Clean Coal??

Uhh.. I have ex in-laws that have been a family of coal miners, foremen, and engineers in the business... there are extensive are put into the cleanliness, and reclamation during and after the mining

You, sir (and I use that term very lightly in your case), love to simply spout off environazi talking points, without a clue as to what you are talking about

Same here. My father worked in the coal mines in western Ky, provided for the family and put my sister and I through school. After the mine was closed the land was reclaimed. I had a chance to visit that camp a few years ago and was amazed at how it was restored.

I appreciate your contribution to this post,
but that response went nowhere bro.
No less nowhere than your proposed "alternatives", sport.
Well sport, more of the same old will just give you the same ole' Keep the lobbyist's out of way so we can move on to better newer ways. Solar and wind are proven to be more than efficient.
If your "better and newer" ways were as economically sound and efficient as you claim, they wouldn't need scores of billions in handouts (and all the attendant *gaaaaaaasp* lobbyists) to keep them afloat.

BTW, you haven't perchance heard about the Solyndra bankruptcy scandal, have you?

No less nowhere than your proposed "alternatives", sport.
Well sport, more of the same old will just give you the same ole' Keep the lobbyist's out of way so we can move on to better newer ways. Solar and wind are proven to be more than efficient.
If your "better and newer" ways were as economically sound and efficient as you claim, they wouldn't need scores of billions in handouts (and all the attendant *gaaaaaaasp* lobbyists) to keep them afloat.

BTW, you haven't perchance heard about the Solyndra bankruptcy scandal, have you?
Yes I have heard about the Soylndra scandal, and I didn't forget the Enron scandal either, and that didn't convince anybody to end the use of natural gas.

Uhh.. I have ex in-laws that have been a family of coal miners, foremen, and engineers in the business... there are extensive are put into the cleanliness, and reclamation during and after the mining

You, sir (and I use that term very lightly in your case), love to simply spout off environazi talking points, without a clue as to what you are talking about
Is this your opinion,
or a fact?

Fact, moron...

Else I would have said I 'think' or I 'believe' that coal mining cleans or reclaims..

The facts are there in law and in results that show the efforts put toward this by the mining industry

Still waiting for all those documented deaths we have from all the 'fallout' and those nuke accidents we have here....

Quit while you are behind

Is this your opinion,
or a fact?

Fact, moron...

Else I would have said I 'think' or I 'believe' that coal mining cleans or reclaims..

The facts are there in law and in results that show the efforts put toward this by the mining industry

Still waiting for all those documented deaths we have from all the 'fallout' and those nuke accidents we have here....

You already lost with your childish attitude. Come back when you are all grown up.

Is this your opinion,
or a fact?

Fact, moron...

You already lost with your childish attitude. Come back when you are all grown up.

You already lost with your posting of assumptions and talking points as 'fact'... you claimed all these deaths or disasters from 'fallout' from the nuke industry here... put up or shut up..

I tell my kids, that are probably close to your age, to shut the fuck up when they try and state their assumptions as fact like you try to do... I have no more 'growing up' to do.. I have to worry more about losing height and hair now than I have to worry about any growing

Last edited:
Fact, moron...

You already lost with your posting of assumptions and talking points as 'fact'... you claimed all these deaths or disasters from 'fallout' from the nuke industry here... put up or shut up..

I tell my kids, that are probably close to your age, to shut the fuck up when they try and state their assumptions as fact like you try to do... I have no more 'growing up' to do.. I have to worry more about losing height and hair now than I have to worry about any growing
These are historical facts DiamondDave, and you are as foolish as they come, so if you can not provide a scientific conclusion
that measures safe levels of coal burning pollution, then it appears you are riding on assumptions and opinion, and behaving like a jackass is not going to support any half assed
data you have yet to offer. DOODY HEAD!!

Last edited:

Is this your opinion,
or a fact?

Fact, moron...

You are nothing but a pathetic liar and I have no tolerance for adult liars, so like I said; come back when you're all grown up!!:eek:

There has been a lot of support for the burning of coal of late, and the insistence that it is economically and environmentally sound.

As a matter of fact there is no clean method of burning coal and the GOP is crying "foul"
for tighter restrictions on coal burning plants.

I am wondering something; How much would a littering ticket set you back in your county, and
is throwing a bubble gum wrapper out the window of a moving vehicle as detrimental
to our ecology as the burning of coal?

I hear a lot from the GOP side that coal burning is "no problem," but where are the stats. that
enforce this belief and is mountain top removal and burning this earthen material a sound
investment into our future?

Sorry dude, were very dependant on Coal right now, and trying to just Phase it out over night, when nothing exists that can replace it, That the Environmental Wackos would let us use(Nuclear) is only going to Ruin our Economy even more.

Clean Coal Tech is not perfect, but it is indeed MUCH CLEANER than before. Why knock it, were going to be using coal for sometime to come anyways, Might as well be as clean as it can be.

Is this your opinion,
or a fact?

Fact, moron...

You are nothing but a pathetic liar and I have no tolerance for adult liars, so like I said; come back when you're all grown up!!:eek:

Hurry back when you have proof of all those deaths here do to Nuclear accidents ok?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4onAQBWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY - YouTube[/ame]

There has been a lot of support for the burning of coal of late, and the insistence that it is economically and environmentally sound.

As a matter of fact there is no clean method of burning coal and the GOP is crying "foul"
for tighter restrictions on coal burning plants.

I am wondering something; How much would a littering ticket set you back in your county, and
is throwing a bubble gum wrapper out the window of a moving vehicle as detrimental
to our ecology as the burning of coal?

I hear a lot from the GOP side that coal burning is "no problem," but where are the stats. that
enforce this belief and is mountain top removal and burning this earthen material a sound
investment into our future?

Coal is a fossil fuel composed primarily of carbons and hydrocarbons. Its ingredients help make plastics, tar and fertilizers. A coal derivative, a solidified carbon called coke, melts iron ore and reduces it to create steel. But most coal -- 92 percent of the U.S. supply -- goes into power production [source: Energy Information Administration]. Electric companies and businesses with power plants burn coal to make the steam that turns turbines and generates electricity.

When coal burns, it releases carbon dioxide and other emissions in flue gas, the billowing clouds you see pouring out of smoke stacks. Some clean coal technologies purify the coal before it burns. One type of coal preparation, coal washing, removes unwanted minerals by mixing crushed coal with a liquid and allowing the impurities to separate and settle.
Other systems control the coal burn to minimize emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides and particulates. Wet scrubbers, or flue gas desulfurization systems, remove sulfur dioxide, a major cause of acid rain, by spraying flue gas with limestone and water. The mixture reacts with the sulfur dioxide to form synthetic gypsum, a component of drywall.

Low-NOx (nitrogen oxide) burners reduce the creation of nitrogen oxides, a cause of ground-level ozone, by restricting oxygen and manipulating the combustion process. Electrostatic precipitators remove particulates that aggravate asthma and cause respiratory ailments by charging particles with an electrical field and then capturing them on collection plates.

**Gasification avoids burning coal altogether. With integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) systems, steam and hot pressurized air or oxygen combine with coal in a reaction that forces carbon molecules apart. The resulting syngas, a mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen, is then cleaned and burned in a gas turbine to make electricity. The heat energy from the gas turbine also powers a steam turbine. Since IGCC power plants create two forms of energy, they have the potential to reach a fuel efficiency of 50 percent [source: *U.S. Department of Energy]. *

HowStuffWorks "What is clean coal technology?"

Carbon capture and storage -- perhaps the most promising clean coal technology -- catches and sequesters carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from stationary sources like power plants. Since CO2 contributes to global warming, reducing its release into the atmosphere has become a major international concern. In order to discover the most efficient and economical means of carbon capture, researchers have developed several technologies.

Flue-gas separation removes CO2 with a solvent, strips off the CO2 with steam, and condenses the steam into a concentrated stream. Flue gas separation renders commercially usable CO2, which helps offset its price. Another process, oxy-fuel combustion, burns the fuel in pure or enriched oxygen to create a flue gas composed primarily of CO2 and water -- this *sidesteps the energy-intensive process of separating the CO2 from other flue gasses. A third technology, pre-combustion capture, removes the CO2 before it's burned as a part of a gasification process.

After capture, secure containers sequester the collected CO2 to prevent or stall its reentry into the atmosphere. The two storage options, geologic and oceanic, must contain the CO2 until peak emissions subside hundreds of years from now. Geologic storage involves injecting CO2 into the earth. Depleted oil or gas fields and deep saline aquifers safely contain CO2 while unminable coal seams absorb it. A process called enhanced oil recovery already uses CO2 to maintain pressure and improve extraction in oil reservoirs.

Ocean storage, a technology still in its early stages, involves injecting liquid CO2 into waters 500 to 3,000 meters deep, where it dissolves under pressure. However, this method would slightly decrease pH and potentially harm marine habitats. All forms of CO2 storage require careful preparation and monitoring to avoid creating environmental problems that outweigh the benefits of CO2 containment.

HowStuffWorks "Clean Coal Emissions"

The unfortunate fact is that extraction and conversion, is an environmental catastrophe, and if anyone has doubts........ask the locals.

I am a local and an extractor.

There is no problems living in coal mining communities. We reclaim the mountain when we are done. Most of the time turning into useful land that people can build houses or factories on when before is was a steep face of a mountian.
Nice try!!

What do you mean nice try?

I am giving you first hand anecdotal evidence and all you can say is nice try.

You have never been to a reclaimed mine site or an active mining operation have you?

I am willing to bet that the only thing you have seen are videos from enviromentalists like I love mountains or earth justice. They have an agenda too. They only present the evidence that supports their opinion.

Come here and see it first hand. Talk to the people and see how much they love coal and the living we can make from it.

Forum List

Back