Civil Servants under attack by the Right Wing.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Firefighters? Cops? Emergency Workers? Teachers? Librarians?

Ugh..

It would take one of them..nearly 100 years to get make annual bonuses of a good number of CEOs.

Last edited by a moderator:
tissue?

only the simpleminded believe that one segment of the population, be it public service workers or banker, is solely responsible for the crash.

Firefighters, cops and teachers are state and local employees, not federal bureaucrats.

Get a new scare tactic, because this dog don't hunt.

:lol:

Well since your off the grid and don't pay taxes..I guess you don't get how the whole thing works.

Firefighters, cops and teachers are state and local employees, not federal bureaucrats.

:lol:

Well since your off the grid and don't pay taxes..I guess you don't get how the whole thing works.
Wrong. He's off the grid because he understands exactly how it works.

When are you gonna' wake up?

Ugh..

It would take one of them..nearly 100 years to get make annual bonuses of a good number of CEOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyCHV3DSQZE

I believe those civil servants took their jobs knowing what their compensation would be.
If they chose to, the could have done what was necessary to become a well paid CEO.

Are you saying that they made a bad choice by opting the career they chose?

Or are you saying that the CEO's made the right choice when opting for the career they chose?

FBI, CIA, FDA, FCC (gotta keep those naked breasts off the airways),ATF, ICE, NSA, Federal Parole & Probation, CO's @ Federal Prisons, US Attorneys, etc, and the support staff, clerks, custodians, IT, etc.
In your mind who are the "federal bureaucrats"?

Just some liberal loons scared to death they might lose their gold-laden diamond encrusted benefit and retirement package.
Geez...maybe fed workers should not have 12 holiday paid days off a year, plus 5 weeks off - and only have to work 30 years.

Ugh..

I believe those civil servants took their jobs knowing what their compensation would be.
If they chose to, the could have done what was necessary to become a well paid CEO.

Or are you saying that the CEO's made the right choice when opting for the career they chose?

The fact is some chose a career to serve and protect, others chose a career to serve themselves. Who is worth and actually earns a bonus of one or two or ten million dollars? How much is someone worth who puts themselves in harms way to save another.

Altruism is a total myth and strawman.

Egoistic Motives for Helping Others
The case against altruism can be very persuasive because we can benefit in many ways from helping others. Some ways are obvious, as when we get paid or praised for what we do, or escape punishment or censure. Even when we help in the absence of external rewards, we may still benefit. As Mandeville suggested, seeing someone in distress—the babe ready to drop into the fire—may cause us distress, and we help because it relieves our distress. Or we may help to feel good about ourselves for being kind. Or to escape feeling guilt and shame for being callous.
Even heroes and martyrs can benefit from their acts of apparent selflessness. Consider soldiers who save their comrades by diving on a grenade. They may have acted to escape anticipated guilt and shame for letting others die. Or to mgain the admiration and praise of those left behind—or rewards in an afterlife. Or they may simply have misjudged the situation, not realizing their actions would cost them their lives. The suggestion that heroic acts could be motivated by self-benefit may seem cynical, but it must be faced if we are to know whether altruism really exists.

Altruism: Myth or Reality? | in-mind.org

Last edited:

Ugh..

The fact is some chose a career to serve and protect, others chose a career to serve themselves. Who is worth and actually earns a bonus of one or two or ten million dollars? How much is someone worth who puts themselves in harms way to save another.

How much is someone worth who opts for a career that includes putting themselves in harms way?
I guess whatever they accept when they take the position.

I was a lifeguard. Made moderate wage.

My most dangerous save was when I was on vacation and not being paid.

I was a volunteer at the pit 20 hours after the planes hit. I was face to face with fire and falling debris as I helped seek survivors. I did not get paid and I did not even think of getting paid.

And finally...if you think MOST teachers take the jobs becuase they want to serve...start thinking in reality. If they truly wanted to serve, they would not charge 60 an hour to private tutor after calsses end. They would be free until at least 5PM...and free during the summer that normal everyday workers never get off.

The case against altruism can be very persuasive because we can benefit in many ways from helping others. Some ways are obvious, as when we get paid or praised for what we do, or escape punishment or censure. Even when we help in the absence of external rewards, we may still benefit. As Mandeville suggested, seeing someone in distress—the babe ready to drop into the fire—may cause us distress, and we help because it relieves our distress. Or we may help to feel good about ourselves for being kind. Or to escape feeling guilt and shame for being callous.
Even heroes and martyrs can benefit from their acts of apparent selflessness. Consider soldiers who save their comrades by diving on a grenade. They may have acted to escape anticipated guilt and shame for letting others die. Or to mgain the admiration and praise of those left behind—or rewards in an afterlife. Or they may simply have misjudged the situation, not realizing their actions would cost them their lives. The suggestion that heroic acts could be motivated by self-benefit may seem cynical, but it must be faced if we are to know whether altruism really exists.

Does true altruism exist? Might we ask if evil exists too? Are the callous conservatives simply a product of a liberal minded persons imagination, or do real people actually exist who can avoid congnitve dissonence and allow a child to suffer from a curable disease because of cost?
I'm not sure what motivates some people to care for others, but it's pretty clear to me that greed motivates some to disregard the needs of others, with a callous disregard.

You don't think federal bureaucracies have people who do the actual work ? Who does it then? Fairies?

Does true altruism exist? Might we ask if evil exists too? Are the callous conservatives simply a product of a liberal minded persons imagination, or do real people actually exist who can avoid congnitve dissonence and allow a child to suffer from a curable disease because of cost?
I'm not sure what motivates some people to care for others, but it's pretty clear to me that greed motivates some to disregard the needs of others, with a callous disregard.

Child suffer from a curable disease?
Why do I keep hearing that talking point but never really hear about it happening on the news?

You don't think federal bureaucracies have people who do the actual work ? Who does it then? Fairies?
The propaganda piece in the OP is from AFSCME.

Again I ask, what do the letters "SCM" in AFSCME stand for?

Forum List

Back