Classic films from TV and cinema.

I

Indofred

I was looking around in youtube when I found a few old classic films.
Reach for the sky, dambusters and a few other classic war films when this one popped up as a suggestion.
I saw it many years ago on TV but had totally forgotten about it. Dickens wrote a wonderful series of stories, many made into classic films. Next up has to be the early version of Scrooge (A Christmas carol).

What old films do you have in your collection and/or what would you like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of the black and white films are close to forgotten.
What a pity

Camera Cucumber

YouTube is a great modern era resource, and you can access various iconic films and novel adaptations such as "Treasure Island" (Robert Louis Stevenson). Finally, we see a confluence of art and pedestrianism. Maybe this trend was canonized by film avatars such as Count Orlok (Nosferatu), the fictional eerie vampire from F.W. Murnau's method-acting trophy film, and Michael Myers, the fictional eerie masked serial killer from the popular Halloween American horror film franchise.

These avatars invite audiences to comment on the accessibility of strange emotions on film and make us feel less 'guilty' about finding random treasures on pedestrian highways such as YouTube.

Some of my personal classic and modern classic favourites (which you might find on YouTube) are as follows:

1. "Ed Wood" (Tim Burton)
2. "Misery" (Rob Reiner)
3. "The Tramp" (Charlie Chaplin)
4. "Celebrity" (Woody Allen)
5. "The War of the Worlds" (Byron Haskin)

:afro:

Nosferatu: The Video Game

Schreck.jpg

Last edited:
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir is one of my favorites.
I love that film also, Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney.

I'm a huge film fan, I have about 600 DVDs now. I like 1940s Film Noir, American and English, I like 1930s films, I also like German-Expressionistic films and Art House.

My two favourite films are "Brighton Rock" 1947 with Richard Attenborough, and "Double Indemnity" 1944 with Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck and Edward G. Robinson.

F. W. Murnau was such a talented director.

"Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror".

This is still one of the scariest films I've ever watched.

Max Schreck as Count Orlok is just beyond creepy.

I've been sick all weekend, so I watched a lot of movies, I watched on the waterfront with Marlon Brando, it was pretty good.

I watched a Movie from the 1970's called Deer Hunter, it dragged on way too long the first 40 minutes but then it got good, Wow what a good looking woman Meryl Streep was, she has angel like features. Robert De Niro so sexy. Sad movie though.

I've been sick all weekend, so I watched a lot of movies, I watched on the waterfront with Marlon Brando, it was pretty good.

I watched a Movie from the 1970's called Deer Hunter, it dragged on way too long the first 40 minutes but then it got good, Wow what a good looking woman Meryl Streep was, she has angel like features. Robert De Niro so sexy. Sad movie though.
I've been sick myself, I had the flu, which is why I'm only just responding.

'On The Waterfront' and 'The Deer Hunter' are both good films....yes Robert De Niro very sexy, the younger Meryl Streep was angelic looking. She's still an incredible actress.

I watched 'Mr. Smith Goes To Washington' the other day, James Stewart.

'On The Waterfront' and 'The Deer Hunter' are both good films....yes Robert De Niro very sexy, the younger Meryl Streep was angelic looking. She's still an incredible actress.

I love watching old movies.

I think people would be amazed if they started watching old old films. Some of the movies from the 20s and 30s are masterpieces.

There are many versions of A Christmas Carol, I have three or four of them, the oldest is the one from about 1936. They stick more closely to Dickens original story for most of it.

Whenever I'm watching these movies though I always think, all these people are dead! Only for a moment though.

I hadn't ever seen The Longest Day until about 20 years ago and it was like WOW, great movie.

I think people would be amazed if they started watching old old films. Some of the movies from the 20s and 30s are masterpieces.

There are many versions of A Christmas Carol, I have three or four of them, the oldest is the one from about 1936. They stick more closely to Dickens original story for most of it.

Whenever I'm watching these movies though I always think, all these people are dead! Only for a moment though.

I hadn't ever seen The Longest Day until about 20 years ago and it was like WOW, great movie.

I like the turner classic channel, when I can't sleep at night I watch old movies.

I like the turner classic channel, when I can't sleep at night I watch old movies.

This time of year nothing better than Its A Wonderful Life late at night.

I love watching old movies.

Yes they're so full of charm and atmosphere and a sophistication that sadly has been lost today.

I watched 'Twentieth Century' yesterday afternoon, 1934 with John Barrymore and Carole Lombard. Marvellous stuff.

'The Bride of Frankenstein' from 1935 with Boris Karloff and Elsa Lanchester is a work of genius, if you haven't watched it, I recommend it.

Also 'Pandora's Box', 'Die Büchse der Pandora' from 1929 with Louise Brooks, Fritz Kortner and Franz Lederer, directed by the great G.W. Pabst and 'Faust' from 1926 directed by F.W. Murnau are I think, two of the greatest silent films ever made.

'The Bride of Frankenstein' from 1935 with Boris Karloff and Elsa Lanchester is a work of genius, if you haven't watched it, I recommend it.

Also 'Pandora's Box', 'Die Büchse der Pandora' from 1929 with Louise Brooks, Fritz Kortner and Franz Lederer, directed by the great G.W. Pabst and 'Faust' from 1926 directed by F.W. Murnau are I think, two of the greatest silent films ever made.

Another good film is 'The Day of The Jackal' from 1973 with Edward Fox, directed by Fred Zinnemann:

The Day of the Jackal (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another good film is 'The Day of The Jackal' from 1973 with Edward Fox, directed by Fred Zinnemann:

The Day of the Jackal (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I watched 'The Two Mrs. Carrolls' yesterday. 1947 with Barbara Stanwyck, Humphrey Bogart and Alexis Smith, an excellent psychological thriller, very atmospheric:

The Two Mrs. Carrolls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reach for the sky, dambusters and a few other classic war films when this one popped up as a suggestion.
I saw it many years ago on TV but had totally forgotten about it. Dickens wrote a wonderful series of stories, many made into classic films. Next up has to be the early version of Scrooge (A Christmas carol).

I watched "Seven Days In May" the other night. 1964, Burt Lancaster, Frederic March, Edmond O'Brien, Kirk Douglas and Ava Gardner. Truly brilliant and one of my favourite films.

Seven Days in May - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Stalag 17" and "The Great Escape" are missing from my collection. Don't lend out movies any more. :)

Forum List

Back