Clarence Clemons Suffers Stroke

The one and only time I saw him was in 1974 at Camden Community College. The auditorium only held like 700 people. They had two albums out at that time and were popular in only two states; New Jersey and Texas. Supposedly bootleg tapes exist from that concert. IMO, the most creative stuff they did is on the first two albums.

that was when david sanctious was his pianist. the sound was very jazzy and bluesy. the second side of wild, innocent and the e street shuffle is the most perfect album side ever. i had to wait 58 shows to hear incident on 57th street live.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mn6SnhVj_8&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Bruce Springsteen Incident On 57th Street Live from MSG'00‬‏[/ame]

:clap2:

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be some good news!

Clarence Clemons Reportedly Showing Signs of Recovery | Rolling Stone Music

By Andy Greene
June 13, 2011 2:55 PM ET
While we wait for an official statement about Clarence Clemons' condition following his stroke, good news has been trickling in. A "close friend" of the E Street Band saxophonist recently told the Springsteen fanzine Backstreets that his condition is improving. "Yesterday, it did not look good at all," the source said. "Today . . . miracles are happening. His vital signs are improving. He's responsive. His eyes are welling up when we're talking to him. He was paralyzed on his left side, but now he's squeezing with his left hand. This is the best news we've heard since [the stroke] happened — it's nothing short of miraculous. The next five days will still be critical. But he's a fighter."

Not a good day. I'm going to get some of my CD's out tomorrow morning over breakfast and give them a listen for the first time in years.

Forum List

Back