's just pathetic. Based on the level of scientific understanding and logic displayed in your posts, it seems far more likely that you are a retired honey-dipper truck driver for some local porta-potty company.

Another good description of yourself. Psychological projection bites you in the azz again.

The oil companies won't lose a dime from this boondoggle numbnuts. In fact they will make money hand over fist as well Goldman Sachs and the other scumbag companies that are pushing this fraud on the people of the world.

A carbon tax gets passed down to you little fry, the oil companies don't pay a dime of it. Then, because they have invested in all the green fraud companies they get the tax incentive monies that you the taxpayer have had to pay them for your use of their product.

It's kind of like Chevron. You see in the cracking process there's a little byproduct called MTBE that is just a bitch to get rid of. Costs loads of money to do so. Well one of the dear Chevron employees said "you know, this crap can be used as an oxygenate so we could charge the people for it instead of us having to pay to get rid of it."

The powers that be at Chevron said "hey that's a GREAT idea, no matter that the stuff is known carcinogen and that it is highly corrosive as well...no problem, we can get those dumbshits at the California Air Resources Board to mandate its use and we get to laugh all the way to the bank!"

And surprise, surprise that's exactly what they did. Now tens of thousands of water wells are contaminated accross the State of CA thanks to that incredibly stupid decision by the CARB.

But don't believe me at all, go look it up for yourself.

The oil companies won't lose a dime from this boondoggle numbnuts.

Riiiight....carbon emissions get a hefty tax put on them so that fossil fuels are more expensive than renewables and sales of fossil fuels plummet causing the oil, coal and gas companies to suffer a massive loss of profits and in your little private bizarro-world, they make more money.....LOLOLOLOL.....you are such a looney retard, walleyes.....

Riiiight....carbon emissions get a hefty tax put on them so that fossil fuels are more expensive than renewables and sales of fossil fuels plummet causing the oil, coal and gas companies to suffer a massive loss of profits and in your little private bizarro-world, they make more money.....LOLOLOLOL.....you are such a looney retard, walleyes.....

You're not too good with economics are you. How much do europeans pay for gasoline and diesel?

Now, now, let's not get partisan. Afterall, I am a proud and registered Republican. Of course, I hold more to older roots of Republicanism than most of the current Con-servatives that have ruined what was once a Grand Old Party of great diversity, the birth place of the only truly Progressive party in America. The party of Lincoln, "Teddy" Roosevelt, and Eisenhower. It isn't about the party, it is about the people and ideas that commandeer those parties.

Unfortunately it is today more the party of Bachman and Palin than that of Tom McCall and Bill Buckley. But I completely hope that you and others that are sane bring the GOP back to it's roots, and make this once again a two party system where the competition is about workable ideas, not absolute ideologies.

Then maybe I will see a Republican run for office in Oregon that I can in good conscience vote for. Too many Sizemores of late.

You're not too good with economics are you. How much do europeans pay for gasoline and diesel?
I'm good at spotting bullsh*t and you peg the meter all the time.

BS-Meter1.jpg

But go ahead, I could use another good laugh, and explain to everyone just how the fossil fuel industries are going to make more money when their products become more expensive than the alternative energy sources because an appropriately high level of taxation has been put on all human sources of carbon emissions (not breathing, so don't wet yourself). Electric vehicles already cost several times less for the electricity to go somewhere than it would cost for the gas to go the same distance. If gasoline in the USA goes up to, let's say, current European price levels due to a carbon tax, how will that affect the demand for electric vehicles?. If the cost of coal and gas electrical generation becomes higher than the cost of wind and solar, what will the hard-headed managers of the grid do? Will the oil companies run ads like the American tobacco company did in the sixties and seventies, after the link between cancer and smoking came out, showing pictures of people with black eyes and bruises talking about how "I'd rather fight than switch!"? LOLOLOL.

Last edited:

BS-Meter1.jpg

But go ahead, I could use another good laugh, and explain to everyone just how the fossil fuel industries are going to make more money when their products become more expensive than the alternative energy sources because an appropriately high level of taxation has been put on all human sources of carbon emissions (not breathing, so don't wet yourself). Electric vehicles already cost several times less for the electricity to go somewhere than it would cost for the gas to go the same distance. If gasoline in the USA goes up to, let's say, current European price levels due to a carbon tax, how will that affect the demand for electric vehicles?. If the cost of coal and gas electrical generation becomes higher than the cost of wind and solar, what will the hard-headed managers of the grid do? Will the oil companies run ads like the American tobacco company did in the sixties and seventies, after the link between cancer and smoking came out, showing pictures of people with black eyes and bruises talking about how "I'd rather fight than switch!"? LOLOLOL.

Europeans allready pay more than triple what we do and yet they still buy their fuels because they need to. It's a shame you are such a closed minded individual.

BS-Meter1.jpg

Europeans allready pay more than triple what we do and yet they still buy their fuels because they need to. It's a shame you are such a closed minded individual.

You seem to be real good at posting lies and not very good at finding primary sources of information. That's odd for someone claiming to be a geologist who worked for the oil industry.

About.com: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/prices.html#Motor

About.com: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/prices.html#Diesel

Those are the weekly EIA reports for gasoline and diesel in various countries compared to the US. None of those European countries have gasoline or diesel prices more than 3 times what we pay. The price of the commodities is basically the same and it's the taxes that are different. You can get the price from the EIA excluding taxes by just using the EIA links for petroleum.

Here is one for gasoline and notice the weekly commodity prices are about the same:

Notice the weekly commodity prices of gasoline in the UK and France are actually cheaper than the US.

1. I know how to find primary sources of information and prove somebody is just making things up.

2. How did I know it was a lie?

a. I've researched all the energy sectors before.

b. Your lips moved.

Here is the home page for the EIA and even though it's a little harder to navigate than it once was, you can find energy reports on nearly anything in any country.

U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Of course, being a geologist, you would know that! Now, what were you saying about me being a revisionist?

Last edited:
Didn't Ted Dansen tel us like, 10 years ago that the world was going to end, in like, ten years?

These goofs have never been right about anything.

Didn't Ted Dansen tel us like, 10 years ago that the world was going to end, in like, ten years?

Why don't you quote Ted Dansen and quote some opinions from the New Orlean Saints on their global warming views? Obviously, such views are more important to you than science.

BS-Meter1.jpg

You seem to be real good at posting lies and not very good at finding primary sources of information. That's odd for someone claiming to be a geologist who worked for the oil industry.

About.com: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/prices.html#Diesel

Those are the weekly EIA reports for gasoline and diesel in various countries compared to the US. None of those European countries have gasoline or diesel prices more than 3 times what we pay. The price of the commodities is basically the same and it's the taxes that are different. You can get the price from the EIA excluding taxes by just using the EIA links for petroleum.

Here is one for gasoline and notice the weekly commodity prices are about the same:

Notice the weekly commodity prices of gasoline in the UK and France are actually cheaper than the US.

1. I know how to find primary sources of information and prove somebody is just making things up.

2. How did I know it was a lie?

a. I've researched all the energy sectors before.

b. Your lips moved.

Here is the home page for the EIA and even though it's a little harder to navigate than it once was, you can find energy reports on nearly anything in any country.

U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Of course, being a geologist, you would know that! Now, what were you saying about me being a revisionist?

How about that price at the pump or do you ignore that price for a reason? Although I must say, French prices have stayed constant where ours have gone up considerably, so at the moment French drivers are only paying 2.3 times what we pay per gallon of gas.

The Uk though is worse, the drivers there are paying 6 pounds 22 which equals out to around 10 bucks per gallon, so there they are indeed paying triple what we do.

So piss off liar.

Cost of Gasoline in France - Americans in France

Current price of gas in London England in U.S. dollars

Why don't you quote Ted Dansen and quote some opinions from the New Orlean Saints on their global warming views? Obviously, such views are more important to you than science.

Sure buddy sure. Remember this blast from the past? Then to make things more difficult they started telling us that if we didn't pay them their carbon taxes the world would end in 1000 years. That way no one could check their work, (how perfect a scam is that...put off the impending doom till those who could prosecute you are long dead and forgotten), or how about those interminable "tipping points" we all were warned about? Hmmmm???

"Global warming, the heating of the atmosphere by increased amounts of industrial gases, is now accepted as a reality by the international community. Average temperatures in Britain were nearly 0.6°C higher in the Nineties than in 1960-90, and it is estimated that they will increase by 0.2C every decade over the coming century. Eight of the 10 hottest years on record occurred in the Nineties.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said."

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past - Environment - The Independent

Scientists 'expect climate tipping point' by 2200 - Science - News - The Independent

'We have hours' to prevent climate disaster - thestar.com

BBC NEWS | UK | PM warns of climate 'catastrophe'

Just 96 months to save world, says Prince Charles - Green Living - Environment - The Independent

Five years to save world from climate change, says WWF - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

And this is just a few of the "tipping points"....allmost all of which we have now passed BTW, that's why they keep placing the "tipping Points" farther and farther into the future now...

So you tell me dubdub, how many failures do you give to someone before you figure out their science isn't up to snuff?

Forum List

Back