Clean Energy Corps

Niles

Rookie
Mar 30, 2007
I’m passionate that the best way to bring the changes we need in the economy and the environment is by creating local jobs to improve our infrastructure to lessen the impact on the environment. I feel really inspired after reading the book Thinking Big, especially the essay called An Inclusive Green Economy by Van Jones and Jason Walsh. They took the idea of green collar jobs farther and suggest a Clean Energy Corps be created that is a combined service, training, and job creation effort, concentrated in cities and struggling suburban and rural communities. Basically the idea is that price and the market are too slow to base the shift to a green economy on, which I totally agree with, and we should have a governing body put into place that coordinates green collar efforts to maximize efficiency and opportunity creation for Americans. What's even cooler is to go on the new white house website and see that Obama references the same thing: "The Obama-Biden comprehensive New Energy for America plan will help create five million new jobs by strategically investing $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future."

I’m passionate that the best way to bring the changes we need in the economy and the environment is by creating local jobs to improve our infrastructure to lessen the impact on the environment. I feel really inspired after reading the book Thinking Big, especially the essay called An Inclusive Green Economy by Van Jones and Jason Walsh. They took the idea of green collar jobs farther and suggest a Clean Energy Corps be created that is a combined service, training, and job creation effort, concentrated in cities and struggling suburban and rural communities. Basically the idea is that price and the market are too slow to base the shift to a green economy on, which I totally agree with, and we should have a governing body put into place that coordinates green collar efforts to maximize efficiency and opportunity creation for Americans. What's even cooler is to go on the new white house website and see that Obama references the same thing: "The Obama-Biden comprehensive New Energy for America plan will help create five million new jobs by strategically investing $150 billion over the next ten years to catalyze private efforts to build a clean energy future."

we should have a governing body---
No, thank you

we should have a governing body---
No, thank you

That's all right. We can do it.

We need a Manhatten Project for American energy independence.

We need to switch to electric cars and natural gas trucks.

We need to develop wind power, solar power, and conservation.

Our dependence on foreign oil is our biggest national security problem.

It is a much bigger problem than 50 guys in a cave in Pakistan.

We need a Manhatten Project for American energy independence.

We need to switch to electric cars and natural gas trucks.

We need to develop wind power, solar power, and conservation.

Our dependence on foreign oil is our biggest national security problem.

It is a much bigger problem than 50 guys in a cave in Pakistan.

Chris, we already have electric trucks for urban transport;

Green Car Congress: TNT Orders Another 100 Newton Electric Trucks

New Topics

Forum List

Back