Cleveland Browns (NFL) 2018: Forecast/Frills(?)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Abishai100, Jun 3, 2018.

1. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,439
    After rechecking their schedule I'm thinking 4 wins may be a stretch.

2. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,137
    what absolutely drove me nuts about him back when he was witht the Browns, it would be 3rd and 14 the whole room could call the next play! Metcalf up the middle! I would just lose it! Yes I would take marty back in a heart beat! I would also welcome Pete Carroll that guy gets rings every where he goes!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,207
    You dont have a very god memory on Carrol,he never got a ring when he was coach of the Patriots. Yeah that doesnt surprise me that he did that with the Browns during those times. as i said,back then he WAS a good coach and he was the first couple years while with the chiefs as well but he got arrogant and SHITTENHEIMER is a moron now,But yeah i figured you would rather have that arrogant moron back over what you have had the last 20 years plus.As i said,he cant be any worse.LOL

I am very surprised they have not called him to come back like the Raiders did with John Gruden or the Rams did with Chuck Knox back in the 90's.

Here in kc he was well known for being called Shittenheimer,How bout there in cleveland when they would not advance to the superbowl,did they start calling him that there before he came here or not?

I am thinking it was here in Kansas city when the fans gave him the nickname Martyball,that it was coined here and not in cleveland,I cant ever recall the announcers ever saying martyball out there.am i right,was it coined here?

whats really funny is it was not just the fans here in kc who thought he was super conservative.Even the announcers did. On a monday night game against the Broncos he had Montana go in and try to draw them offsides with a hard count on 4th and two and dan dierdorf said-yeah i thought thats what marty was going to do,i never thought he would risk it like that on fourth down,you werent fooling anybody marty,we all know how conservative you are.priceless.:abgg2q.jpg::haha::haha::laughing0301::laughing0301:

4. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,549
    Say what you will about Marty, he was a damn good regular season coach. Not his fault that Byner fumbled away their Super Bowl shot one year. He also coached the Chefs to a couple 13-3 seasons. The one with Montana has to be one on the list of great teams not to win a championship.

Back to the Browns current state... I thought they blew this draft. I would have taken Barkley first and then the best QB available. Chances are they still would have gotten their guy. They have some talent on the team, but probably not enough to win in their division. They might be competitive with the Bengals and Ravens, but not the Steelers.

5. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,231
    They should double their win total of last year! Lol!

6. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,207
    yeah like i said at ONE TIME he was a good coach.When he was with the Browns he was a good coach,no doubt about that.Its just when he joined the chiefs was when he became arrogant and was not that good a coach anymore after his first couple of years there. He had the players to make him look good in kc.Neil smith,Derrick Thomas,and he inherited the best secondary in the league.Elway always said the chiefs had a tough secondary even in the 80's when they were terrible.Once they got Thomas and Smith their defense was so formidable that it carried their offense in the first few years when Marty was there before Montana arrived. yeah the defense was so formidable that it carried them to those two 13-3 seasons you mentioned.

The problem with Marty was his coaching was good enough to win during the regular season when he faced crappy teams like seattle who was in their division at the time and others of course but his conservative style did not work during the playoffs because once you face the best of the best,being conservative doesnt work anymore.His mind would always freeze up in the playoffs.He always panicked and got scared once they started.:abgg2q.jpg:

as i said before,the ONLY time one of his playoff teams lost where HE was not to blame for making a costly stupid decision that cost the team the game,was the byner fumble.that one was obviously not his fault.Just all the other times.:abgg2q.jpg: "at least as far as his days with the chiefs and then chargers" since in the beginning when he was with the Browns,he WAS a good coach then at that time.

7. Borillar

Borillar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,549
    Marty kind of reminds me of Dennis Green, not so much as style goes, but in results. He always put out competitive teams and consistently made the playoffs, but was never good enough to get to the Super Bowl let alone win it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. evenflow1969

evenflow1969 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,137
    We could have Brady in there and it would not mkae much of a difference! Seven sacks and endless pressures no QB will florish with out a line that can block! Line problems are getting old!

9. my2¢

my2¢ So it goes.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,906
    Josh Gordan had a step on defender in closing moments of regulation for an easy game winning TD. Unfortunately Tyrod Taylor tossed the ball a step behind him for an easy interception and overtime. Still I'd take Taylor over what they sent out there in the past and what the Bills put their future faith in.