"Civility" for thee, but not me?

That is a question that is actually questioning ones patriotism when, in fact his post in no way shows lack of patriotism.

So it is an unwarranted attack...and quite uncivil if you ask me TM.

Practice what you preach.

When people talk of unions as if they are evil incarnate they spit on democracy.

That is not an uncivil thing to say.

Your opinion of unions is the polar opposite of mine.
But it is just that...opinion.

Have you forgotten the SEIU beating up on Kenneth Gladney, a black conservative, for merely handing out small Gadsden flags at a townhall meeting last year?

Wanna talk "uncivil"?
Let's start with that.

How's about all the other intimidation unions love to throw around, as if businesses and workers who dare to oppose unions should be sent to the gas chamber.

"Uncivil"?....yep - you got it.

What was the outcome of the Gladney case?

Unions have helped build this country and to demean them demeans the power of the people to organize.

Why do you ignore all the good unions have done?

When people talk of unions as if they are evil incarnate they spit on democracy.

Have you forgotten the SEIU beating up on Kenneth Gladney, a black conservative, for merely handing out small Gadsden flags at a townhall meeting last year?

Wanna talk "uncivil"?
Let's start with that.

How's about all the other intimidation unions love to throw around, as if businesses and workers who dare to oppose unions should be sent to the gas chamber.

What was the outcome of the Gladney case?

Unions have helped build this country and to demean them demeans the power of the people to organize.

He didnt.
His post has to do with something the unions have done that was inappropriate.
Unions have done great things...sure....but as of recent they seem to many to be overstepoping their boundaries.

Why do you ignore the great records OJ Simpson set in professional football when discussing his subsequent actions?

Wanna talk "uncivil"?
Let's start with that.

What was the outcome of the Gladney case?[/qutoe]

http://biggovernment.com/?s=Gladney

Pick a story, explore the embedded source links within each.

Wrong - it wasn't UNIONS who've helped to build this country....it's PEOPLE.
Unionized or not....it's PEOPLE.

There was a time when unions had their place.
These days, and for the past 50 to 60 years, they've been nothing more than political cash-cows for those who believe that workers can't possibly do well unless they have the heavy-hand of a quasi-government dragging them along.

Toss civility in the trash heap because some refuse to practice it?

Civility starts with you.

If you can not find it in your heart to practice it dont blame others.

Exactly. What is it with people who think their principles are defined by others' principles?

Do you think stealing is wrong, but you do it anyway because others won't stop doing it?

Do you think going to church on Sunday is a good thing, but you stop because your neighbor never goes?

Do you think adultery is a sin, but you do it anyway because so and so at work is doing it?

Pointing to the 'other guys' is nothing more than an excuse to be as bad as you think they are.

btw, Keith Olbermann the other night apologized for any violent rhetoric he may have used on the air in the past;

he didn't wait for Limbaugh or Savage or Beck to go first.

Last edited:
why do you hate the people having power in a democracy?

That is a question that is actually questioning ones patriotism when, in fact his post in no way shows lack of patriotism.

....And, quit the convenient-distraction, when you hear.....​

Tea Party Unpopularity At All-Time High

343.gif
346.gif
329.gif

Toss civility in the trash heap because some refuse to practice it?

Civility starts with you.

If you can not find it in your heart to practice it dont blame others.

Exactly. What is it with people who think their principles are defined by others' principles?

Do you think stealing is wrong, but you do it anyway because others won't stop doing it?

Do you think going to church on Sunday is a good thing, but you stop because your neighbor never goes?

Do you think adultery is a sin, but you do it anyway because so and so at work is doing it?

Pointing to the 'other guys' is nothing more than an excuse to be as bad as you think they are.

btw, Keith Olbermann the other night apologized for any violent rhetoric he may have used on the air in the past;

he didn't wait for Limbaugh or Savage or Beck to go first.

And what you say is exactly what TM did...and now you...and yes, now me.
It is one thing to debate ones sentiments.
It is another thing to question their sanity, patriotism, intelligence, etc...based on their sentiments.

TM questioned his patriotism as opposed to debating why he thinks as he does. IN other words, she read into his sentiments and immediately querstioned his credibility.

That is as uncivil as it gets when debating.

As for Olberman and his apology. If it works for him...good for him.

Personally? I find it all silly.

I saw a clip yesterday of Beck...he said...(paraphrased)

"let me take a stab at this....oops...sorry, cant use the word stab. So let me take a shot at this...oops, I did it again. I want to target the....uh oh. Another boo boo"...

As he demonstrated...using metaphores is a major part of our communication....and those that wish to take it out of context to attack an adversary are the ones that are looking to create an issue where one does not exist.

Well...once again, a call to debate civilly kills a thread.

Bingo....

What TM and all the other "civility police" need to remember is this:

Disagreement, in and of itself, is NOT "extremism". Pointing out differences is NOT "extremism". Favoring one system of government over another is NOT "extremism". Standing up for our military, our constitution, or a particular political ideology is NOT "extremism". Telling the truth and being able to factually prove it, about something or someone, is NOT "extremism"

Neither does it mean that someone is "unpatriotic".

It simply means that a difference of opinion exists, and it is from THAT point going forward that the discussion should begin.

I posted the info in the OP because I wanted to see if any left-of-center person around here would denounce the trespassing of a man's private property, and the use of a TARGET WITH CROSSHAIRS.

I got my answer.
Case closed.
Calls for "civility" = lip service.

I'll believe it when I see it.

why do you hate the people having power in a democracy?

Union's spit on Democracy.

Unions are not unlike homeowner's associations.
They are quasi-governments unto themselves, and they enslave workers by convincing them that they should be paid and receive benefits for doing virtually NO work.

Granted, not all union members are like that. In fact I'd say most are not.
But, a nice chunk of them are.

Unions are not unlike homeowner's associations.
They are quasi-governments unto themselves, and they enslave workers by convincing them that they should be paid and receive benefits for doing virtually NO work.

Granted, not all union members are like that. In fact I'd say most are not.
But, a nice chunk of them are.

I don't confuse the Union Rank and File with Union Management. I know too many dissatisfied Union Members.

Forum List

Back