Clean Coal?

One more time President Trump has no clue on another subject. How can anyone be as uninformed as he has proved himself to be?

Clearing Up the Facts Behind Trump’s 'Clean Coal' Catchphrase - FactCheck.org

But “clean coal” refers to technologies deployed at power plants that make coal cleaner to burn, not to the fuel itself. Modern definitions require cuts in carbon dioxide emissions, and the only way to do that in a substantial way is through carbon capture.

Only morons think CO2 makes a fuel dirty.

Well, we agree. Trump is a moron (try reading the link).

(try reading the link).

I excerpted the link.

That's why I said only morons think CO2 makes coal dirty. Do you think CO2 = dirty?

Western US coal is low sulfur. As opposed to high sulfur, dirty coal from the eastern US.
The clean coal that Clinton put off limits, in exchange for campaign contributions from the Riady family.

From the link:

Trump, United Nations speech, Sept. 25: We have become the largest energy producer anywhere on the face of the Earth. The United States stands ready to export our abundant, affordable supply of oil, clean coal, and natural gas.

Trump, aboard Air Force One, Sept. 7: No administration has done what I’ve done. I just left Montana, and I looked at those trains and they’re loaded up with clean coal — beautiful clean coal. And those trains were empty two years ago. They were empty; they were dying. Nobody’s done what I’ve done.

Trump has no idea, no clue and is unable to learn.

Low sulfur coal is clean coal.

Clean coal doesn't exist. Higher sulfur just makes it worse.

What about all the mercury, lead, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulates, and various other heavy metals, some.of which are radioactive?

We have wonderful scrubbing technology.
Expensive scrubbing technology that still doesn't get it all.
Bull SHIT!

I lived and worked at CMDS... Your an outright liar! Current power plants have excellent safety and release records.. Very few incidents as a 1% failure will close a power plant...
I'm guessing that's a coal plant.

That's one. What about the rest?
You should know more about the topic before you show yourself a duped left wing extremist who is ignorant of the laws and regulations...

THE EPA regulates power plant output.. They also set guidelines for what shuts them down.. Get a clue!
Lol, "clean coal" is a myth. Emmisions are lower than they were in the 1970s but far from zero. Hundreds of people a year die from.the air pollution associated with coal.plants. that's not even counting the coal ash spills that happen regularly. Yes there are epa regs (less now) but the coal lobby fights the regs and the implementation of them. Many plants still haven't installed the pollution controls mandated by the EPA.

The age of grotesque consumption of so called fossil fuels, and the irresponsible experiment in nuclear catastrophe, is only excusable in the context of advancing to an age of renewables. The longer we continue to wander in the filth of present power production, the longer we poison and embarrass ourselves.

renewables is/are a big market 4eyeM, i've been getting in on it on my patch of dirt & could probably opinine like a windbag (pun intended) here.....

~S~

The shear ignorance about the technology is apparent by the fools who continue to aim the gun at both of their feet... fucking idiots..

And WITHOUT one piece of evidence that CO2 is a pollutant.. We will all die if the extremist left wing fucktards get their way...

‘“Today, no one really thinks of coal cleaning as a significant clean coal technology,” said Rubin.

According to the Energy Information Administration, less than 20 percent of U.S. coal is washed, usually higher-sulfur coal in the East, and cleaning does not change coal’s carbon dioxide emissions.’ ibid

Trump’s dishonesty and incessant lying make it impossible to determine if this is just another example of Trump’s comprehensive ignorance of most everything, or if he's knowingly propagating coal industry lies.

Regardless, the burning of coal contributes to climate change, whatever ‘technology’ might be applied to the burning of coal to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

Regardless, the burning of coal contributes to climate change, whatever ‘technology’ might be applied to the burning of coal to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
And once again a clueless moron who has no empirical evidence to support his BS...

0511-0809-0914-2137_Man_Shooting_Himself_in_the_Foot_Clip_Art_clipart_image.jpg

‘“Today, no one really thinks of coal cleaning as a significant clean coal technology,” said Rubin.

According to the Energy Information Administration, less than 20 percent of U.S. coal is washed, usually higher-sulfur coal in the East, and cleaning does not change coal’s carbon dioxide emissions.’ ibid

Trump’s dishonesty and incessant lying make it impossible to determine if this is just another example of Trump’s comprehensive ignorance of most everything, or if he's knowingly propagating coal industry lies.

:laugh:

That’s got to be dumbest thing I’ve read today. lol

One more time President Trump has no clue on another subject. How can anyone be as uninformed as he has proved himself to be?

But “clean coal” refers to technologies deployed at power plants that make coal cleaner to burn, not to the fuel itself. Modern definitions require cuts in carbon dioxide emissions, and the only way to do that in a substantial way is through carbon capture.

What about all the mercury, lead, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulates, and various other heavy metals, some.of which are radioactive?

All of which make 'clean coal' very expensive. Both solar and wind are now less expensive per kw/hr produced that even dirty coal, so why mine coal at all? Time to shut all the coal mines down, period.

Expensive scrubbing technology that still doesn't get it all.
Bull SHIT!

I lived and worked at CMDS... Your an outright liar! Current power plants have excellent safety and release records.. Very few incidents as a 1% failure will close a power plant...
And all that wonderful fly ash in the water after Florence hit the Carolina's. Shut all the coal plants down, we don't need them.

All of which make 'clean coal' very expensive. Both solar and wind are now less expensive per kw/hr produced that even dirty coal, so why mine coal at all? Time to shut all the coal mines down, period.

All of which make 'clean coal' very expensive.

Yup.

Both solar and wind are now less expensive per kw/hr produced that even dirty coal, so why mine coal at all?

Because when you eliminate baseline load, the lie in your claim becomes impossible to deny.

Off topic, are you defending Trump's ignorance, or posting you own agenda? Coal is dirty, slurry ponds ring a bell todd?

Modern definitions require cuts in carbon dioxide emissions, and the only way to do that in a substantial way is through carbon capture.
Total bullshit.

CO2 is not an emission.

The article is fake news.

Well, we agree. Trump is a moron (try reading the link).

(try reading the link).

I excerpted the link.

That's why I said only morons think CO2 makes coal dirty. Do you think CO2 = dirty?

Western US coal is low sulfur. As opposed to high sulfur, dirty coal from the eastern US.
The clean coal that Clinton put off limits, in exchange for campaign contributions from the Riady family.

From the link:

Trump, United Nations speech, Sept. 25: We have become the largest energy producer anywhere on the face of the Earth. The United States stands ready to export our abundant, affordable supply of oil, clean coal, and natural gas.

Trump, aboard Air Force One, Sept. 7: No administration has done what I’ve done. I just left Montana, and I looked at those trains and they’re loaded up with clean coal — beautiful clean coal. And those trains were empty two years ago. They were empty; they were dying. Nobody’s done what I’ve done.

Trump has no idea, no clue and is unable to learn.

But winning.......not bad for a clueless guy!!:113:. The guy singlehandedly decimated the Paris Treaty which was a no-brainer.:2up:

Forum List

Back