Civil Unions: A Step Foward

"State" means both the State of (say, NY) and "government". Marriage is a creature of statute and, according to Marriage Equity for All, confers 1,324 property rights with it. And if someone can be "married" in a church, then the Church but only have a civil union elsewhere... then religion is usurping a secular right.

For the record, I don't care to say I was "civil unioned"....I was married. And gays should have the same right to say that as I do.

All you're proving to me is that you're seeing what you want to see instead of what I've written.

I know what "state" means. I'm also pretty sure couples were joining together when the "state" consisted of getting the tribal chief or holy man's blessing for the union. This would predate statutes by a good deal of time. But regardless that's a stupid argument to be having.

I haven't addressed how things are now, I've given my idea for a solution. If you want to argue why my idea is flawed by all means tear it up, but so far you're holding up examples that aren't mine so I'm not going to bother to engage.

And for the record I don't care what you care to say. Say whatever you want. You can have a tea party with imaginary friends and call it dining with the Queen for all I care. If you want to tell me why what I have proposed isn't equitable to someone/group then I would care to hear that.

and frankly, i don't care that someone who really isn't very knowledgeable doesn't want to listen and learn.

so it's cool.

Cop out. Big surprise. You can't make your point, so you tell her she's stupid.

Pure class, per usual.

Pure class, per usual.

In case you've never noticed, I treat people with the respect they deserve. Not knowing things isn't stupid. Not wanting to learn is. And I'm afraid rude children like her don't get treated wth respect. And why would I waste any further time on her?

i do look forward to your highness chastizing her for her rudeness despite being given a number of polite responses. So take your head out of your butt.

Thanks.

No, you don't treat people with respect unless they agree with you. If they don't agree with you, you treat them with contempt and pretend they're not as intelligent as you are, and refuse to engage.

As I've said before I'll bet that works great in the courtroom.

Oh wait...you don't go there, do you?

No, you don't treat people with respect unless they agree with you. If they don't agree with you, you treat them with contempt and pretend they're not as intelligent as you are, and refuse to engage.

As I've said before I'll bet that works great in the courtroom.

Oh wait...you don't go there, do you?

Allie, I'm not bothered by it. They try to frame things in a certain way to gain an advantage. When you refuse to go along with it they go to tactics like these. I'm here to discuss issues not peoples personal preferences and as far as being treated the way I am because I'm young, no problem, I'm used to it. It just rolls off because I know it's something they're resorting to because they don't have anything better to say. If they did have something better they'd use that instead of my age.

:lol: nice spin

Thank you! taking bow*

But think about it. The state has no problem sharing use of the term marriage with churches or whomever wants to use it. It's just a small group of religious organizations who are whining that when the state calls a civil union between homosexuals a marriage it somehow degrades their own marriage ceremony. :cuckoo:

It it bugs these churches so much, they are perfectly free to go make up some other word to call their marriage ritual.

But this presumption that they are the word police is laughable.

Pure class, per usual.

In case you've never noticed, I treat people with the respect they deserve. Not knowing things isn't stupid. Not wanting to learn is. And I'm afraid rude children like her don't get treated wth respect. And why would I waste any further time on her?

i do look forward to your highness chastizing her for her rudeness despite being given a number of polite responses. So take your head out of your butt.

Thanks.

While I agree with both your side on the issue of the topic and the concepts you post here, I don't find Amanda as rude as many think, naive at times (but then many twice my age are). In this instance is a clear case of misunderstanding, she actually agrees here on the topic, but like I often do, her wording was poor.

Forum List

Back