CDZ Civil War?

What makes you believe that, because from what I've seen, republicans are taking a counteroffensive against a non-existant enemy. The two parties are supposed to work together and compromise to find what's best for the american people

So where are democrats working to compromise, they seem to be against anything Trump tries to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the same reason Democrats felt that way about Republicans when they were the ones out in the political wilderness after the 2008 election when they had no control over either chamber of congress or the presidency. When one party is totally on the outside looking in they take the we have nothing to lose mindset and fight the party in control on everything so the party in power responds in kind.

What makes you believe that, because from what I've seen, republicans are taking a counteroffensive against a non-existant enemy. The two parties are supposed to work together and compromise to find what's best for the american people

So where are democrats working to compromise, they seem to be against anything Trump tries to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awwww, don't you get it? The compromise is Trump resigns and Hillary is sworn into office. Geez! :)

It seems to me that our reps in DC have beaten down the middle class to the point that they are not in the position of living pretty well off. It been done by Both parties and it up to us to pick them out of the lineup and vote them into retirement.
It seems to me that our reps in DC have beaten down the middle class to the point that they are not in the position of living pretty well off.

It seems to me that more people in the middle class have moved into the upper middle or upper income segments of our society than have moved to the lower income segment.

While it may be that the shrinkage of the population who are squarely in the middle income group has decreased, I'm not of a mind to be terribly concerned about it when the fact is that most of those people who no longer are middle income are not "squarely in the middle" because they are financially/economically better off:
  • The middle class went from being 62% of the population to 43% of it. That's a 19% drop.
  • The lower income segment went from being 10% to 9%. That's a 1% drop.
  • The upper income group went from being 29% of the population to 49% of the population. That's a 20% increase. It's not hard to see where it came from. 19% came from the middle class and 1% from the lower income segment of society.
What is so terrible about that? In my mind, not much. What would people griping about the demise of the middle class prefer? That more people remain middle income rather than become upper income?

P.S./Edit:
One anecdotal indicator of the fact that the nation is better off: when greedy people in fact have sufficient amounts of money, they "bitch and moan" more about all sorts of things, and the "bitching and moaning" quotient in the U.S. has definitely increased over the years. Why does it work out that way? Because one can spend one's resources complaining instead of going to work to earn the/more/enough money to put food on the table and roof over one's head.

I question these figures. 49% of the US population is NOT upper middle class. Not even close./QUOTE]
I question these figures.
Well, by all means, click the link, download the study from which they came, examine the methodology by which they were obtained and cogently share with us why it is flawed.

I question all sorts of things. Some times the things I questions don't "hold water" and other times, they do. The mere fact that I question them and have in mind a different hypothesis than does the speaker/writer of the assertion I questioned has no bearing on the validity of their assertion. FWIW, I tend not to publicly question things that I either cannot or will not endeavor to rigorously verify.

And I'm correct. In 2015, 21% of the population was upper middle class. This is up from 14% in 1981. This represents a 49 or 50 % increase in the number of upper middle income earners. It doesn't mean that 49% of Americans are upper middle class.

Conservatives are so math challenged.

It seems to me that our reps in DC have beaten down the middle class to the point that they are not in the position of living pretty well off. It been done by Both parties and it up to us to pick them out of the lineup and vote them into retirement.
It seems to me that our reps in DC have beaten down the middle class to the point that they are not in the position of living pretty well off.

It seems to me that more people in the middle class have moved into the upper middle or upper income segments of our society than have moved to the lower income segment.

While it may be that the shrinkage of the population who are squarely in the middle income group has decreased, I'm not of a mind to be terribly concerned about it when the fact is that most of those people who no longer are middle income are not "squarely in the middle" because they are financially/economically better off:
  • The middle class went from being 62% of the population to 43% of it. That's a 19% drop.
  • The lower income segment went from being 10% to 9%. That's a 1% drop.
  • The upper income group went from being 29% of the population to 49% of the population. That's a 20% increase. It's not hard to see where it came from. 19% came from the middle class and 1% from the lower income segment of society.
What is so terrible about that? In my mind, not much. What would people griping about the demise of the middle class prefer? That more people remain middle income rather than become upper income?

P.S./Edit:
One anecdotal indicator of the fact that the nation is better off: when greedy people in fact have sufficient amounts of money, they "bitch and moan" more about all sorts of things, and the "bitching and moaning" quotient in the U.S. has definitely increased over the years. Why does it work out that way? Because one can spend one's resources complaining instead of going to work to earn the/more/enough money to put food on the table and roof over one's head.

I question these figures. 49% of the US population is NOT upper middle class. Not even close./QUOTE]
I question these figures.
Well, by all means, click the link, download the study from which they came, examine the methodology by which they were obtained and cogently share with us why it is flawed.

I question all sorts of things. Some times the things I questions don't "hold water" and other times, they do. The mere fact that I question them and have in mind a different hypothesis than does the speaker/writer of the assertion I questioned has no bearing on the validity of their assertion. FWIW, I tend not to publicly question things that I either cannot or will not endeavor to rigorously verify.

And I'm correct. In 2015, 21% of the population was upper middle class. This is up from 14% in 1981. This represents a 49 or 50 % increase in the number of upper middle income earners. It doesn't mean that 49% of Americans are upper middle class.

Conservatives are so math challenged.
The figures are accurate as depicted in the graphs. It was my narrative about them that was mistaken/misrepresentative. Apologies. That was my carelessness.

BTW, I'm neither conservative nor liberal. I just look at stuff and determine what I think about it. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with being conservative or liberal, or thinking myself either of those things.

Why do republicans feel that democrats are conspiring against them and all-but declaring war on them.

This is an honest question, I'm trying to get a perspective of the mindset.
I not all Democrats but the Progressives who are doing the attack, by way of PBS, TV, advertisements on TV Movies and e,t,c. They start with slow brain washing of the young and move up the ladder to advertisements of toys, dolls, and then the race of the people in the ads. Watch Seaeme Street and other kids programing and the toy ads. The all have a mindset to implants deceptions that could stay in their little mush minds to be enhances at a later time. My kids never watched PBS or any programs like that. So far I have 2 Conservative and 1 radical Progressive one in Calif. I you don't think this is true just watch TV tonight and could the inter racial racist one you see. What kills me is that the blk guys are shown as stupid or mental....This is not fair. None of us are like the model they show us as.

Forum List

Back