Cleveland Quakes

Makes me recall a lazy Sunday afternoon in the late 70's laying on the couch in my Columbus apartment, reading the newspaper and listening to the Tribe on the radio. A vibration in the air made it feel like a truck rolled by but there was no sound. I looked out and noticed others looking out their windows as well. Then it became clear when Herb Score broadcasting the Indians game I was listening to, said from 150 miles away in Cleveland that he just felt the press box shake, shake even more than he ever noticed during a Browns game.

Hope all's well.

Cleveland really rocked today, for real

5.0 quake in Canada felt in Northeast Ohio - Yahoo! News

A 5.5 magnitude earthquake out of Ontario, Canada, was felt in Northeast Ohio and at least as far south as Cincinnati.

I actually felt this quake. My son says he though someone had hit the house with a van or truck. I am looking for cracks in the foundation, and walls :eusa_pray:

There is an large crack in one of the streets I travel on, on my way to work, that was NOT there when I went to work this morning

I didn't feel it. I'm about 60 miles from Cleveland.

The U.S. Geological Survey just posted that the quake was centered at Ontario-Quebec border region in Cananda at 1:41 p.m. The depth of the quake was reported out of 11.9 miles.

I didn't feel it because Maine is nowhere near Cananda.
Yeah, good point.

I felt it in Massachusetts. No lie. I was sitting at my desk when I felt the building move and I immediately said ... "I just felt an earthquake." My co-workers of course didn't believe me. They were up walking around and didn't notice. When word broke of the quake in Canada, I wasted little time reminding them of what I said.

Forum List

Back