Clemens on 60 minutes

Bern80

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2004
If he really is innocent, he didn't pick the best public persona card to play. He tried to do the indignant, 'why don't I get the benefit of the doubt.' Basically saying based on who he claimes he is, no one should beleive the allegations. it wasn't terribly convincing.

It continues to amaze me to know how many were on roids, yet so few will actually come clean (no pun intended). They either flat out deny it or claim they didn't know they took it.

If he really is innocent, he didn't pick the best public persona card to play. He tried to do the indignant, 'why don't I get the benefit of the doubt.' Basically saying based on who he claimes he is, no one should beleive the allegations. it wasn't terribly convincing.

It continues to amaze me to know how many were on roids, yet so few will actually come clean (no pun intended). They either flat out deny it or claim they didn't know they took it.
In America, you are presumed innocent. Unless of course the media fries your ass, and then you are guilty first and last. The media has toasted the Rocket, and he will always be guilty from here on out. His records are besmirched forever and perhaps millions that he could have made from future endorsements have been flamed. Certainly Mitchell knew this would happen when he released the report. Mitchell decided to punish Clemens without any due process whatsoever.

Put yourself in his shoes. Why is you DO believe the allegation? Because of "who he is"? A big name pro athlete. Must be juicin.'

Why doesn't he get the benefit of doubt?

In America, you are presumed innocent. Unless of course the media fries your ass, and then you are guilty first and last. The media has toasted the Rocket, and he will always be guilty from here on out. His records are besmirched forever and perhaps millions that he could have made from future endorsements have been flamed. Certainly Mitchell knew this would happen when he released the report. Mitchell decided to punish Clemens without any due process whatsoever.

No kidding. Look at Mark MGwire. 'Roidhead, right? He used androstenedione which was sold as a sports supplement at GNC and Great Earth at the time he was using it.

The fact that our Federal Government is wasting its time on this crap chaps my ass.

The fact that if the respective sports associations wanted to crack down on steroids they could have long ago chaps my ass.

That we are pushed/push these guys from childhood to "win no matter what" and "winning is the only option" then turn on them in heartbeat when they do exactly that is bullshit.

And I don't want to hear that role model crap either. If these guys are your kids' role models I suggest a few books on better parenting skills are in order.

Rant off.:cool:

Given a couple post interviews, I don't know what to think either. I'm leaning more toward he didn't use.

You're right Gunny. People are upset about his reaction calling it too defensive and I guess if he's innocent I don't think I'd feel any different. You think about and you know Roger knows there was an investigation going on with names to be released immnently and he's probably thinking to himself 'well I got nothing to worry about' then all of the sudden you become the biggest name on the list of users. So yeah i'd be a littled pissed I guess.

To the subject of steroids themselves, yeah this is a colossal waste of time. And frankly say if they want to use, let them use. Performance enhancing substances? What is that? Couldn't you make the argument that Gatorade is a performance enhancing substance?

I watched that too and thought he squirmed too much to be innocent. My wife came in, sat down, watched three minutes, and said he's lying. lol The lie detector test question also stumped him, and why would the trainer lie in this case when his other testimony was confirmed. He got caught and isn't man enough to admit it in my opinion. Having played too much baseball as a kid I was always amazed at how Ruth's and Maris's record fell and fell and fell. Just didn't seem to make sense - now it does.

There are lots of rumors where McNamee is concerned, bribery, etc. He doesn't have the cleanest past from what I've heard.

Given a couple post interviews, I don't know what to think either. I'm leaning more toward he didn't use.

You're right Gunny. People are upset about his reaction calling it too defensive and I guess if he's innocent I don't think I'd feel any different. You think about and you know Roger knows there was an investigation going on with names to be released immnently and he's probably thinking to himself 'well I got nothing to worry about' then all of the sudden you become the biggest name on the list of users. So yeah i'd be a littled pissed I guess.

To the subject of steroids themselves, yeah this is a colossal waste of time. And frankly say if they want to use, let them use. Performance enhancing substances? What is that? Couldn't you make the argument that Gatorade is a performance enhancing substance?

Performance enhancing substance is exactly what it says. Gatorade would be more of a replenishment thing. It is not sold ot enhance performance. As to your point, one could argue that taking a One-a-Day vitamin is a performance enhancing substance.

If I am genetically predisposed (gifted) to a certain skill and I work hard to perfect it, you can take all the steroids you want and you'll NEVER be as good. The notion that steroids can do all the work is propaganda sold to the American public and they've bought the whole line.

Now, I am neither a MLB fan, nor a Clemens fan. I just find every time this topic surfaces to page one because our Congress doesn't have more important matters to entertain, the ignorance to the subject is astounding.

Forum List

Back