Clear sign Dems lost last night

jimnyc said:
Do I need to remind you that even impartial, and liberal, media that performed recounts ALL showed that Bush won. Do you just swallow everything you read and fall for hit hook, line and sinker? How sad it must be...

It's not the count that is the issue, it is the manipulations to prevent democrats from voting that went on that is the issue.

wade said:
It's not the count that is the issue, it is the manipulations to prevent democrats from voting that went on that is the issue.

you mean the alleged manipulations i assume unless you can back up this statement with some proof !

dilloduck said:
you mean the alleged manipulations i assume unless you can back up this statement with some proof !

Something like 4000 black voters who were prevented from voting by unscrupulous tactics in Florida. The arrainging for a lack of lighting in polling places in predominantly elderly districts, and poll officials limiting the time to vote in these same polling places. Huge numbers of "double vote" ballots being invalidated.

wade said:
Something like 4000 black voters who were prevented from voting by unscrupulous tactics in Florida. The arrainging for a lack of lighting in polling places in predominantly elderly districts, and poll officials limiting the time to vote in these same polling places. Huge numbers of "double vote" ballots being invalidated.

Your still takling about alleged improprieties--no proof that republicans purposely "arranged" anything !

I believe the Republicans manipulated the last election and they are likely to try to do so again. That opinion does not require "proof".

wade said:
I believe the Republicans manipulated the last election and they are likely to try to do so again. That opinion does not require "proof".

I believe the Democrats attempted to manipulate the 2000 elections and will do so again in 2004. Sad isn't it.

wade said:

That's correct, stupidity does not require proof. Your posts are enough!

InfitiasFatalis said:
To your first point: Yes this is what i was saying Gore should have recounted all voters not just the ones he thought would help him.

And the second: This would not be neccessary to "steal" the election
The fact is gore won if you go by who had the most votes over all and bush won if you go by electoral college(which is what we do, and what the supreme court says, and i agree with that), as i said it was an ugly election with no good choice for a candidate.....a trend that continues to today

This is not necessarily true. You see the popular vote was never counted. There were more than enough military ballots in california alone that werent counted to easily give President Bush the popular vote as well. Those ballots didnt matter though because they wouldnt have changed which way california went. We go by the Electorial College and Thank God we do or Gore would have had recounts in every state in the nation looking for more votes.

wade said:

Hello?!? its illegal for convicted felons and dead people to vote. Just cause they were going to vote Democrat doesnt somehow validate their votes.

wade said:
Well, you need more than just "I believe" for an argument to stand up. Unless you have some kind of credible proof that this took place, that is all it is, a "belief".

Republicans can easily claim the same thing regarding the democrats, yet say they failed in their attempt to manipulate the election in Gore's favor.

According to the polls, Florida does not look like a state that feels as though they were manipulated by anybody. Bush has a lead in Florida and you would assume this not to be the case if they felt he manipulated them last time around.

The only truth to the 2000 election is it was a very close election that came down to the wire and the democrats are just bitter that their guy did not come out on top.

ChrisH said:
Well, you need more than just "I believe" for an argument to stand up. Unless you have some kind of credible proof that this took place, that is all it is, a "belief".

I would add to that that if he doesnt have any sort of credible evidence then he is just deluding himself. If there is no credible evidence to point to than on what basis does one base their opinion? If your opinion is based off no evidence why should we listen? Fact is Wade is lying to himself and knows it.

Forum List

Back