"Civility" for thee, but not me?

Talismen

Lady Templar & Kafir
Dec 28, 2010
Central Iowa
With all the calls for "civility" in light of the horrific shootings in Arizona, one would think actually practicing it would be a good idea, no?

Well -- toss that idea into the ash heap that is liberal hypocrisy.
Why?

Read: Anti-WalMart Thugs Target Developer: Plan Protest Outside of Private Residence
(snip)
Anti-WalMart Thugs Target Developer: Plan Protest Outside of Private Residence
by LaborUnionReport

Last May, a frightened teenager was trapped inside his home when a mob of SEIU astro-turfing thugs (estimated at 500 strong) trespassed on his front lawn to protest to intimidate his father, the deputy general counsel of the Bank of America. While the protesters caught the family by surprise (allegedly aided and abetted by the police), unbeknownst to them, Fortune’s Nina Easton was a neighbor to the victim and exposed the injustice for what it was.

Now, though, another gang of astro-turfing thugs has targeted (yes, targeted) the private home of a real estate developer for the audacity of building a WalMart that will employ up to 1200 DC-area residents.

With unemployment in Washington, DC at 10.2%, it is hard to imagine anyone not wanting to see jobs added. That is, unless that someone is a union that doesn’t like the fact that WalMart operates its U.S. stores union-free.

The Power of Persuasion or the Persuasion of Power?

A group of of so-called “activists” has launched an anti-WalMart site called WalMart-Free DC in an attempt to keep WalMart out of Washington, DC. While the group claims no affiliation, its tactics are reminiscent of the thug-like tactics of the SEIU and UFCW. In fact, while the links on the site link to SEIU and UFCW funded groups like WalMartWatch, the WalMart-Free DC has decided they are entirely opposed to all-things WalMart:

Wal-Mart Free DC is a group of DC Residents who have come together to say NO to Wal-Mart.

We are not interested in negotiating the terms of Wal-Mart’s arrival. We know the harmful impact that Wal-Mart always has, from thousands of case studies around the country, and around the world. We believe in our hearts, and in our minds, that DC must continue to be Wal-Mart Free.

Apparently happy with a closed-down Chevrolet dealership standing on the site where the proposed WalMart would be built, the vehemence of their hatred has led the astroturf group to believe it has the right to target and tread on another person’s property.
(Read the rest and access embedded source links, at the link above....)

You'll want to click the link above to see the image of the announcement from the group, stating they will be protesting at the PRIVATE residence of the land developer.

Oh by the way....the announcement features a target WITH CROSSHAIRS.

My my....that's not civil at all.
Whatever shall we do?

:cool:

Ok....I must be having one of those days.
I looked at the comment Intense posted, and I thought it said:

Fuck the onions

LMAO!!!! :lol:

Toss civility in the trash heap because some refuse to practice it?

Civility starts with you.

If you can not find it in your heart to practice it dont blame others.

Civility starts with you.

If you can not find it in your heart to practice it dont blame others.

So practicing civility means not pointing it out when others don't?

I disagree.

The OP is making a case for tossing civility in the trash heap because not everyone is practicing it.

Is everyone who is calling for civility to blame for these peoples failure to practice it?

With all the calls for "civility" in light of the horrific shootings in Arizona, one would think actually practicing it would be a good idea, no?

Well -- toss that idea into the ash heap that is liberal hypocrisy.
Why?
Uhhhhhhhhh....because those clowns at Big Journalism think they've got it right, THIS time???

:eusa_eh:
"Israel is a favorite target of the progressive mainstream media. For example the New York Times,Washington Post and LA Times are famous for their anti-Israel bias. To mix things up a bit, they can blame the Jews too. Progressive media are famous for their attacks on Jews also. MSNBC commentator Pat Buchanan, for example, is a Holocaust revisionist who opposed did not support the Kagan nomination because it would put too many Jews on the Supreme Court (he also complained that there were too many Jews in the Senate).

"Yep. Pat Buchanan is Dunetz's evidence of the "progressive media's" attacks on Jews.

Pat Buchanan, who worked for three Republican presidents, ran for president as a Republican twice, and co-founded a magazine called The American Conservative.

That Pat Buchanan.

I really don't know what else can be said, other than that Andrew Breitbart
sure can pick 'em.
"

260.gif

HERE

Last edited:

That's what I said.

Wanna know why?
Because every time someone on the right says something that bruises someone's ego on the left, the ENTIRE left-of-center rails against them, demanding that ALL those on the right stand up and denounce the comment...Even though it was only 1 person who said it.

So - name for me, if you will, all those left-of-center who are standing up and denouncing this protest, on a man's own private property, as well as the use of the target WITH CROSSHAIRS.

Because, using the left's logic, I now get to demand the same thing from them, they are CONSTANTLY demanding from the right.

"Civility" starts with self-discipline...A discipline to actually practice it, continually, by ALL who have railed against the weakest of "incivility", claiming it has harmed the entire world.

My expectations are the left's expectations, turned inside out and tossed back in their face.
If they mean it, they'll stop it.

Time to put up, or shut up.

Now -- do you want onion rings with that?

why do you hate the people having power in a democracy?

That is a question that is actually questioning ones patriotism when, in fact his post in no way shows lack of patriotism.

So it is an unwarranted attack...and quite uncivil if you ask me TM.

Practice what you preach.

That's what I said.

Wanna know why?
Because every time someone on the right says something that bruises someone's ego on the left, the ENTIRE left-of-center rails against them, demanding that ALL those on the right stand up and denounce the comment...Even though it was only 1 person who said it.

So - name for me, if you will, all those left-of-center who are standing up and denouncing this protest, on a man's own private property, as well as the use of the target WITH CROSSHAIRS.

Because, using the left's logic, I now get to demand the same thing from them, they are CONSTANTLY demanding from the right.

"Civility" starts with self-discipline...A discipline to actually practice it, continually, by ALL who have railed against the weakest of "incivility", claiming it has harmed the entire world.

My expectations are the left's expectations, turned inside out and tossed back in their face.

I know some will continue to search for reasons to abondon civility.

I know some will only accept civility when all others are practicing it.

Some people like to be the last one in line.

Some like to lead and some like to follow.

I have chosen to be closer to the front of the line.

That's what I said.

Wanna know why?

I know some will continue to search for reasons to abondon civility.

I know some will only accept civility when all others are practicing it.

Some people like to be the last one in line.

Some like to lead and some like to follow.

I have chosen to be closer to the front of the line.

Then why did you bait talisman with an unwarrnted attack?

That is a question that is actually questioning ones patriotism when, in fact his post in no way shows lack of patriotism.

When people talk of unions as if they are evil incarnate they spit on democracy.

That is not an uncivil thing to say.

When people talk of unions as if they are evil incarnate they spit on democracy.

Your opinion of unions is the polar opposite of mine.
But it is just that...opinion.

Have you forgotten the SEIU beating up on Kenneth Gladney, a black conservative, for merely handing out small Gadsden flags at a townhall meeting last year?

Wanna talk "uncivil"?
Let's start with that.

How's about all the other intimidation unions love to throw around, as if businesses and workers who dare to oppose unions should be sent to the gas chamber.

"Uncivil"?....yep - you got it.

Last edited:

Based on the actions of the unions that are cited in the opening post, he offered his sentiments.
You may disagree with him, but he offered his sewntiments by citing facts.

Being against unions for the worng that they do is not unpatriotic.

Practice what you preach. Allow people to offer their opinions without responding with insults for how and why they think.

Question what they think. Debate why they think as they do. Do not insult them. That is uncivil.

Forum List

Back