Class War in Florida

Oh, BTW why would any sane person take a job for less than they believe their skills are worth?

Yes, if the only alternative is to starve.

You should get a history book.
You see smart guy, for every one of your "power to the people/ down with business" arguments, I whack them out of the ballpark with facts to back up the logic.

:eusa_eh:

What facts are those? Read a history book if you want to know why we now have laws pertaining to child labour, the minimum wage, and workplace safety.
The inescapable truths here are there is no such thing as indentured servitiude.

Thanks to the government outlawing it. But what's that to do with the subject at hand?
No jobs paying in company scrip. No more company owned housing. No more company stores. And no more company owned slums.

Thanks to the unions, the communists, and government intervention.

So you can't live on 35 cents/hour? So your statement that 'Every wage is liveable if the person getting the money spends it wisely and budgets properly' is bullshit?

Are you now recanting your earlier stupidity?'

You shouldn't make absolute statements if you're not prepared to stand by them.
The only stupidity here is your suggestion that someone work for 35 cents per hour.
I did not make an absolute statement. You needed to have it appear to be an absolute so you could make an argument.
Cut the bullshit, drop the deflection and join the discussion...
Or you can stow it.
Either way, you're not going to bait me into your vapid 35 cents per hour argument.
No, you can continue this line of questioning and make damned sure everyone on this board is aware you have a room temperature IQ, or you can hide that fact and go for the gusto and deal in real world terms.
Your choice.

People ARE where they are BY CHOICE
starving_child-sudan2.jpg

You really think that child made a choice to be where (s)he is now?
You fucking liberals will use anything or anyone for political gain.

I did not make an absolute statement.

Oh?

Every wage is liveable if the person getting the money spends it wisely and budgets properly.

Liar.
Nice try fucko..
I like how you deftly left out the conditions I stated after that sentence.
Such as .....if one's wages do not permit them to live on their own, get a room mate or if young enough live with parents....That is a part of managing one's finances. So is living within one's means and spending responsibly...Ahh yes, responsibility..A term that makes you lefties' skin crawl...
Yep, for anyone who works for a living, there are ways to budget finances in a responsible manner. First priority is to live within their means. That is what is meant by my original statement that any wage can be a living wage.
Now if you took that to mean 35 cents per hour( which again no one but prison inmates earns) that's your problem.
I have your number. You're grounded. You have no valid argument so you decided to muddy the waters with an absurdity. Not on my watch ,pal..

retard? You're the one looking for work paying 35 cents an hour, not me.
It really doesn't matter what you think or say.
Florida is doing the right thing in protecting taxpayers.
The State cannot afford to lose any more of it's population. People are leaving because of high taxes and a shit economy.
OUT.

People aren't leaving Florida because of high taxes. Florida has one of the lowest tax regimes in the country. That's why millionaires like Rick Scott come to live here in the first place. There is no income tax nor capital gains tax in this state. More than any other state except maybe Hawaii, Florida relies on funding its government through tourists. In the meantime, it has one of the lowest cost governments in the country. Government employee compensation is well below average and spending on education is in the bottom quartile, and would have been dead last had Scott gotten his way.

Last edited:
That better be one hell of a tax cut to make up the difference between American worker's compensation and their foreign counterparts.

Who gives a tinker's DAYUM about 'Foreign Counterparts'? THEY are in way deeper than we are...and are backtracking...does GREECE ring a bell with you perchance?

I wasn't aware that they hired lot of Greeks down there in Florida .

My mistake.
Never been to Tarpon Springs?

Granny says purt soon the sea level gonna rise...

... an' all dem richy-rich folk's mansion in Florida gonna be underwater...

... an' den dey gonna be poor like the rest of us.
:tongue:

Class wars only exist in the minds of little immature hateful people.

May as well say there is an intellectual war and class war between children and adults?

I will say this though - dictating outcomes both social and economic not on the premise of effort but on the premise of "equality" will create a real fucking war....

When an individual gets a masters and is treated both socially and economically like the drunk peon begging for change - you will see a war.

When the true middle class is dissolved (as they are now by the government) into the class of those who were lazy and never tried in life - there will be a real war..

Forum List

Back