Clearing Up The Mystery Why HIV/AIDS Epidemic Keeps Getting Worse

How effective do you think the CDC's ad campaign to ask gay guys to be honest with each other is?

• Fine, it is a perfect solution. Gay guys will be honest with each other.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Somewhat OK but it doesn't seem to be working.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A very poor choice. This subpopulation isn't going to suddenly curb its appetite to "get honest".

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Wrong. My friend's mother let him live at home while he was doing what he did. His friends, my family included, overlooked his excesses and kept him invited and involved in all the activities. He was closer to my brother than me. We all instinctively assumed he was sick, but it was never rubbed in his face.

Yeah, I guess if my friends all thought I was "sick" for being who i was, I'd have issues, too.

But I actually exist.

"Sexually Imprinted"? Really? I mean he was all set to go with girls until he took one up the pooper and they got the Gay all over him?

Seriously, man, you need to stop sharing your Slash-Fic fantasies with us.

Here's an abstract of an article that will show how that happens:
]

Once again- an article that doesn't say what you want it to say.

Horseshit. you're making shit up.

Please get some help with your homophobia before you go to jail for hate crimes.
Did you notice the links I provided? Do I make up CDC data? Peer-reviewed scientific studies?

Wow, so now to keep lifesaving information away from little boys, you want to jail their protectors and soothsayers. ...

You make up all sorts of stuff- especially when you are saying what you claim anyone else is saying.

Nope, I ignore all your links because they come from batshit crazy Homophobic sites.

30 States. Suck it, Hater!!!
The CDC and Mayo Clinic are "batshit crazy Homophobic" institutions?

What does the CDC say about preventing AIDS?

The CDC says that men(and all sexually active persons) should:
a) practice safe sex
b) practice monogamy
c) get tested- and if positive get treated.

And the CDC says that stigmatizing homosexuality increases AIDS transmissions because fewer people get tested.

The Mayo Clinic hasn't taken any position on it. You just once again are misquoting.

I certainly wish that the arm of the CDC responsible for protecting the public's health from the spread of HIV would at least be obsessed with the etiology of homosexuality. You know, so they can actually make a plan that will reduce the new [since 2006 ish] increasing numbers of HIV in kids ages 13-24..... instead of relying on the mentally ill to do it for them...

But you consider the homosexual population mentally ill simply because they are homosexual. If you want to classify those who engage in extremely risky behavior as mentally ill, I might agree. But this wholesale determination that all gays are mentally ill is nonsense.

And there is no cure for being gay.

The CDC itself has found that this mental illness...instability...call it what you like is a "pervasive" "epidemic" at least among the gay male population. Note the parts in bold. But also read the whole thing for the laundry list of mental problems in gays. It isn't just me saying it. You should know by now that if I state something concrete, I've already done my homework...

ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

IF you were "presenting your homework", you would quote more of what Ronald Stall said rather than that 1-line quote from him you've been focusing on and mis-representing.:

It Gets Better Because We Grow Stronger An Interview With Leading Gay Men s Health Expert Dr. Ron Stall Jim Pickett

The term "syndemics" describes interacting and intertwining epidemics, or synergistic epidemics.
<snip>
RON: Once you buy the idea that syndemics exist among gay men, the next question would be why is that so? We think that a very important piece to this puzzle is that gay men not only suffer far greater rates of violence victimization as adolescents, but that nearly all young gay men watch schoolmates being publicly victimized for having the same sexual orientation that they do. This sets gay men up early on to have a sense of being different, of being less than, of not being deserving, of being alone -- in short, for internalized homophobia at a very early age. And these experiences predispose young gay men to be more depressed, to have greater substance abuse profiles at a very early age, to have higher rates of having sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs and to suffer greater rates of violence victimization, each of which raise HIV risk profiles among young MSM. Dr. Mark Friedman in our group published an analysis to show the associations between the experience of violence victimization and bullying during adolescence and poorer health profiles -- including HIV seropositivity -- among adult gay men. We are conducting additional analyses from a separate cohort study to measure how the experiences of violence victimization at a young age predict syndemic production among middle-aged gay men.

Ronald Stall quite clearly blames the homophobia and discrimination gay men face as being a primary cause of depression and resulting substance abuse, both increasing their HIV risk profiles. Worse, you are knowingly misrepresenting this quote form Ron Stall despite having been given this information that further explained what he meant over a year ago.

Gay Marriage HIV Why Everyone s Spouse May Lose Health Insurance Coverage - Page 23 politics

I am a man. Men are pigs. Two men are 16 times the pigs. There really is nothing anyone can say past that.

Mark

The CDC and Mayo Clinic are "batshit crazy Homophobic" institutions?

What does the CDC say about preventing AIDS?.
Interestingly Silhouette was all about bashing the CDC and questioning their expertise when they weren't subscribing to the same apocalyptic view of Ebola he had latched on to, since Silhouette had experience as a farm hand he knew better.

Now suddenly CDC is a great source for Silhouette to try to lean on in an appeal to authority with cherry picked quotes and views.

Like type 2 diabetes, aids is a self inflicted disease. We need to tell the perverts to use condoms and stop wasting taxpayer dollars searching for a cure.
Hell, we have had condom campaigns for decades.

That sure doesn't work for gays, or for "studs" who rate their worth by the number of "baby mommas" they knock up.

Forum List

Back