Clashes Erupt in Lebanon as Hezbollah Enforces Strike

http://www.irinnews.org/report.aspx?reportid=26242

Hezbollah not only has armed and political wings – it also boasts an extensive social development programme. The group currently operates at least four hospitals, 12 clinics, 12 schools and two agricultural centres that provide farmers with technical assistance and training. It also has an environmental department and an extensive social assistance programme. Medical care is also cheaper than in most of the country’s private hospitals and free for Hezbollah members.

Most of these institutions are located in the country’s more marginalised areas, such as Beirut’s southern suburbs, in South Lebanon and in the Bekaa Valley. “We have special sections all over the country that provide financial and food assistance to the poor,” said Hezbollah spokesman Hussein Nabulsi. “We also run an emergency fund for instant care in case of immediate hospitalisation.”

Condemning them as simply criminals and terrorists is an oversimplification.

No.They are a terrorist organization. Black panthers and JDL had extensive social assistance programs.

It's clothing to dress them up. It doesn't change what they are.

Ahh yes, change the subject, deflect and attempt to make the discussion, which on its merit shows you to be as stupid as a box of rocks, about something else.

I don't need to deflect, you said nothing except called me an ignorant person, dumbass.

Remind us all again how this group is NOT a terrorist organization and because it does " good deeds" is somehow a stellar member of the human race.

They are NOT stellar members of the human race. But Gunny thought it was ridiculous that they have any legitimacy, its not.

They are NOT stellar members of the human race. But Gunny thought it was ridiculous that they have any legitimacy, its not.

Hezbollahs 1985 manifesto reads this.."our struggle will end only when this entity [Israel] is obliterated."

Yeah...They are NOTHING like Hitler. :rolleyes:

http://www.irinnews.org/report.aspx?reportid=26242

Hezbollah not only has armed and political wings – it also boasts an extensive social development programme. The group currently operates at least four hospitals, 12 clinics, 12 schools and two agricultural centres that provide farmers with technical assistance and training. It also has an environmental department and an extensive social assistance programme. Medical care is also cheaper than in most of the country’s private hospitals and free for Hezbollah members.

Most of these institutions are located in the country’s more marginalised areas, such as Beirut’s southern suburbs, in South Lebanon and in the Bekaa Valley. “We have special sections all over the country that provide financial and food assistance to the poor,” said Hezbollah spokesman Hussein Nabulsi. “We also run an emergency fund for instant care in case of immediate hospitalisation.”

Condemning them as simply criminals and terrorists is an oversimplification.

in line with what jillian pointed out, there are groups of criminals and/or terrorist who also support social programs/assistance, similar to what you have posted above. of course not on the same level or as open because america has a better police force. one example i would give is the mafia. very well known to act very similar to hezbully, gotti was the guy i remember who was "loved" by his 'hood due to his generosity....

Hezbollahs 1985 manifesto reads this.."our struggle will end only when this entity [Israel] is obliterated."

Yeah...They are NOTHING like Hitler. :rolleyes:

You do realize the difference between Israel, and the inhabitants of Israel, right?

No, they are nothing like Hitler. Its a moronic comparison.

You'll get no disagreement from me. But I'm sure Shogie will call me more names.... you know, like Ms. Holocaust. :rolleyes:

thats rich considering your quickness to whip out your own scarlet letter, jill.

clearly, you enjoy your double standard.

Hopefully, the world wil start cracking down on the double standards that Israel enjoys.

Also, if I may...

I don't recall a single one of you motherfuckers commenting in the thread I posted this week of a JEWISH SETTLER RAMMING HIS CAR INTO A FUCKING AMERICAN GENERAL'S VEHICLE.

indeed.. it's awfully funny how that works.

Really? You don't think Hezbollah providing social services gives them legitimacy in the eyes of the Lebanese?

Pretending they are more than what they are?

Do they, or do they not, provide essential social services to many Lebanese civilians?

Yeah Israel tried that. Failed miserably. Next plan?

Ah. Well care to define terrorism so I can know who you want dead and who not?

Whatever dude. Al Capone set up soup kitchens in Chicago during the Great Depression. By your your reasoning, that makes him less of a scumsucking lowlife criminal than he was.

Oh yeah, and Hitler is responsible for the building of the Autobahn. Great leader, was he?

Your backwards-assed reasoning is just TOO easy to expose.

Whatever dude. Al Capone set up soup kitchens in Chicago during the Great Depression. By your your reasoning, that makes him less of a scumsucking lowlife criminal than he was.

It does, actually.

Oh yeah, and Hitler is responsible for the building of the Autobahn. Great leader, was he?

:eusa_wall:

This shit is a broken record. Hezbollah is not comparable to Hitler, but do keep on with the utter bullshit.

Your backwards-assed reasoning is just TOO easy to expose.

Sure Gunny :rolleyes:

It does, actually.

:eusa_wall:

This shit is a broken record. Hezbollah is not comparable to Hitler, but do keep on with the utter bullshit.

Sure Gunny :rolleyes:

Oh, GOOD comeback.:rolleyes:

I wasn't comparing Hezbollah to Hitler. But you KNOW that. I was comparing your relativist bullshit to more of the same. But you know that too.

Exposed again. Nothing new here.

Oh, GOOD comeback.:rolleyes:

I wasn't comparing Hezbollah to Hitler. But you KNOW that. I was comparing your relativist bullshit to more of the same. But you know that too.

Exposed again. Nothing new here.

Sure you weren't. Nice little backpedal there Gunny.

Relatavism? Actually its called being nuanced. Something you should try once in a while before assuming anyone you dislike it Hitler-esque

Red Dawn Terrorist cell
code name "Wolverines"

reddawn_l.jpg

HEAR!

The right place for Soviet and Cuban soldiers who invade America is six feet below the ground with a bullet in the head.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure you weren't. Nice little backpedal there Gunny.

Relatavism? Actually its called being nuanced. Something you should try once in a while before assuming anyone you dislike it Hitler-esque

Tapdance all you want. I don't need to backpedal and especially not with the likes of you. I presented like examples of your twisted arguments. Any comparison beyond that is just you trying to squirm out of being pwned. Again.

I don't assume anyone I dislike is Hitler, and never have. Hitler was smarter than you. He fooled a nation and the world. You can't even fool ME.

Red Dawn Terrorist cell
code name "Wolverines"

reddawn_l.jpg

No comparison. The characters portrayed in Red Dawn had their home invaded. To my knowledge, they were not sent to Colorado by an extremist Islamic government to murder people for their religious beliefs.

Also do note that the characters in Red Dawn waged war against the invading Cuban military in the area they Cubans had invaded. They did not immediately head off to Cuba and indiscriminantly fire missiles into towns at noncombatants nor detonate themselves in markets crowded with noncombatants.

You're welcome to try again.

Forum List

Back