Classic SUVs

I like the Scout, the Bronco is nice, when I was a kid my dad had a K-5 Blazer, I learned to drive in a '67 Toyota Land Cruiser w/ 3 on the tree...

I really liked the Land Cruiser. I hope to by another eventually, preferably one of the pickup versions. Currently I drive a 2007 FJ Cruiser, bought it in '06.

Some are or have become collectors items so if you own one ya might want to keep it in top condition or consider restoring it.

Eight classic SUVs with fastest-growing values

If I can do it I might just pick up an old Bronco II......... They's still not too expensive.
Wagoners have been climbing in value for the last few years
A golden eagle is extra sweet
I'd love to get a 93 - 99 Land Rover Discovery but they're rare in this country and already almost 3 figures........ Oops, the Defender not the Discovery, my bad.

482d95a9358d455da773a12810d6b928.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit, now I want another XJ Cherokee.

1996 2-door, 4 cylinder, 5-speed, base model with only A/C, tilt column, cruise control, tinted glass, full gauges, and rear limited slip.

Dammit, now I want another XJ Cherokee.

1996 2-door, 4 cylinder, 5-speed, base model with only A/C, tilt column, cruise control, tinted glass, full gauges, and rear limited slip.

I'd love a 2-door manual too. Only I would want the 4.0 liter 6 instead.

Some are or have become collectors items so if you own one ya might want to keep it in top condition or consider restoring it.

Eight classic SUVs with fastest-growing values

If I can do it I might just pick up an old Bronco II......... They's still not too expensive.
Wagoners have been climbing in value for the last few years
A golden eagle is extra sweet
I'd love to get a 93 - 99 Land Rover Discovery but they're rare in this country and already almost 3 figures........ Oops, the Defender not the Discovery, my bad.

482d95a9358d455da773a12810d6b928.jpg

I considered buying a used Land Rover D90 like the one above in 2003 when I was looking for another vehicle. LR had already stopped importing them years earlier as they didn't meet DOT/EPA regulations in the U.S. They became WAY overpriced, so I bought a new 2003 TJ Wrangler, which I still have. I believe it to be the last "real Jeep".

That being said, I love all the older, original SUV's like the CJ, Bronco, K-5, Scout, etc. I think there is still a market for a simple basic 4WD vehicle, but the manufacturers don't and instead build large, complicated rolling IT platforms.

Forum List

Back