Civil rights veterans: Today's hate rhetoric is deja vu

LOL, poor Miss Hayden, she better lock herself up in her house, them right wingers are EVERYWHERE and they be SCARY..

good gawd almighty, this CRAP coming from CNN..what a joke they have become..:lol::lol:

Last edited:
No, overwhelmingly most of the right wingers today are the namby pambies being yelled at by the drill sargeant psychologist on TV. The color "blue" makes them sad. :lol:

A few are dangerous, but if the ran into the bad of the left and the right in the sixties? They would wet their depends and faint.

Trajan and that ilk have not offered anything worthwhile to discuss. Name calling does not get anywhere with me, and I generally ignore the loons left and right who do it.

Now can someone offer a good argument that we are not seeing the same nonsense again from the right and left that we saw back then.

No, overwhelmingly most of the right wingers today are the namby pambies being yelled at by the drill sargeant psychologist on TV. The color "blue" makes them sad. :lol:

A few are dangerous, but if the ran into the bad of the left and the right in the sixties? They would wet their depends and faint.

:cuckoo:

I was talking about small town South on an angle from Chattanooga (I love that town!) to your burg to Houston. I travel those roads quite a bit, RadiomanATL. The big cities have come a long long way. I have been told Montgomery is a good place to live for everybody. Who ever woulda thought it?

I live in a small town outside of Atlanta. Grew up, and still visit at least twice a year, small town in the Florida panhandle. Still don't see it any more than at any other time since I became an adult.

thots cuz U in it, liv' in it.....dun bred bies it....nah get ur wool cap ond let go skeeter huntin'...

Thats hillbilly language. We're more southern drawl down here.

Trajan and that ilk have not offered anything worthwhile to discuss. Name calling does not get anywhere with me, and I generally ignore the loons left and right who do it.

Now can someone offer a good argument that we are not seeing the same nonsense again from the right and left that we saw back then.

Yep, blue makes you sad. A real Republican doesn't worry about it. What: you upset that call out the name callers. Get over yourself, Yurt.

Yep, blue makes you sad. A real Republican doesn't worry about it. What: you upset that call out the name callers. Get over yourself, Yurt.

you're the one who needs to get over himself....to try and take this high road - i'm above insults and name calling - and then to name call and insult is truly hilarious

really, it is....

Then let's all start again, if you believe that I have misbehaved.

Let's be civil.

Neither the righties or the lefties are anywhere in the league of the bad boys and girls of both sides almost 50 years.

Recognizing and calling out bigotry does not make one a bigot.

This is an issue I have with both sides accusing the responsible and reasonable calling out of the other side for bigotry as being bigotry itself.

It is not.

It does when you only recognize the bigotry when it suits some sort of point you want to score. Like Jesse Jackson and the NAACP calling out the bigotry of Paul LePAge in not attending MLK events, and ignoring the fact that he has a black son, and not calling out the bigotry of groups like the Congressional Black Caucus. Then we have Glenn Beck running around pointing out that affirmative action is discrimination, and he ignores the fact that the Mormon Church still excludes blacks from complete access to church activities.

What activities does the Mormon Church exclude blacks from?

Racism in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons)

Blacks are still effectively prohibited from membership in the Council of Twelve that runs the church, the Seventy, and the Presiding High Council.

Forum List

Back