Classic Black Artists.. and memories

You sure can't mention classic black artists without giving this guy top billing...

This one just makes me smile..I don't know why..

This man sure put out a lot of great music...video quality not so good though.:eusa_doh:

this...

whether times are good or bad...happy or sad,...

I recall as a mere tadpole watching Nat King Cole with Mom & Pop and really liking this song..

Hi, Lumpy.

Same here, my folk's record cabinet was filled with American music artists of African descent who were writing, composing and performing a lot of really beautiful music. My dad loved Louie and Nat.

Me, yeah I recognized and admired their talent, though my Motown music friends were writing and performing sounds that really made me smile and boogey, yet more importantly their music wanted me to learn about the human love they were constantly singing about.

This classic love song by Agent Double O Soul never fails to make me smile.

I recall as a mere tadpole watching Nat King Cole with Mom & Pop and really liking this song..

Hi, Lumpy.

Same here, my folk's record cabinet was filled with American music artists of African descent who were writing, composing and performing a lot of really beautiful music. My dad loved Louie and Nat.

Me, yeah I recognized and admired their talent, though my Motown music friends were writing and performing sounds that really made me smile and boogey, yet more importantly their music wanted me to learn about the human love they were constantly singing about.

Good Stuff..

I'm thinking the Black Artists covered pretty well every emotion, the good times to depressing sadness.

and Hello, welcome to the USMB, I'm hoping to see you around, share some laughs and who knows, some great discussions perhaps...:beer:

I'm thinking the Black Artists covered pretty well every emotion, the good times to depressing sadness.

I appreciate your warm welcome, Lumpy. Thanks.

Yeah, along with the joy and hope there was sadness. Though there wasn't much overt anger and hostility in the performances back then as there is today.

Something dreadful must have happened to the children and grandchildren of my peaceful Motown friends who composed mostly peaceful music about life and love, despite generations of being thought of as less than human by many of their American neighbors...which for some reason is how many of my Motown friend's children and grandchildren today characterize our moms, sisters, grandmas, daughters and aunts in their music performance lyrics, constantly referring to females as *itches and *hores.

Lumpy, I'm wondering who or what influenced many American rappers and hip hop performers to characterize women as less than human?

Hi, Lumpy.

Have you ever visited the Motown Museum? I strongly recommend it. A powerful, moving experience because of the historical context they give on the tour. They pointed out that before Motown, black kids and white kids never ever danced together -- part of the segregated society -- and how Motown put out music that everybody could dig, and in its part quietly broke those barriers down.

We started on that tour a disparate group of singles and couples, some white people here, some black people there, like anywhere else in a typical day where you walk around with those social 'barriers' of your own group. When we walked out at the end after that story all those social barriers were completely gone, everybody felt truly connected, there were no more "groups" and nobody had any color at all. Or if they did, it no longer mattered. A very spiritual moment.

I appreciate your warm welcome, Lumpy. Thanks.

Yeah, along with the joy and hope there was sadness. Though there wasn't much overt anger and hostility in the performances back then as there is today.

Something dreadful must have happened to the children and grandchildren of my peaceful Motown friends who composed mostly peaceful music about life and love, despite generations of being thought of as less than human by many of their American neighbors...which for some reason is how many of my Motown friend's children and grandchildren today characterize our moms, sisters, grandmas, daughters and aunts in their music performance lyrics, constantly referring to females as *itches and *hores.

Lumpy, I'm wondering who or what influenced many American rappers and hip hop performers to characterize women as less than human?

Well, I haven't studied up on that issue, I just listen to the classical music and enjoy. Certainly, lack of respect for women and others has nothing to do with class.

Welcome again and no problem, all signs point to us getting along well.

Have you ever visited the Motown Museum? I strongly recommend it.

Hi, Pogo.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I've never visited the Motown Museum, though I am sure it is a emotional experience for many who grew up loving this genre of American music.

#RestorePrideInParenting
#EndChildAbuseNeglect

Forum List

Back