Civil war hero to receive CMoH

• Banned
when obama accepted the nobel peace prize, he at least had the dignity to admit that the people who have been "fighting" for peace on the streets deserved it more than him.

what about some official recognition for the people who had the strength of conviction to non-violently stand against oppression and warfare?

the world lost one of those unsung heros last year when william thomas, author of "proposition one for nuclear disarmament" passed away. he was the man who began the vigil for peace in front of the white house in 1981.

what can or should we do to honor the works of people like that?

when obama accepted the nobel peace prize, he at least had the dignity to admit that the people who have been "fighting" for peace on the streets deserved it more than him.

what about some official recognition for the people who had the strength of conviction to non-violently stand against oppression and warfare?

the world lost one of those unsung heros last year when william thomas, author of "proposition one for nuclear disarmament" passed away. he was the man who began the vigil for peace in front of the white house in 1981.

what can or should we do to honor the works of people like that?

How about we just give everybody a medal and be done with it?

• Banned
actually with bill thomas, i was thinking that getting the nuclear disarmament legislation passed would be much more fitting than a medal.

and what happened to those e-commerce tips you offered? was i too slow on the draw?

Cushing's artillery were critical in repulsing Pickets Charge..

The award is long overdue....good to hear he finally was recognized

Many brave men died that day

It took nearly 150 years, but your Country has finally honored you Alonzo.

AP – First Lt. Alonzo Cushing, shown in an undated photo provided by the Wisconsin Historical Society

actually with bill thomas, i was thinking that getting the nuclear disarmament legislation passed would be much more fitting than a medal.

and what happened to those e-commerce tips you offered? was i too slow on the draw?

Or, we could just gift wrap the country and hand it to China. That would be quicker, and cheaper.

Why on earth would we want to pass ND legislation just to say 'thanks' to some idiot? That makes as much sense as 'do it for Teddy' with that crap Wealth Redistribution bill that y'all call 'Health Care Reform'.

Oops, I forgot to read that PM. Sorry. I'll do it now.

Forum List

Back