Classes hope to teach children about gun safety

They used to shoot .22s at the Boys club. Not anymore, i guess.
Did they really? How old were the boys?

11 or so.
Wow! How things have changed! I was late to the party. When my son was about 4, all the kids had toy guns but not my son! I thought it was poor parenting. No guns for my little boy! Then I was watching him play outside with the other children. Everyone was shooting my poor son!

That did it. I went out to ToyRUs and bought him a friggin arsenal! I wanted to join him in battle, but my Bunco Group said "No Way!"

11 or so.
Wow! How things have changed! I was late to the party. When my son was about 4, all the kids had toy guns but not my son! I thought it was poor parenting. No guns for my little boy! Then I was watching him play outside with the other children. Everyone was shooting my poor son!

That did it. I went out to ToyRUs and bought him a friggin arsenal! I wanted to join him in battle, but my Bunco Group said "No Way!"

Do you live in California or something?

THEY DID !. When I was a kid. It was part of " gym" Archery too. Then the local cops would come in at half a year and teach us about pistol safety ( no shooting pistols there tho).
In "Industrial arts" we were building, shingling and wiring up lil closet sized bathrooms. Installed a small sink and crapper.The school auctioned them off for little kids as playhouses for materials the next class ( or hookers and blow). Hey they were WW2 vets teaching those classes and paddlin' asses !Corporal punishment. a beautiful thing.

11 or so.

Do you live in California or something?
No. I lived in Ohio. I took parenting very seriously...maybe too seriously. But we had enough toy guns and caps for the entire city after my shopping spree!

THEY DID !. When I was a kid. It was part of " gym" Archery too. Then the local cops would come in at half a year and teach us about pistol safety ( no shooting pistols there tho).
In "Industrial arts" we were building, shingling and wiring up lil closet sized bathrooms. Installed a small sink and crapper.The school auctioned them off for little kids as playhouses for materials the next class ( or hookers and blow). Hey they were WW2 vets teaching those classes and paddlin' asses !Corporal punishment. a beautiful thing.
I still believe in paddling. If they cannot listen to the teacher or principal, listen to paddle!

I still believe in paddling. If they cannot listen to the teacher or principal, listen to paddle!

I would support that, but it’s so hard to get the canoe in the classroom.

We got paddled with a canoe paddle! That guy got fired, he was a nut.

I ignored him and read "Lord of the Rings" and "Chronicles of Narnia" in his class. Also "The history of the FBI".

He was gone before he touched me with that canoe paddle.

When I was a kid my brother and I went to YMCA summer camp several summers. There we were instructed and fired .22s and bows and arrows. Saw my wife and children attend the TWRA hunter safety course and receive "hunter safety certificates". Now I have grandchildren who are deer hunters.
Young'uns bringing home the venison

We got paddled with a canoe paddle! That guy got fired, he was a nut.
My 3d grade teacher in 1947 was a B-17 bomber pilot. He used a rolled up Look magazine and put knots on heads. One of my favorite teachers even though he whacked me once..

Not really. They have all that room for prayer mats in schools now.

Not really. They have all that room for prayer mats in schools now.

No, they don't.

MY son got a paddling in jr high along with other boys for opening a classroom door while the teacher was teaching. My son said he wasn't really involved, he was in the back of the rest. At first, I said you shouldn't have done it, so I'm fine with the paddling.

When he told me he was in the back of the group that was guilty, I said you had better pick better friends in the future. Either way he is going to take the punishment and respect authority, Just watch the kids who parents don't believe in punishment talk back to police officers when they are stopped. they talk back to parents, teachers and police. That didn't happen when parents supported the school. That's how kids die.

Forum List

Back