clark my senior cat most likely has a brain tumor

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
his first seizure was 5/22....it was mild and small and i denied it was a seizure...just a bit of bad meat or such...
6/6 my fears were confirmed when he had a full blown seizure....vetted him yesterday....all systems are normal....all tests show a healthy cat....he is between 15 and 17...good weight eating well....i knew the vet was trying hard to break it to me ....i told him i had googled and i knew it was most likely a brain problem....he agreed...we discussed options and he agreed there arent many...said we could image but then ask if i would have him operated on....i declined...he agreed with that...so we are just going to chart the seizures and see what happens...everything i read says it will be a quick and hard few months....if it is a brain tumor....the seizure will become more frequent and longer...the fates are most unkind....wish us luck and mostly hope that i have the courage to do what needs to be done when the time comes....he has been too good a companion to me....to ever let him suffer...

IMG_20180123_164542366.jpg

I'm so sorry about Clark. You will find the courage to get through this and to do whatever you think is best for him.

his first seizure was 5/22....it was mild and small and i denied it was a seizure...just a bit of bad meat or such...
6/6 my fears were confirmed when he had a full blown seizure....vetted him yesterday....all systems are normal....all tests show a healthy cat....he is between 15 and 17...good weight eating well....i knew the vet was trying hard to break it to me ....i told him i had googled and i knew it was most likely a brain problem....he agreed...we discussed options and he agreed there arent many...said we could image but then ask if i would have him operated on....i declined...he agreed with that...so we are just going to chart the seizures and see what happens...everything i read says it will be a quick and hard few months....if it is a brain tumor....the seizure will become more frequent and longer...the fates are most unkind....wish us luck and mostly hope that i have the courage to do what needs to be done when the time comes....he has been too good a companion to me....to ever let him suffer...

View attachment 197289
:11_2_1043:

Beautiful little buddy you have there.

I waited too long with my little Jack Russell, Mel. Massive cluster seizures were controlled with potassium bromide, phenobarbital and valium. I made the decision to put the "little zombie" down at age 6.

I hope you find the balance needed for little Clark. My best wishes to you.

Animals are often easier to love than people. It is a shame they don't live longer.

View attachment 197289

Sorry to hear about your kitty. The only downside to having a pet is that we will usually always outlive them.

this is the longest living pet i have ever had....my son gave him to me..with another kitten named roland.....he was all....you know like the explorers roland and clark...that boy is all rock...clark has always been happy being a house cat...i never realized how much he sleeps...i am keeping him away from dogs when we are not here...i am afraid he will seizure..the dogs will either run or attack him ....and i am afraid of the latter

another seizure.....i made an appt with vet....need to give them time to compound the steroids...i need to remember to get him something for stress on the 4th...

Man that sucks Bones!
We eventually had to put down Katy for the same thing.
But there are some pretty good drugs out there that will extend Clarks life.
They bought Katy an extra year or so.

just got off phone with vet...no use for an appt....he has started the compounding process.....it will take a week or so ....that is all we can do at this point...a scan of his brain will be 1500 to 2 grand....i cant rationalize that for a cat this age....and i have 4 others 2 dogs 2 more cats that like to eat and have medical and the vet said it wont make a bit of difference in the treatment

Cats are a dime a dozen. Get some street heroin and meter the dosage to make him comfortable. (mixed with wet food)

$1500 for a cat? :cuckoo:

I've given up on tending my 1 cat's 2-year old infected head wound. A couple times I snuck her antibiotics,
and it healed, and then she got into a fight with the cat that gave her the head wound again...twice.
And the wound was back.

I put some peroxide on it a few nights ago, now she hates me. These are outside cats.

I'm considering grinding up some Prednisone, whatcha think?

Forum List

Back