Civilian Deaths Up 24% Since Obama

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Not sure how this equates to a Nobel Peace Prize...

_____

Civilian death toll soaring in Afghanistan
By James Cogan
3 August 2009

A report issued late last month by the Human Rights Unit of the United Nations Assistance Mission to Afghanistan (UNAMA) sheds light on the rising number of innocent Afghan men, women and children who are being killed in order for the US and its allies to consolidate their neo-colonial occupation of the country.

The UNAMA report contrasted the number of officially recorded civilian deaths for the first six months of 2009 with the number in previous years. From January 1 to June 30, it registered 1,013 civilian fatalities, “compared with 818 for the same period in 2008, and 684 in 2007”. In other words, as the Obama administration has escalated the war and sent thousands of additional troops and aircraft to Afghanistan, the number of civilian deaths has soared by 24 percent

They have peace...of the grave.

WTG Barry, earn that prize!

It would appear the Nobel Committee "projected" Obama would bring about great change/peace, when in fact, his administration is overseeing a 24% increase in civilian deaths in Afghanistan.

And of course, American casualties in Afghanistan under Obama are also at all-time highs...

___

U.S. Death Toll in Afghanistan Hits a Grim Record

Posted on Aug 28, 2009

telegraph.co.uk

Powerful roadside bombs, a favored weapon of the Taliban, have pushed up the U.S. military death toll in Afghanistan.

With the death of a U.S. service member Friday, August now stands as the deadliest month ever for U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Forty-five American troops have been killed so far this month, a disturbing sign that conditions in the nearly decade-long war are not getting any better.

Truthdig - Ear to the Ground - U.S. Death Toll in Afghanistan Hits a Grim Record

And of course, American casualties in Afghanistan under Obama are also at all-time highs...

___

Posted on Aug 28, 2009

telegraph.co.uk

Powerful roadside bombs, a favored weapon of the Taliban, have pushed up the U.S. military death toll in Afghanistan.

With the death of a U.S. service member Friday, August now stands as the deadliest month ever for U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Forty-five American troops have been killed so far this month, a disturbing sign that conditions in the nearly decade-long war are not getting any better.

Truthdig - Ear to the Ground - U.S. Death Toll in Afghanistan Hits a Grim Record

No shit, genius. We have actually been focusing on Afghanistan as opposed to Iraq since Dubya and DICK were booted from office.

And of course we have Iran escalating the dangers in the Middle East - rebuking Obama's rhetoric.

Perhaps they will be awed into compliance due to the Nobel Peace Prize?

____

Iran Leader on Obama Nuke Rebuke: Back Off

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned President Obama on Friday not to press Tehran on the disclosure of a second uranium enrichment plant, Time Magazine reports.

"If I were [President] Obama's adviser, I would definitely advise him to refrain making this statement because it is definitely a mistake. It would definitively be a mistake," Ahmadinejad told TIME in an exclusive interview...

He added: "I'm not the person who should be giving this advice to Mr. Obama because principally, Mr. Obama's mistakes work in our favor. But still, we do not want to see a president of a country like the United States of America to make blunders of the sort, to make mistakes of the sort."

Iran Leader on Obama Nuke Rebuke: Back Off - World Watch - CBS News

And let us not forget Poland's current angst over Obama...

___

Reporting from Warsaw – It hardly seems to matter anymore that Poles had long been leery of playing host to U.S. missile interceptors aimed at defending against long-range threats from Iran. Washington’s decision to back out of the missile shield agreement forged by the Bush administration — and opposed by Russia — has evoked memories among Poles of Cold War helplessness, of being brushed aside as casualties of great power politics.

In Poland and among other members of the old Soviet bloc, the U.S. announcement played into a historical sense of uncertainty. Warsaw’s political elite spoke of a visceral fear that the Obama administration is willing to sacrifice Central Europe in its eagerness to repair badly damaged relations with a resurgent Russia.

The indignation is partly fueled by bruised feelings over what many here describe as bungled American diplomacy in breaking the news to Warsaw. But there is also concern over the perception that the United States overhauled its defense strategy in part to appease Moscow. The Kremlin loudly opposed the Bush-era shield plan, viewing the presence of ground-based interceptors in Poland and a radar system in the Czech Republic as a strategic threat.

“It is time now for a mature look, stripped of illusions, at our possibilities and our future,” Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski told Rzeczpospolita newspaper last week. “I think today we all know that if we are to look to somebody, we have to look to ourselves.”

PoliGazette » Smart Power: Poland Angry at U.S.

And much of former President Bush's policies remain intact via Obama...

___

Obama Administration Maintains Bush Legal Argument for Terrorist Surveillance Secrecy

President Obama's most liberal supporters are dismayed and disgusted ... because this administration is invoking the "state secrets" privilege.

President Obama's most liberal supporters say they are dismayed and disgusted because this administration is invoking the "state secrets" privilege -- just as former President George W. Bush did -- to shield eavesdropping programs from public exposure.

"I wasn't happy when George Bush asserted that he could do these things and I'm not happy that President Obama is now agreeing with George Bush," said Jane Hamsher of Accountability Now.

"Other than being flat wrong, the Obama administration's position is seriously disappointing to those Americans who listened to candidate Obama's promises of a new era of government accountability and transparency, said Kevin Bankston, senior attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation

Obama Administration Maintains Bush Legal Argument for Terrorist Surveillance Secrecy - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

And yet more pro-Bush Obamisms...
___

Bush's Search Policy For Travelers Is Kept
Obama Officials Say Oversight Will Grow

The Obama administration will largely preserve Bush-era procedures allowing the government to search -- without suspicion of wrongdoing -- the contents of a traveler's laptop computer, cellphone or other electronic device, although officials said new policies would expand oversight of such inspections.

Bush's Search Policy For Travelers Is Kept - washingtonpost.com

_____

By James Cogan
3 August 2009

A report issued late last month by the Human Rights Unit of the United Nations Assistance Mission to Afghanistan (UNAMA) sheds light on the rising number of innocent Afghan men, women and children who are being killed in order for the US and its allies to consolidate their neo-colonial occupation of the country.

The UNAMA report contrasted the number of officially recorded civilian deaths for the first six months of 2009 with the number in previous years. From January 1 to June 30, it registered 1,013 civilian fatalities, “compared with 818 for the same period in 2008, and 684 in 2007”. In other words, as the Obama administration has escalated the war and sent thousands of additional troops and aircraft to Afghanistan, the number of civilian deaths has soared by 24 percent

I am touched by your professed concern over the poor citizens of Afghanistan.

And of course we have Iran escalating the dangers in the Middle East - rebuking Obama's rhetoric.

Perhaps they will be awed into compliance due to the Nobel Peace Prize?

____

Iran Leader on Obama Nuke Rebuke: Back Off

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad warned President Obama on Friday not to press Tehran on the disclosure of a second uranium enrichment plant, Time Magazine reports.

"If I were [President] Obama's adviser, I would definitely advise him to refrain making this statement because it is definitely a mistake. It would definitively be a mistake," Ahmadinejad told TIME in an exclusive interview...

He added: "I'm not the person who should be giving this advice to Mr. Obama because principally, Mr. Obama's mistakes work in our favor. But still, we do not want to see a president of a country like the United States of America to make blunders of the sort, to make mistakes of the sort."

Iran Leader on Obama Nuke Rebuke: Back Off - World Watch - CBS News

And why has Iran been able to take Center Stage in the Middle East? Could you refresh our memories on that one?

_____

By James Cogan
3 August 2009

It's Boooooooshes Fault... Didn't get the Memo, did ya?...

:)

peace...

___

Posted on Aug 28, 2009

telegraph.co.uk

No shit, genius. We have actually been focusing on Afghanistan as opposed to Iraq since Dubya and DICK were booted from office.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Apparently Obama thinks differently than you do fool!!!.
STEPHANOPOULOS: You were for a flexible time line in Iraq. Some people now are saying that's exactly what should happen in Afghanistan if the same conditions hold. Do you agree with that?

OBAMA: Here's what I think. When we came in, basically, there had been drift in our Afghan strategy. Everybody acknowledges that. And I ordered a top to bottom review. The most important thing I wanted was us to refocus on why we're there. We're there because al Qaeda killed 3,000 Americans and we cannot allow extremists who want to do violence to the United States to be able to operate with impunity.

Now, I think we've lost -- we lost that focus for a while and you started seeing a -- a classic case of mission creep where we're just there

Yeah Obama....our troops are just ...........there..........with their thumbs up their asses WAITING FOR YOU TO SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!!!!!

___

Posted on Aug 28, 2009

telegraph.co.uk

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Apparently Obama thinks differently than you do fool!!!.
STEPHANOPOULOS: You were for a flexible time line in Iraq. Some people now are saying that's exactly what should happen in Afghanistan if the same conditions hold. Do you agree with that?

OBAMA: Here's what I think. When we came in, basically, there had been drift in our Afghan strategy. Everybody acknowledges that. And I ordered a top to bottom review. The most important thing I wanted was us to refocus on why we're there. We're there because al Qaeda killed 3,000 Americans and we cannot allow extremists who want to do violence to the United States to be able to operate with impunity.

Now, I think we've lost -- we lost that focus for a while and you started seeing a -- a classic case of mission creep where we're just there

Yeah Obama....our troops are just ...........there..........with their thumbs up their asses WAITING FOR YOU TO SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT!!!!!!!

Hey - he got the Nobel Peace Prize for giving speeches during a campaign.

So it's not like he hasn't been busy or anything...

malcolm x hussein obama is a fucking joke!! the obamaloonies would give him an award for taking a shit on the constitution, which he actually does every chance he gets!!

___

Posted on Aug 28, 2009

telegraph.co.uk

and Obama continues to waffle on support for our troops...check this shit out:
"I still think we're probably several weeks away," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters before the meeting began. "I think the president feels like the discussions are going well."
Several weeks means a month or more....in the mean time, after Obama ordered a retreat from outlying areas where his failed strategy allowed the Taliban to regroup and now outnumber our forces, our troops are facing increasing danger from an enemy that's exponentially increased in size and well armed by drug money. Since the inception of Obama's March 2009 "New Strategy" speech civilian deaths have increased astronomically, the Taliban has increased in size and the price of heroin on the streets of America and Europe has dropped.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Essex | Heroin 'cheaper than a night out'

Now that's "Change you can believe in." He is indeed fundamentally changing America........into a welfare state full of drug addicts with a chicken shit foreign policy.

Last edited:

___

Posted on Aug 28, 2009

telegraph.co.uk

While it really, REALLY pains me to agree with you, I do gotta admit that the added focus on Afghanistan is undoubtedly responsible for the increase in both civilian, and military casualties.

Forum List

Back