Civil War In Iraq?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Mainframe, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Mainframe

Mainframe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Could it happen? Is it likely? Are the elections going to bring that under control.. or make it worse? Your thoughts..

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    No telling! I think that is why Bush wants to ally the Iraqis against the arab fighters who are killing more Iraqis than anyone one now. If they can ally with each other to throw out the REAL enemy ,they may join together as one. Liberals and Kerry do not appear to see the brilliance of this strategy. They would rather have a bunch of countries come in and pick up the bones of Iraq.

If they do have a civil war ,they won't be the first democracy to do so. I know a great democracy that had a bloody civil war and survived to become even better!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Mainframe

Mainframe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    great point, using an example of our own events to compare the outcome. nice. :) i believe thats a viable outcome.

but, im not sure either.. honestly, im not 100% sure if these elections are going to help or hurt. im for them, of course, but im just not sure if its going to make the difference thats hoped for. i am hoping tho.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,200
    im more worried about civil war at home.

5. Mainframe

Mainframe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^ i didn't want to be the one to say that...

but its pretty divided right now.

6. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    You know, I’m glad I’m not the only one harboring a shade of concern over this domestic situation.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I've been waiting for a debate where both candidates are asked how they plan to deal with a bitterly divided country. Get em on record for whatever thats worth. After Nov 2 it'll be too late

8. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    That's not a bad idea but politicians aren't too likely point out the fact some people (in this case nearly half the populace) do not like them or their ideals.

But I would still like to see it. We'd probably hear Bush say "get on the bus" and Kerry would sputter out vague retorts riddled with hollow promises of yet another unrealistic plan to solve it.

I’m hoping that after the election, things will calm down and we can refocus on the war.

9. Mainframe

Mainframe Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Seriously.. 'Cause even on this board, unity is not an option.. nor does it look like its even considered. "Libtard" (who thought of that anyways? thats stupid) DemoRat (nows that a bit more creative) and apparently even the word "liberal" is a bad word now. The other side has their own set of phrases and words they use to thats just as insulting. "CONservative" ..."Bushtard" (again with the 'tard after the name. stupid) etc.. I dont get it.. seems like you all wont be happy til we all kill each other or completely end up in a civil war.

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I really didn't think this board was a serious reflection of how serious things were states-side, is the divide really that bad?