Clarity on Racial Politics

Clinton pushed Meek to quit Fla. race

Meek, a staunch Clinton ally from Miami, has failed to broaden his appeal around the state and is mired in third place in most public polls, with a survey today showing him with just 15 percent of the vote. His withdrawal, polls suggest, would throw core Democratic voters to the moderate governor, rocking a complicated three-way contest and likely throwing the election to Crist.

Your post is disingenuous crap.

Clinton advised Meek to quit because Meek, a staunch Clinton ally from Miami, has failed to broaden his appeal around the state and is mired in third place in most public polls, with a survey today showing him with just 15 percent of the vote.

Dean was picked over Brazlle because he served as a governor and ran for president

Patterson was asked to not run because he was politically damaged.

Clyburn is a committee chair today. Republicans don't have a black even close.
And his:

Waters aides expelled from Pelosi event
By Russell Berman - 09/16/10

Pelosi's office said Friday morning that it did not ask for anyone to be told to leave the event on Thursday.

So while you wasted all that time, what you can't show is any black republican that comes even close.

Yes, reality is defined by actions.

Oooo.....looks like I really embarrassed you.

Excellent.

Ignorance should be painful.

Now get to work on the rest of my posts.

NOW!!!!
There's a whole education in front of you!!!!

You got schooled.

Everyone who reads my posts...then this, will recognize that you are simply a tool of the Democrats, and prove
Rule #1

Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

What part of the country, IM?
Some history on the New Deal-
Blacks During the New Deal
The shift of black voters from the Republican to the Democratic party during the New Deal years was one of the most significant political turnarounds in American history. In 1932 when things were at their worst, fewer African Americans defected from the Republican party than the members of any other traditionally Republican group. Four years later, however, blacks voted for Roosevelt in overwhelming numbers.

Blacks supported the New Deal for the same reasons that whites did, but how the New Deal affected blacks in general and racial attitudes specifically are more complicated questions. Claiming that he dared not antagonize southern congressmen, whose votes he needed for his recovery programs, Roosevelt did nothing about civil rights before 1941 and relatively little thereafter. For the same reason, many southern white liberals hesitated to support racial integration for fear that other liberal causes could be injured as a result.

Many of the early New Deal programs treated blacks as second-class citizens. Blacks were often paid at lower rates than whites under NRA codes (and so joked that NRA stood for ā€œNegro Run Aroundā€ and ā€œNegroes Ruined Againā€). The early farm programs shortchanged black tenants and sharecroppers. Blacks in the Civilian Conservation Corps were assigned to all-black camps. TVA developments were rigidly segregated, and almost no blacks got jobs in TVA offices. New Deal urban housing projects inadvertently but nonetheless effectively increased the concentration of blacks in particular neighborhoods. Because the Social Security Act excluded agricultural laborers and domestic servants, it did nothing for hundreds of thousands of poor black workers or for Mexican American farmhands in the Southwest. In 1939 unemployment was twice as high among blacks as among whites, and whitesā€™ wages were double the level of blacksā€™ wages.

The fact that members of racial minorities got less than they deserved did not keep most of them from becoming New Dealers.

Oh, you were around in the 30ā€™s, as an adult?
What actually happened was Blacks abandoned the Republican Party when the New Deal came out, yet the GOP are the ones that continued to push and pass civil rights for Blacks, even though Blacks abandoned them as a voting
block, as we still believed in all being created equal..
The first Black Senator was in 1869. A Republican, as well as the second and third. And the first Rep, also in 1869, also a Republican. And the next 15 were Republicans.

And then we had lily white movement within the republican party. That's something you republicans never mention.

What actually happened is what I said happened. I'm black, I do know.

Well the problem you have with this is I am 57 years old. Both my parents were born in the 1920's. My mothers mom was born in the late 1880's. My fathers mom was born in the 1890's. Both my grandfathers we born in the mid to late1870's. My aunts and uncles born in between 1918 and1924. I grew up with people born in the 1800's on. Most of my friends parents were born in the 1920's-30's. So then I am very well versed on how things actually happened to blacks.

When did X say this?

Last week?

I'm quite sure he would have opposed the presidency of Barack Obama and voted republican too.

Instead of misquoting X listen to your Asian sister and wake up.

We Will Not Be Used: Are Asian-Americans the Racial Bourgeoisie?
By Mari J. Matsuda

"If white, historically, is the top of the racial hierarchy in America, and black, historically, is the bottom, will yellow assume the place of the racial middle? The role of the racial middle is a critical one. It can reinforce white supremacy if the middle deludes itself into thinking it can be just like white if it tries hard enough. Conversely, the middle can dismantle white supremacy if it refuses to be the middle, if it refuses to buy into racial hierarchy, if it refuses to abandon communities of Black and Brown people, choosing instead to form alliances with them.

The theme of the unconventional fundraiser talk you are listening to is, ā€œwe will not be used.ā€ It is a plea to Asian-Americans to think about the ways in which our communities are particularly susceptible to playing the worst version of the racial bourgeoisie role.

In thinking this, I remember my motherā€™s stories of growing up on a sugar plantation on Kauai. She tells of the Portuguese luna or overseer. The luna rode on a big horse and ordered the Japanese and Filipino workers around. The luna in my motherā€™s stories is a tragic-comic figure. He thinks he is better than the other workers, but he doesnā€™t realize that the plantation owner considers the luna sub-human, just like the other workers. The stereotype of the dumb portagee persists in Hawaii today, a holdover from the days of the luna parading around the big house, cloaked in self-delusion and false pride.

The double tragedy for the plantation nisei who hated the luna is that the sansei in Hawaii are becoming the new luna. Nice Japanese girls from Manoa Valley are going through four years of college to get degrees in Travel Industry Management, in order to sit behind a small desk in a big hotel, to dole out marching orders to brown-skinned workers and to take orders from a white man with a bigger desk and a bigger paycheck who never has to complicate his life by dealing with the brown people who make the beds and serve the food. He need only deal with the Nice Japanese Girl, ex-Cherry Blossom Queen, eager to please, who doesnā€™t know she will never make it to the bigger desk.

The portagee luna now has the last laugh with this new unfunny portagee joke: when the portagee was the luna, he didnā€™t have to pay college tuition to ride that horse.

Iā€™d like to say to my sister behind the small desk, ā€œremember where you came from and take this pledge: we will not be used.ā€

We Will Not Be Used: Are Asian-Americans the Racial Bourgeoisie?

"....we will not be used.ā€

Yeah....you are, and you will be, because you aren't smart enough to catch on.

The only thing the Democrats/Liberals have done for black Americans is ban one particular word.

Friends of blacks?????

Hardly, you, dunce.

Jot this down, and lamitate it for your wallet: REALITY IS DEFINED BY ACTIONS, NOT BY WORDS.

Here's the reality:

1. In 2005, the Democrats did not name Donna Brazile to head the Democratic National Committee. They chose Howard Dean.

2. ā€œGov. David A. Paterson defiantly vowed to run for election next year despite the White Houseā€˜s urging that he withdraw from the New York governorā€™s race.ā€ Obama Asks Paterson to Quit New York Governorā€™s Race

3. President Barack Obama has kept mum on the fate of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) for days -- but he tells CBS News that it's time for the embattled 80-year-old former Ways and Means Chairman to end his career "with dignity."

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served-- his constituents very well. But these-- allegations are very troubling," Obama told Harry Smith in an interview to be aired on the "Early Show." and first broadcast on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric. Obama: Time for Rangel to end career "with dignity"

4 Harold Ford told not to run for Senator from New York:

ā€œFrom the start, Mr. Fordā€™s potential candidacy angered national Democratic Party leaders by disrupting plans for what was planned as a seamless Gillibrand nomination. Harry Reid of Nevada, the Senate majority leader, called Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg to discourage him from supporting Mr. Ford, and Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York met personally with Mr. Ford to argue against his candidacy.ā€ Harold Ford Jr. Says He Wonā€™t Challenge Senator Gillibrand

5. ā€œAs state comptroller, [Carl] McCall earned the distinction of being the first African American ever elected to a statewide office in New York. Four years later voters overwhelmingly supported McCall over Republican Bruce Blakeman 64.75 to 32.1%. McCall's reelection in 1998 may have given him the confidence he needed in order to pursue the governor's mansionā€¦.The McCall campaign had the support of the Democratic Party; whether or not McCall had the party's full support has been the subject of much debateā€¦.Still one wonders just how committed the party was to McCall's campaignā€¦.shunned by some of the state's most respected Democratsā€¦McCall blamed his money woes on the national Democratic Party, claiming that the party had abandoned his campaignā€¦.ā€ H. Carl McCall for Governor: a lesson to all black high-profile statewide office seekers. - Free Online Library

6. And, most telling, Bill Clintonā€™s remarks about the black candidate for the presidency:

ā€œ[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Billā€™s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.ā€

Teddy's anger

7. Three staffers working for embattled Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) were asked by security officers to leave an event in downtown Washington on Thursday after they tried to display large campaign signs just as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was about to speak. .. Waters told The Hill afterward that the staffers had been displaying the signs at the annual legislative conference for the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, which was held at the Washington convention center a few blocks away. ā€œIt ainā€™t about Nancy. Itā€™s about black people,ā€ Waters said. Waters aides expelled from Pelosi event

8. And what Governor of Arkansas made the Saturday before Easter "Confederate Flag Day"?
The Arkansas Code, Section 1-5-107. Confederate Flag Day.
(a) The Saturday immediately preceding Easter Sunday of each year is designated as "Confederate Flag Day" in this state.
No person, firm, or corporation shall display any Confederate flag or replica thereof in connection with any advertisement of any commercial enterprise, or in any manner for any purpose except to honor the Confederate States of America.
Any person, firm, or corporation violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not less than one hundred dollars ($100) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

"In April 1985, Governor Bill Clinton signed Act 985 into law...'
Mark R. Levin on Trent Lott & Moral Outrage on National Review Online

9. Do Democrats in Congress support blacks by practicing affirmative action in their hiringā€¦and of course this would be our of moral convictions, as they are legally exempt from affirmative action requirements. More than passing interesting, the ā€˜National Journal,ā€™ a survey of congressional staffers revealed that Democrats hired black employees at the same rate as Republicans: 2 percent. ā€œThe Racial Breakdown of Congressional Staffs,ā€ National Journal, June 21, 2005

a. Schweitzer, ā€œDo As I Say,ā€ p. 9

10. Clinton pushed black candidate to drop out of Florida race:

ā€œBill Clinton sought to persuade Rep. Kendrick Meek to drop out of the race for Senate during a trip to Florida last week ā€” and nearly succeededā€¦Clinton did not dangle a job in front of Meek, who gave up a safe House seat to run for the Senate, but instead made the case that the move would advance the congressmanā€™s future prospects, said a third Democrat familiar with the conversations. Clinton campaigned with Meek in Florida on Oct. 19 and 20, and thought he had won Meek over. But as the week wore on, Meek lost his enthusiasm for the arrangement, spurred in part, a third Democratic source said, by his wifeā€™s belief that he could still win the race. Clinton spoke with Meek again at weekā€™s end, three Democrats said, and again Meek said he would drop out.ā€

Read more: Clinton pushed Meek to quit Fla. race

By some strange coincidence, the Democrats, again, force a black to the back:

11. ā€œUnder an arrangement reached two days ago, Steny Hoyer of Maryland, the current majority leader, would get the No. 2 job of minority whip come January. Clyburn, now majority whip, would hold the post of assistant leader, newly created for the purpose of heading off a contest for the whip position.ā€ Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

12. For a peek into the unspoken view that Democrats have of blacks, look at how Biden finds Obama as different from all the rest of blacks:

Feb 9, 2007 - Biden called Obama first "clean" African-American candidate ā€¢ Biden ... "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean ... He's smart.

And, in light of the action of Democrats/Liberals, as shown above....this is beyond ironic:

Remember Mark Lloyd, who was chosen by President Obama as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)'s Chief Diversity Officer, a.k.a. the Diversity Czar?

"This... there's nothing more difficult than this. Because we have really, truly good white people in important positions. And the fact of the matter is that there are a limited number of those positions. And unless we are conscious of the need to have more people of color, gays, other people in those positions we will not change the problem.

We're in a position where you have to say who is going to step down so someone else can have power." Read more: Audio: FCC's Diversity Czar: 'White People' Need to be Forced to 'Step Down' 'So Someone Else Can Have Power'

Yes, reality is defined by actions. And your party consistently selecting people like Steve King is all that needs to be said.

How about Obama, who wasn't black....he was Democrat.....and tossed blacks under the bus for a larger voting block:

Obama's US Civil Rights Commission, 2010 Report:
"The United States Commission on Civil Rights (Commission) is pleased to transmit this report, The Impact of Illegal Immigration on the Wages and Employment Opportunities of Black Workers. A panel of experts briefed members of the Commission on April 4, 2008 regarding the evidence for economic loss and job opportunity costs to black workers attributable to illegal immigration. The panelists also described non-economic factors contributing to the depression of black wages and employment rates.

Illegal immigration to the United States in recent decades has tended to depress both wages and employment rates for low-skilled American citizens, a disproportionate number of whom are black men."
USCCR: Page Not Found

https://www.usccr.gov/pubs/docs/IllegImmig_10-14-10_430pm.pdf

That's 'reality,' you moron.
Wanna give Barack an 'attaboy'?

Obama is black. If he had been anything but president he's black. You know nothing about reality.

I proved he cared nothing about blacks....only about the future for Democrats.

Glad it hurt.

You proved nothing.

Progress of the African-American Community During the Obama Administration

Key Accomplishments

Labor Market, Income and Poverty

• The unemployment rate for African Americans peaked at 16.8 percent in March 2010, after experiencing a larger percentage-point increase from its pre-recession average to its peak than the overall unemployment rate did. Since then, the African-American unemployment rate has seen a larger percentage-point decline in the recovery, falling much faster than the overall unemployment rate over the last year.

• The real median income of black households increased by 4.1 percent between 2014 and 2015.

• The President enacted permanent expansions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which together now provide about 2 million African-American working families with an average tax cut of about $1,000 each.

• A recent report from the Census Bureau shows the remarkable progress that American families have made as the recovery continues to strengthen. Real median household income grew 5.2 percent from 2014 to 2015, the fastest annual growth on record. Income grew for households across the income distribution, with the fastest growth among lower- and middle-income households. The number of people in poverty fell by 3.5 million, leading the poverty rate to fall from 14.8 percent to 13.5 percent, the largest one-year drop since 1968, with even larger improvements including for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and children.

• The poverty rate for African Americans fell faster in 2015 than in any year since 1999. While the poverty rate fell for across all racial and ethnic groups this year, it fell 2.1 percentage points (p.p.) for African Americans, resulting in 700,000 fewer African Americans in poverty.

• African American children also made large gains in 2015, with the poverty rate falling 4.2 percentage points and 400,000 fewer children in poverty.
Health

• Since the start of Affordable Care Act's first open enrollment period at the end of 2013, the uninsured rate among non-elderly African Americans has declined by more than half. Over that period, about 3 million uninsured nonelderly, African-American adults gained health coverage.

• Teen pregnancy among African-American women is at an historic low. The birth rate per 1,000 African-American teen females has fallen from 60.4 in 2008, before President Obama entered office, to 34.9 in 2014.

• Life expectancy at birth is the highest itā€™s ever been for African Americans. In 2014, life expectancy at birth was 72.5 years for African-American males and 78.4 for African-American females, the highest point in the historical series for both genders.
Education

• The high school graduation rate for African-American students is at its highest point in history. In the 2013-2014 academic year, 72.5 percent of African-American public high school students graduated within four years.

• Since the President took office, over one million more black and Hispanic students enrolled in college.

• Among African-Americans and Hispanic students 25 and older, high school completion is higher than ever before. Among African Americans, Hispanics, and Asian students 25 and older, Bachelorā€™s degree attainment is higher than ever before. As of 2015, 88 percent of the African-American population 25 and older had at least a high school degree and 23percent had at least a Bachelorā€™s degree.
Progress of the African-American Community During the Obama Administration

What part of the country, IM?
Some history on the New Deal-
The shift of black voters from the Republican to the Democratic party during the New Deal years was one of the most significant political turnarounds in American history. In 1932 when things were at their worst, fewer African Americans defected from the Republican party than the members of any other traditionally Republican group. Four years later, however, blacks voted for Roosevelt in overwhelming numbers.

Blacks supported the New Deal for the same reasons that whites did, but how the New Deal affected blacks in general and racial attitudes specifically are more complicated questions. Claiming that he dared not antagonize southern congressmen, whose votes he needed for his recovery programs, Roosevelt did nothing about civil rights before 1941 and relatively little thereafter. For the same reason, many southern white liberals hesitated to support racial integration for fear that other liberal causes could be injured as a result.

Many of the early New Deal programs treated blacks as second-class citizens. Blacks were often paid at lower rates than whites under NRA codes (and so joked that NRA stood for ā€œNegro Run Aroundā€ and ā€œNegroes Ruined Againā€). The early farm programs shortchanged black tenants and sharecroppers. Blacks in the Civilian Conservation Corps were assigned to all-black camps. TVA developments were rigidly segregated, and almost no blacks got jobs in TVA offices. New Deal urban housing projects inadvertently but nonetheless effectively increased the concentration of blacks in particular neighborhoods. Because the Social Security Act excluded agricultural laborers and domestic servants, it did nothing for hundreds of thousands of poor black workers or for Mexican American farmhands in the Southwest. In 1939 unemployment was twice as high among blacks as among whites, and whitesā€™ wages were double the level of blacksā€™ wages.

The fact that members of racial minorities got less than they deserved did not keep most of them from becoming New Dealers.

What actually happened was Blacks abandoned the Republican Party when the New Deal came out, yet the GOP are the ones that continued to push and pass civil rights for Blacks, even though Blacks abandoned them as a voting
And then we had lily white movement within the republican party. That's something you republicans never mention.

Well the problem you have with this is I am 57 years old. Both my parents were born in the 1920's. My mothers mom was born in the late 1880's. My fathers mom was born in the 1890's. Both my grandfathers we born in the mid to late1870's. My aunts and uncles born in between 1918 and1924. I grew up with people born in the 1800's on. Most of my friends parents were born in the 1920's-30's. So then I am very well versed on how things actually happened to blacks.

Try showing me something I don't already know please.

Meek, a staunch Clinton ally from Miami, has failed to broaden his appeal around the state and is mired in third place in most public polls, with a survey today showing him with just 15 percent of the vote. His withdrawal, polls suggest, would throw core Democratic voters to the moderate governor, rocking a complicated three-way contest and likely throwing the election to Crist.

Your post is disingenuous crap.

Clinton advised Meek to quit because Meek, a staunch Clinton ally from Miami, has failed to broaden his appeal around the state and is mired in third place in most public polls, with a survey today showing him with just 15 percent of the vote.

Dean was picked over Brazlle because he served as a governor and ran for president

Patterson was asked to not run because he was politically damaged.

Clyburn is a committee chair today. Republicans don't have a black even close.
And his:

By Russell Berman - 09/16/10

Pelosi's office said Friday morning that it did not ask for anyone to be told to leave the event on Thursday.

So while you wasted all that time, what you can't show is any black republican that comes even close.

Yes, reality is defined by actions.

Oooo.....looks like I really embarrassed you.

Excellent.

Ignorance should be painful.

Now get to work on the rest of my posts.

NOW!!!!
There's a whole education in front of you!!!!

You got schooled.

Everyone who reads my posts...then this, will recognize that you are simply a tool of the Democrats, and prove
Rule #1

Every argument from Democrats and Liberals is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

What you say is a misrepresentation, a fabrication, or a bald-faced lie.

You are Asian in the party of Steve King. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

1. America was a nation built on the individual as the basis for all power, and the Constitution as the restrictions on governmental power.
Not group identity....not collectivism......individualism.

No, America was built on Slave Labor and the genocide of Native Peoples...

Sorry we have to keep explaining that to you.

She ought to know better but she remains a coolie.

The first Black Senator was in 1869. A Republican, as well as the second and third. And the first Rep, also in 1869, also a Republican. And the next 15 were Republicans.

It appears that our family

I think that some of them here don't beliieve that many of us in that age range actually grew up in households with parents and elders who gave us any insight into true history and what they experienced.

It appears that our family

I think that some of them here don't beliieve that many of us in that age range actually grew up in households with parents and elders who gave us any insight into true history and what they experienced.

Yes, I think your conclusion is very much on point.

Forum List

Back