Claire McCaskill's town hall meeting

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
There was a wonderful moment in Claire McCaskill's town hall meeting. She asked the crowd, "How many of you are on Medicare?" About half the crowd raised their hands. Then she asked, "How many of you want to give it up?"

Nobody raised their hand.

There was a wonderful moment in Claire McCaskill's town hall meeting. She asked the crowd, "How many of you are on Medicare?" About half the crowd raised their hands. Then she asked, "How many of you want to give it up?"

Of course they didn't. In ten years Medicare will be belly up and it'll end for them then. If they're not dead yet.

Medicare Will Be Bankrupt by 2019 - by Tom Schatz - Budget & Tax News

Chris has hydrocephalus. Take it easy on him.

Of course they didn't. In ten years Medicare will be belly up and it'll end for them then. If they're not dead yet.

The usually scare tactics.

Medicare will not be bankrupt by 2019.

We will reform healthcare, reduce the cost, and probably raise taxes or reallocate resources to pay for it.

I am really getting tired of these lies on behalf of the evil insurance companies.

We will reform healthcare, reduce the cost, and probably raise taxes or reallocate resources to pay for it.

Raise taxes? But didn't Obama promise not to do that?

Why should I pay more in taxes so you can get free health care? Get a job, slacker.

I am really getting tired of these lies on behalf of the evil insurance companies.

But you haven't gotten tired of being clueless.

Even now the Democrats at Obama's insistence are stripping money from Medicare and trying to strip even more. Go ahead Chris explain to us how solvent Medicare is, how it has kept costs down and provided state of the art coverage for the people covered by it.

broken_record.jpg

Why should I pay more in taxes so you can get free health care? Get a job, slacker.
I doubt seriously if you make enough money to have your taxes raised.

That's not the point. I don't see why anyone should have their taxes raised to pay for someone else's health care.

I doubt seriously if you make enough money to have your taxes raised.

That's not the point. I don't see why anyone should have their taxes raised to pay for someone else's health care.

You are right. You don't see.

Why should your premiums be raised to pay for someone else's healthcare?

If you make between 17 and 24 k you will get almost as much if not more of a tax hike than the fat cats.

Chrissie when was the last time the cost of a postage stamp went down?

What do you think Obama will do to lower costs, outlaw technology, reduce acceess or cut the lawyers out of the loop. That's the only three ways you've got to lower health care costs.

What do you think Obama will do to lower costs, outlaw technology, reduce acceess or cut the lawyers out of the loop. That's the only three ways you've got to lower health care costs.

Garissie, when was the last time a private company would come to your house, pick up a letter, and deliver it to California for 44 cents????

Garissie, when was the last time a private company would come to your house, pick up a letter, and deliver it to California for 44 cents????

Why would I pay 44 cents to mail a letter when I can email someone for next to nothing, shit-for-brains?

when was the last time you were tested for chlamydia?

You are right. You don't see.

Why should your premiums be raised to pay for someone else's healthcare?

In the long run, I'd rather give my money to a private organization than the U.S. government, as sad as that is to say.

If this health care bill is truly about reducing the cost of health care, there are plenty of ways to do it that don't involve subsidizing, and garyd just named the most important ones. As long as ambulance chasers like John Edwards exist, health care costs will never go down.

Forum List

Back