Civil war widens among dems....

Discussion in 'Congress' started by LordBrownTrout, Mar 30, 2008.

1. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    I wouldn't say raising the cap on Social Security is the best thing, universal healthcare is the right thing, or for that matter 800 billion dollars in new governmental spending is the right thing.

I don't think voting against timetables for the war then voting for a definite withdrawl date in Iraq is a good thing either...should I go on or do you get the point?

2. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    keep going.

3. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    Unverisal healthcare, his policies concerning Iraq, his policies concerning illegal immigrants....more??

4. CharlestonChad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    So you disagree with him on those issues. Why not address what is wrong with them, instead of just listing them. Many Americans believe; that everyone should get healthcare, that Iraq is a failure and we need to leave,

on Immigration

Obama wants to preserve the integrity of our borders. He supports additional personnel, infrastructure and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.
    Improve Our Immigration System

Obama believes we must fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.
    Remove Incentives to Enter Illegally

Obama will remove incentives to enter the country illegally by cracking down on employers who hire undocumented immigrants.
    Bring People Out of the Shadows

Obama supports a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.
    Work with Mexico

Obama believes we need to do more to promote economic development in Mexico to decrease illegal immigration.

5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,894
    Charleston

Unfortunately, thanks to television and the digital age, your political culture is now one of soundbites...not much depth there.

6. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    As far as the Iraq issue; claims to withdrawl all troops I believe in what 16 months. But he claims that he would reserve the right to go back if AQ emerges, well isn't AQ in Iraq now? Why withdraw troops then? It seems as though he is confused.

None of the canididates support a position on illegal immigrants that is right even Mccain so I'll give him a pass on that issue, still doesn't change that he is wrong on the issue.

7. CharlestonChad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    1. Al Queda would not be in Iraq if we were not in Iraq. What's the purpose of them being in Iraq if it's not to kill Americans. They have a major advantage over us if we fight them in Iraq. We have made Iraq our home soil, where we import 100% of our resources. This is terrible war strategy. Obama recognizes this. He's still wanting to continue the war on terror, just not the war in iraq.

2. It's your opinion that his immigration stance is wrong.

8. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    1. So your saying the way to combat AQ in Iraq is to never have went in this first place? Then your second premise is that simply by leaving Iraq AQ dries up? Wonder why that approach didn't work on 9/11?

2. Yes, if immigrants come here illegally then they shouldn't be awarded with drivers license and citizenship.

9. CharlestonChad

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    1. Correct. I am saying if we had continued to fight them where they live then we would not be in the middle of a mild version of vietnam. AQ was NOT in Iraq until we invaded and removed Saddam. No offense, but I don't think you have too much knowledge on the war in iraq. I'm not saying I'm a wealth of knowledge, but I'm at least not trying to imply that AQ was in Iraq before we showed up.

2. Obama is taking a more reasonable stance than you, in my opinion. I don't see how if we call for the deportation of every illegal that we will actually get them out of this country. They are already here. We need many of them here to fill voids in our workforce. I like the idea of allowing them to come forth, and get in line to become a citizen. I also like the idea of strengthening our border. I like the idea of punishing business for employing them.

10. blunt

blunt BLUNT AND TO THE POINT

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16
    oops