Civilization IV

insein said:
Thats fine. Im always America anyway. Call me old fashioned. I never chose any other nation in all the civ games except Rome.

The 1 time i was actually able to play online in Civ3, it was against 5 europeans. Mostly germans and i think an italian. They all found it amusing that the American was America. I found it amusing that i kicked there asses before the game froze after about an hour.

Nice. I was always either Russia or Germany in Civ II and usually the Scandanavians in Civ III, which I didnt play very often. What all countries can you be? Is it the same as Civ II and III only plus some? Also can you name your own civilization and the titles? ARE there titles?

Semper Fi said:
Nice. I was always either Russia or Germany in Civ II and usually the Scandanavians in Civ III, which I didnt play very often. What all countries can you be? Is it the same as Civ II and III only plus some? Also can you name your own civilization and the titles? ARE there titles?

Dont know all the details yet. Gotta wait till i get it. Just going by what ive read.

I like to play China because:

a) nobody else ever does. I love America, but so many people play as America and going along with the crowd just isn't my style.

b) It's one of the most ancient nations around today. It's also been one of the most powerful through the centuries. It would be my second favorite country in the world if it wasn't f-ing communist. I'd play Japan, instead, but, once again, see letter a.

c) When I team up with my buddies who play as America, we're the two biggest superpowers in the world, meaning...we win...period.

what ive noticed in CIV 3 is that America is at a disadvantage. They expand fast but they dont manufacture very fast. They're military is usually less powerful also. Agricultural, Expansionist is the phrase for America. they grow big cities but have mediocre militaries in civ anyway. Considering that these Civ's are in name only i dont take much solace in them being realistic. I just like america because it has city names i mostly know. From what ive seen though, no one ever picked America in online play for civ3 because of their disadvantages. Most people took Rome, Russia or Germany. I forget why but the military aspects were better for those civs.

insein said:
it does have mutliplayer. I here you can actually find people online this time too unlike the horrendus setup from Civ3. So we'll have to get a USMB Civ game going.

I'll be on board for that.

I bought the game Friday night and promptly played the game in five hours. Way different from Civ III, but same concepts. I didn't even discover the world, just my little region of space surrounded by Germany and England and America. One thing though, the game was sort of funneled to micro-management. Like when the enemy would raze a mine or something my sole purpose for the next 5 minutes would be to rebuild a new mine. Period. I know what you'll say, its just my style of pay, but really its easy to adopt in this game. Really fun though, dont get me wrong, I'm up for a USMB game, not in the next few weekends though, wrestling tourneys and family matters. Christmas Break though, Im there!

Forum List

Back