Claiming Racism when there is none, is WORSE than Racism...

Conservative minded people should be applauding every time a k00k like Jimmy Carter goes into one of his mental case rants. It only galvanizes ordinary Americans against the culture of political correctness = ^^ level of skepticism on Obama's America!! Its a win-win..........Carter cant get on the boob enough for me!! Put all the k00k lefties on 24/7, I say. The more it happens, the more people will have a "FCUKK YOU" attitude on the PC bs that has been shoved down America's throat for 40 years!!!

jimmy-carter.jpg

I personally don't think the right wing protests are racist.

The right wing does appeal to many racists and closet racists and those are the people that Carter was referring to and the ones with the signs that the Liberals highlight.

However, the vast majority of the republicans are not racist. They are just being republicans. If you look at the tactics they use against Obama, these are the same tactics they would have used against Hillary if she had been elected. Just look at the signs, rumors, rants and taunts the republicans spouted against Hillary when she was First Lady and Senator....they would have just gotten worse if she were president

Its not racism by the republicans, its just the way they have done business for the last 15 years.

The right wing does appeal to many racists and closet racists and those are the people that Carter was referring to and the ones with the signs that the Liberals highlight.

However, the vast majority of the republicans are not racist. They are just being republicans. If you look at the tactics they use against Obama, these are the same tactics they would have used against Hillary if she had been elected. Just look at the signs, rumors, rants and taunts the republicans spouted against Hillary when she was First Lady and Senator....they would have just gotten worse if she were president

Its not racism by the republicans, its just the way they have done business for the last 15 years.

I agree about 90% here. It's just a matter of degree. From 1860s secession, to 1960s civil rights and school desegregation unrest, to modern racial tensions ... there is a common thread. Political party alligiance and other factors may have changed, but racism has not. Maybe fewer people are racists today than in previous times (I certainly hope so) but the tactics and tools of racism are fairly consistent.

Threats of armed insurrection, championing "real Americans", fomenting distrust of anyone who doesn't look, talk, or worship the way "we" do .... they all tap into racist embers that continue to smolder well beneath the surface in many cases.

There are many people who tap into that for their own gain without consideration to what it does to our nation.

Last edited:

I agree about 90% here. It's just a matter of degree. From 1860s secession, to 1960s civil rights and school desegregation unrest, to modern racial tensions ... there is a common thread. Political party alligiance and other factors may have changed, but racism has not. Maybe fewer people are racists today than in previous times (I certainly hope so) but the tactics and tools of racism are fairly consistent.

Threats of armed insurrection, championing "real Americans", fomenting distrust of anyone who doesn't look, talk, or worship the way "we" do .... they all tap into racist embers that continue to smolder well beneath the surface in many cases.

There are many people who tap into that for their own gain without consideration to what it does to our nation.

There is no question that racism still exists in this country. Much of it has been driven underground which provides protection from being seen and labeled as openly racist. There are still emails being circulated, posts on message boards and subtle codewords that show we did not eliminate racism when we elected a black president.

My point is that whoever the Dems elected as president would have seen the same tactics out of the republicans. The republicans had geared up to defeat Hillary in 2008 and when Obama emerged as the Democratic candidate, they were caught unprepared with how to personally attack a black candidate.

The tactics we see out of the republicans are just the way they do business. They learned long ago that they can't debate the issues or participate in open dialogue. Petty personal attacks are how they got Bush elected twice and republicans still look at it as a winning strategy

YOU CONDONE RACISM IN ONE GROUP AND DEMONIZE IT IN ANOTHER.. YOU CAN STUFF IT.

I haven't said this yet to you, Willow, but you are full of cat shit and shinola.

I don't condone racism from Dems, Blacks or anyone else. Please post where I did condone it. If you can't then go lick out the litter box.:lol:

You can't stick to the subject with facts so you change it or just post more catshit.

There is no question that racism still exists in this country. Much of it has been driven underground which provides protection from being seen and labeled as openly racist. There are still emails being circulated, posts on message boards and subtle codewords that show we did not eliminate racism when we elected a black president.

My point is that whoever the Dems elected as president would have seen the same tactics out of the republicans. The republicans had geared up to defeat Hillary in 2008 and when Obama emerged as the Democratic candidate, they were caught unprepared with how to personally attack a black candidate.

The tactics we see out of the republicans are just the way they do business. They learned long ago that they can't debate the issues or participate in open dialogue. Petty personal attacks are how they got Bush elected twice and republicans still look at it as a winning strategy

Yes, I see. The tactics of personal attack in lieu of productive civil discourse - yes. And MOST personal attacks are not racial. But some are - and some racial attacks are couched in a way to poke at that underlying ember without openly lighting a match.

I think we are essentially in agreement - maybe I am focusing more on the attacks that ARE racial in nature. was "you lie" stupid? I sure think so. Did it add anything to the public debate? Nope. Was it a racial attack - nah, I don't see it that way.

Last edited:
Worse than racism?

No, it's just another form of racism.

IF, the charge is baseless, I mean.

In the case of Wilson, for example, it was pretty spot on.

You can't Conclude that "You Lie" to the President by Wilson is any More or Less Racist than when the Left Called (43) a Liar...

If you Think you can, then do it.

:)

peace...

That's because what people say and what others hear isn't always identical, oddly enough. He may have just said "You lie," but apparently what a lot of people heard was "You like like a no-good, dirty ******!"

To be fair...I have no idea if Wilson is a racist or not. Simply calling someone a liar isn't a sign of racism. That he worked for Strom Thurmond, that he chastised Strom's illegitimate daughter, and that he supports flying the rebel flag at the state capital makes me wonder, though.

None of that is as bad as the fact that he's a deather.

Good points Ravi - Wilson very well may be a racist. Lots of things seem to point in that direction. But I agree with you in that I don't think everything that comes out of a racist's mouth is automatically racism

In addition, I don't think even Carter said they are "all" racists.

I do agree that that some of the signs and some of the comments are racists and there are people who are against Obama simply because he is Black. These folks are racists. And yes there are blacks who are racist. What the hell does that prove when that argument is used?

The twisted crap that some post that claim the left is saying that anyone who disagrees with Obama is a racist is just a stupid diversionary tactic they use rather than logic or facts. To say there are racists who hate Obama is not the same as saying if you disagree you are a racist.

Funny how we just can't get real dial a log sometimes.:(

To be fair...I have no idea if Wilson is a racist or not. Simply calling someone a liar isn't a sign of racism. That he worked for Strom Thurmond, that he chastised Strom's illegitimate daughter, and that he supports flying the rebel flag at the state capital makes me wonder, though.

None of that is as bad as the fact that he's a deather.

Wilson is also the product of his political environment. You can't be elected in South Carolina without supporting the rebel flag. You needed Strom Thurmonds support to be elected.

His "You Lie" was a right wing reaction, not a racist reaction

The republicans as a whole are not racist.

Its just that petty attacks is how they win elections these days. It got Bush elected twice, it got his daddy elected and thats how they win most Congressional elections

The OP title is correct, 100%, seeing racism where there is none actually fuels racism, offers excuses to be racist, and creates hate (the primary ingredient for racism) for anything that you put the focus on.

Claiming racism where there is none?

Would that be like Limbaugh saying that the ONLY reason Colin Powell supported Barack Obama was because of RACE?

Is that a good example?

Rush didn't call Colin a Racist, did he?...

:)

peace...

Yes, he did. Accusing someone of making a decision based only on race is by definition racism.

How do you call 95% of black people voting for Obama? Just asking...

The funny thing is, this whine about faux-racism is for pussies. If this is the best they have for dealing with an opposition, and it's a given that there is an opposition; it makes me wonder about any claims that the Democratic Party is the party of 'intellectuals'.

Claiming Racism when there is none, is WORSE than Racism...

I could see where some would believe that, but the truth is "Refusing to see racism when it's right in front of you" is worse.

Forum List

Back