Civil War In Iraq?

M

Mainframe

Could it happen? Is it likely? Are the elections going to bring that under control.. or make it worse? Your thoughts..

No telling! I think that is why Bush wants to ally the Iraqis against the arab fighters who are killing more Iraqis than anyone one now. If they can ally with each other to throw out the REAL enemy ,they may join together as one. Liberals and Kerry do not appear to see the brilliance of this strategy. They would rather have a bunch of countries come in and pick up the bones of Iraq.

If they do have a civil war ,they won't be the first democracy to do so. I know a great democracy that had a bloody civil war and survived to become even better!

great point, using an example of our own events to compare the outcome. nice. :) i believe thats a viable outcome.

but, im not sure either.. honestly, im not 100% sure if these elections are going to help or hurt. im for them, of course, but im just not sure if its going to make the difference thats hoped for. i am hoping tho.

^^ i didn't want to be the one to say that...

but its pretty divided right now.

I've been waiting for a debate where both candidates are asked how they plan to deal with a bitterly divided country. Get em on record for whatever thats worth. After Nov 2 it'll be too late

That's not a bad idea but politicians aren't too likely point out the fact some people (in this case nearly half the populace) do not like them or their ideals.

But I would still like to see it. We'd probably hear Bush say "get on the bus" and Kerry would sputter out vague retorts riddled with hollow promises of yet another unrealistic plan to solve it.

I’m hoping that after the election, things will calm down and we can refocus on the war.

dilloduck said:
I've been waiting for a debate where both candidates are asked how they plan to deal with a bitterly divided country. Get em on record for whatever thats worth. After Nov 2 it'll be too late

Seriously.. 'Cause even on this board, unity is not an option.. nor does it look like its even considered. "Libtard" (who thought of that anyways? thats stupid) DemoRat (nows that a bit more creative) and apparently even the word "liberal" is a bad word now. The other side has their own set of phrases and words they use to thats just as insulting. "CONservative" ..."Bushtard" (again with the 'tard after the name. stupid) etc.. I dont get it.. seems like you all wont be happy til we all kill each other or completely end up in a civil war.

drowe said:
You know, I’m glad I’m not the only one harboring a shade of concern over this domestic situation.

I really didn't think this board was a serious reflection of how serious things were states-side, is the divide really that bad?

Said1 said:
I really didn't think this board was a serious reflection of how serious things were states-side, is the divide really that bad?

You know things are getting bad when the VP tells a senator to f*** off on the senate floor.

Said1 said:

Both sides are really riled up. the extremes of both party have talked of rebellion. Bully has mentioned plans for rebellion if The President is reelected. and i know weves seen conservative extremists talking about suceding South Carolina if Kerry wins. We have liberals writing books on how to assasinate the President. Republican headquarters in several swing states being vandalized and even shot up. there is some major tension. we are in a powderkeg and i just dont know when its going to explode.

Oh come on... really guys. The USA is no where near violent revolution -- yet. It will be at least another 5 years before we get to that point, and probably more like 20, if ever.

As for civil war in Iraq - it's a sure thing. It's happening right now. The only issue is how wide spread it will become.

As long as the USA is building long term military bases in Iraq, there really can be no peace in that country. The Islamic world will see this as continued occupation, and will not accept it.

wade said:
Oh come on... really guys. The USA is no where near violent revolution -- yet. It will be at least another 5 years before we get to that point, and probably more like 20, if ever.

As for civil war in Iraq - it's a sure thing. It's happening right now. The only issue is how wide spread it will become.

As long as the USA is building long term military bases in Iraq, there really can be no peace in that country. The Islamic world will see this as continued occupation, and will not accept it.

One can hope its far away. im not as sure. There is too much rabid Bush hatred and as i pointed out there are people extremists on both sides talking about rebellion depending on who is elected.

As for what the is Islamtic world sees us as, i couldnt care less. I just want the terrorists taken care of.

al-queda, iran and syria sure want civil war, and they'll do anything to make it happen. these are the folks who bring you such attempts towards this nightmarish goals like blowing up 35 kids in line to get candy, slaughtering aid workers treating sick Iraqis, blowing up mosques where people are praying to God to get them through the troubles, etc etc.

Forum List

Back