"Class Warfare", By Citigroup

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
"Before Wall Street drove our economy off a cliff, bullish Citigroup strategists dubbed the United States a "plutonomy." They said, "There are rich consumers, few in number, but disproportionate in the gigantic slice of income and consumption they take. There are the rest, the 'non-rich,' the multitudinous many, but only accounting for surprisingly small bites of the national pie."

Inequality had increased so much since the 1980s, Citi strategists noted in 2005, that the richest 1 percent of households and the bottom 60 percent had "similar slices of the income pie!" Even better, they said, "the top 1 percent of households account for 40 percent of financial net worth, more than the bottom 95 percent of households put together." And the Bush "administration's attempts to change the estate tax code and make permanent dividend tax cuts, plays directly into the hands of the plutonomy."

In "Revisiting Plutonomy: The Rich Getting Richer," Citi strategists considered the risk of backlash. "Whilst the rich are getting a greater share of the wealth ... political enfranchisement remains as was - one person, one vote," they said. "At some point it is likely that labor will fight back against the rising profit share of the rich and there will be a political backlash against the rising wealth of the rich." This could be felt, for example, "through higher taxation (on the rich or indirectly though higher corporate taxes/regulation)."

:eusa_shifty:

Better reach-out, 'Baggers!!

The high-rollers might need some (more) moral-support, some time soon.....​

Yeah, but we have to fear the muslims, gays, blacks and hispanics and vote for the people supporting the plutocracy!

Class warfare is alive and well!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe3l1dErofc&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe3l1dErofc&feature=related[/ame]

If you are worried about class warfare, there is a simple solution: Stop fighting it.

Stop being angry at someone else because they have more or less than you do

If you make more money than me because of your labor and industriousness, great! I applaud you!

If you make less money than me (Which sadly there are some that actually do) then I will do what I can to help you increase your abilities to support yourself and your family.

untitled1-3.jpg

"Before Wall Street drove our economy off a cliff, bullish Citigroup strategists dubbed the United States a "plutonomy." They said, "There are rich consumers, few in number, but disproportionate in the gigantic slice of income and consumption they take. There are the rest, the 'non-rich,' the multitudinous many, but only accounting for surprisingly small bites of the national pie."

Inequality had increased so much since the 1980s, Citi strategists noted in 2005, that the richest 1 percent of households and the bottom 60 percent had "similar slices of the income pie!" Even better, they said, "the top 1 percent of households account for 40 percent of financial net worth, more than the bottom 95 percent of households put together." And the Bush "administration's attempts to change the estate tax code and make permanent dividend tax cuts, plays directly into the hands of the plutonomy."

In "Revisiting Plutonomy: The Rich Getting Richer," Citi strategists considered the risk of backlash. "Whilst the rich are getting a greater share of the wealth ... political enfranchisement remains as was - one person, one vote," they said. "At some point it is likely that labor will fight back against the rising profit share of the rich and there will be a political backlash against the rising wealth of the rich." This could be felt, for example, "through higher taxation (on the rich or indirectly though higher corporate taxes/regulation)."

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-18.jpg

If you make more money than me because of your labor

Well, if you had clue one you'd know that the people fucking up the economy and getting rich doing it DON'T DO LABOR! They own.

If you make more money than me because of your labor

Well, if you had clue one you'd know that the people fucking up the economy and getting rich doing it DON'T DO LABOR! They own.

There are two ways to make money: Work for it by giving people what they want and need or lie through your teeth.

You honestly believe that all people who make money get it from the latter?

False dichotomy followed by trap question. What a surprise.

Listen Avatar. I know what I'm talking about. You see, i don't labor anymore. I'm what you would call a capitalist. I let my money make money while i play golf. I'm not here advocating for my financial best interests but for yours. But you're too dim to see that. You've been duped by hate speech, fear mongering and simplistic ideological clap-trap into voting for the interests of a class of people that you don't belong to and will never belong to. While the people you elect see to it that your real income declines, mine will rise. How do I know? They've done it since 1980 baby.

Citigroup manages one of my credit cards. No complaints from me.

Me neither! You see, I own part of citigroup! You go out and charge up your dinner and I play golf. Ka-ching! You get poorer, i get richer. And then you vote to have the money I make off your debt to be taxed at a lower rate than the money you get from your labor!

How fucking stupid is that?

Citigroup manages one of my credit cards. No complaints from me.

Me neither! You see, I own part of citigroup! You go out and charge up your dinner and I play golf. Ka-ching! You get poorer, i get richer. And then you vote to have the money I make off your debt to be taxed at a lower rate than the money you get from your labor!

How fucking stupid is that?

Actually, I don't pay them a dime.

It's the other maroons that don't know how to take advantage of their cards that do. That, and the retailer has to pay them of course.

Oh yes you do! You think i don't make money just cause you don't pay interest? You're wrong. The vendor pays! He passes the cost off on your purchases!

Ka-ching!

And then you vote to lower my taxes!

Woo-hoo!

Listen Avatar. I know what I'm talking about. You see, i don't labor anymore. I'm what you would call a capitalist. I let my money make money while i play golf. I'm not here advocating for my financial best interests but for yours. But you're too dim to see that. You've been duped by hate speech, fear mongering and simplistic ideological clap-trap into voting for the interests of a class of people that you don't belong to and will never belong to. While the people you elect see to it that your real income declines, mine will rise. How do I know? They've done it since 1980 baby.

In other words, you sit on your ass all day instead of contributing to society and then whine about what happens.

you sit on your ass all day

No, I play golf most days. That's what you're voting for. Better greens at my country club!

instead of contributing to society

You mean the ownership class doesn't contribute? What, you're a fucking commie or something?

whine about what happens.

Avatar, I'm not whining. I'm gonna make money no matter who is in office. What I'm doing is desperately trying to get you to see the world the way that it actually is.

I'm failing miserably.

But there's an upside. While you get poorer, I'll get richer.

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-18.jpg

Which is EXACTLY why people like Bernie Maddoff, made off with 20 billion dollars.

Oh yes you do! You think i don't make money just cause you don't pay interest? You're wrong. The vendor pays! He passes the cost off on your purchases!

Ka-ching!

And then you vote to lower my taxes!

Woo-hoo!

I already said the retailer pays. He also passes off the cost to every purchaser, cash or charge. I pay no more for the goods or service than anyone else. So if you want to look at it that way, you pay too.

How do I vote to lower your taxes?

Last edited:

You got a salary and benefits as a unionist teacher few others in tht private sector could touch.

Spare us the "self made man" horseshit.

Forum List

Back