Classic - Democrats Get Played On Debt Ceiling

Provocateur

Avoiding Lib Circle Derps
Jan 19, 2011
More than 100 House Democrats recently signed a letter demanding that Speaker John Boehner bring forward a vote for an increase in federal debt levels without any conditions for cuts or future spending curbs. Imagine their surprise when Boehner agreed and will serve up a bill that would provide enough borrowing to cover all of president Obama’s spending requests for next year without any preconditions.

The legislation will go down to a bipartisan trouncing. Even many of those Democrats who were seeking such a “clean” vote will now oppose the plan on the grounds that it was not offered sincerely. One Democratic communicator described the vote to Power Play as “cheap theatrics” worthy of the cast of “Jersey Shore.”

Read more: Debt Drama in House Today - FoxNews.com

:lol:

:clap2:

Geez, it was my mother that taught me at a very early age to be careful what you ask for. I guess 100 members of the house never learned that lesson.

Geez, it was my mother that taught me at a very early age to be careful what you ask for. I guess 100 members of the house never learned that lesson.

Yes they got what they asked for:

FAILS 97-318

:clap2:

They wanted an clean up or down vote, they got one.

As soon as Boehner agreed to it, they started to backpedal and say it was an evil trick that the Rs accepted their request.

I'd be interested to know who the 100 were that signed, because they didn't even get 100 votes tonight.

ETA: Actually 114 demanded the vote. I wonder how they are doing?

Last edited:
Then there is the non-Fox spin on the story:

Republican leaders thickened the political plot by calling for a vote Tuesday on a "clean" bill without deficit cutting measures to raise the ceiling by 2.4 trillion dollars -- which is certain to fail because they oppose it.

However, the symbolic vote will allow Republicans to argue that Americans want steep cuts -- and give their members cover to argue to their ultra-conservative base that any eventual vote to lift the ceiling secured slashing budget cuts.

Steny Hoyer, the number two House Democrat, meanwhile advised his caucus to vote against the Republican bill, saying that failure to do so could expose them to "demagoguery" in the looming 2012 campaign season.

Political theater clouds US debt ceiling vote - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON — House Republicans dealt defeat to their own proposal for a $2.4 trillion increase in the nation's debt limit Tuesday, a political gambit designed to reinforce a demand for spending cuts to accompany any increase in government borrowing. - House Debt Limit Vote: Republicans Vote Against Raising Debt Ceiling

Games, the GOP has nothing but games to play while 'Rome Burns' :(:(:(

WASHINGTON — House Republicans dealt defeat to their own proposal for a $2.4 trillion increase in the nation's debt limit Tuesday, a political gambit designed to reinforce a demand for spending cuts to accompany any increase in government borrowing. - House Debt Limit Vote: Republicans Vote Against Raising Debt Ceiling

Games, the GOP has nothing but games to play while 'Rome Burns' :(:(:(

They shouldn't have demanded a vote, especially one in which 82 of their own members were opposed.

Too bad.

Then there is the non-Fox spin on the story:

Republican leaders thickened the political plot by calling for a vote Tuesday on a "clean" bill without deficit cutting measures to raise the ceiling by 2.4 trillion dollars -- which is certain to fail because they oppose it.

However, the symbolic vote will allow Republicans to argue that Americans want steep cuts -- and give their members cover to argue to their ultra-conservative base that any eventual vote to lift the ceiling secured slashing budget cuts.

Steny Hoyer, the number two House Democrat, meanwhile advised his caucus to vote against the Republican bill, saying that failure to do so could expose them to "demagoguery" in the looming 2012 campaign season.

Political theater clouds US debt ceiling vote - Yahoo! News
Yep, that is what the 114 Dems sent the letter asking Boeher to do. And it's his fault he did it?

The House leadership puts up a bill and intend to vote it down?

Games, pathetic games.

too bad they waste more time playing games than solving issues

Once again, and I know you aren't this stupid, the DEMOCRATS sent a letter to Boehner. He read it. He agreed to do as they asked. Clean up or down vote with no stipulations on spending.

They got what they asked for. How is that game playing, unless you mean on the part of the libs, because they didn't really think he would do it?

I have a feeling you have read what some libs have said about this. They know this was a huge miscalculation. Some that singed the letter are now saying it wasn't "Sincere".

So if liberals are saying the letter wasn't "Sincere", then who is playing games?

A sad day for Democrats.

Games, pathetic games.

Once again, and I know you aren't this stupid, the DEMOCRATS sent a letter to Boehner. He read it. He agreed to do as they asked. Clean up or down vote with no stipulations on spending.

They got what they asked for. How is that game playing, unless you mean on the part of the libs, because they didn't really think he would do it?

I have a feeling you have read what some libs have said about this. They know this was a huge miscalculation. Some that singed the letter are now saying it wasn't "Sincere".

So if liberals are saying the letter wasn't "Sincere", then who is playing games?

A sad day for Democrats.

Scheduling a vote this way is a waste of time and a game.

end of story

Games, pathetic games.

A sad day for Democrats.

Scheduling a vote this way is a waste of time and a game.

end of story

They didn't want anyone to say that they never did what the Dems asked. :lol:

Stupid they would send a letter signed by 114 of their members and push the issue. Insist upon it.

By the way, I'm sure you said the same thing about Reid putting up Ryan's budget bill, right? You chastised him for putting up a bill he knew wouldn't pass? Or are you just a partisan hack?

Last edited:
and the dopey OP keeps interchanging the terms 'liberal' and 'democrat'

liberals do not have a vote. only parties do

I don't know any moderate Democrats. They no longer exist.

Hush yourself now.

and the dopey OP keeps interchanging the terms 'liberal' and 'democrat'

liberals do not have a vote. only parties do

I don't know any moderate Democrats. They no longer exist.

Hush yourself now.

:lol::lol::lol:

You mean there are no moderate or liberal Republicans anymore. Used to be more than a few. They got chased out. Many Republicans just changed labels.

DLC? get a life Bozo

Forum List

Back