Class Act: Usain Bolt Drops Everything to Honor U.S. National Anthem

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Class act: Usain Bolt Drops Everything to Honor U.S. National Anthem

Class Act: Usain Bolt Drops Everything to Honor U.S. National Anthem | Video | TheBlaze.com

Jamaican sprinter and four-time Olympic gold medalist Usain St. Leo Bolt is one classy guy.

As American Sanya Richards-Ross awaited her gold medal for winning the 400-meter dash, the “Star Spangled Banner” began to play. At the same time, Bolt was being interviewed by a Spanish journalist.

This is where it gets good.

Instead of continuing along and talking about, well, whatever he was talking about, Bolt halts the interview, asks the reporter to be respectful of the moment, and stands in silence to honor the U.S. national anthem and Richards-Ross’ victory.

I would Imagine he was more honoring another athletes medal ceremony than the national anthem, but either way it is a noble act. I wouldnt expect anyone to drop what they are doing if another countries national anthem is playing, but I would say dont disrupt whatever ceremony is going on.

If he had continued his interview while the anthem was playing I would not have had any issue with him.

salute.jpg

Class Act: Usain Bolt Drops Everything to Honor U.S. National Anthem | Video | TheBlaze.com

Jamaican sprinter and four-time Olympic gold medalist Usain St. Leo Bolt is one classy guy.

As American Sanya Richards-Ross awaited her gold medal for winning the 400-meter dash, the “Star Spangled Banner” began to play. At the same time, Bolt was being interviewed by a Spanish journalist.

Instead of continuing along and talking about, well, whatever he was talking about, Bolt halts the interview, asks the reporter to be respectful of the moment, and stands in silence to honor the U.S. national anthem and Richards-Ross’ victory.

I have heard that he's a top bloke, very laid back. And he wants to come to Australia for a holiday!

Someone give him my number...:badgrin:

I would Imagine he was more honoring another athletes medal ceremony than the national anthem, but either way it is a noble act. I wouldnt expect anyone to drop what they are doing if another countries national anthem is playing, but I would say dont disrupt whatever ceremony is going on.

If he had continued his interview while the anthem was playing I would not have had any issue with him.

I will give you a little bit of credit you fought a good fight to not say something bad, but you just couldn't help yourself. But I think it is a step in the right direction.

WTF does that picture have to do with Bolt? That was a much different time.

I have heard that he's a top bloke, very laid back. And he wants to come to Australia for a holiday!

Someone give him my number...:badgrin:
Noome Kardashian ? :eusa_shifty:

One can do what he did or one can do like our first Lady Michelle Obama did at a flag folding moment.

"All this just for a flag"...
And our President responding with a nod as our first lady shakes her head in disgust...

C'mon people don't break my balls that there is no link all of us has seen the video.

Yeah that was a cool thing from Bolt, he really seems pretty cool. I also like the guy from Grenada, he's 19, but seems like a pretty good guy as well

Human body is not designed to travel at speeds of more than 60 kmph because fastest man can run at 55 kmph.

Tell fastest man "Usain Bolt" to run into a wall or tree at 55 kmph or tell fastest man to fall on the ground at 55 Kmph. This will prove everything.

:lol: :lol:

*Idiot Alert*

New Topics

Forum List

Back