Civil rights veterans: Today's hate rhetoric is deja vu

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Civil rights veterans: Today's hate rhetoric is deja vu - CNN.com

Hayden said that when she retired to Tucson, she never expected to experience the dread she once felt as a civil rights worker in Mississippi.

But in recent months, she said she had felt a familiar sense of foreboding.

She said she saw hundreds of Tea Party members shout down Giffords at a town hall meeting. She saw scores of ordinary Arizonans openly carry guns around town. She noted the rising ethnic strife.

"I told people, this is the new Mississippi," Hayden said. "This is where the focus of the resurgence of right-wing hostility is located."

Hayden said that when she retired to Tucson, she never expected to experience the dread she once felt as a civil rights worker in Mississippi.

She said she saw hundreds of Tea Party members shout down Giffords at a town hall meeting. She saw scores of ordinary Arizonans openly carry guns around town. She noted the rising ethnic strife.

"I told people, this is the new Mississippi," Hayden said. "This is where the focus of the resurgence of right-wing hostility is located."

:rolleyes:

Take away their civil rights, to protect your civil rights.

Doesn't sound like a civil rights veteran to me, it sounds like a progessive who wants to silence debate.

Yeah, there is a lot of shouting, and hate groups are on the rise. But the violence (even with the Tucson tragedy) is nothing like it was in the fifties and sixties. Yet. Time will tell.

How is providing for one's own self-defense hate rhetoric?
Only in a libtard's mind.

BTW, they are talking about passing open carry in Florida..........Sweet!!!

The 2nd Amendment is our right until we amend it out, and I certainly hope we don't.

Hate groups rise up? The good citizens and government officials will kill them. End of problem.

Franky anyone who tries to compare today to then is clearly FULL of shit and wasn't there then! lol

Not even close.

In fact most of the so called Hate Rhetoric I have been hearing isn't coming from the Right, and it has nothing to do with Race. It is the Hateful, Spiteful speech of those on the Left who Hate anyone who does not worship at the alter of Obama and do what ever the Far left wants with out question.

Last edited:
I agree with much of what you say, Charles, but here in the land of hospitality, yeah, most of the hate speech is from country whitey from the Florida/Georgia red clay hills of the panhandle all the way to the nations in Oklahoma south through East Texas down to the gulf. From Atlanta and Chattanooga to Houson, small town white America is not happy.

Nothing wrong with carry conceal. Just don't blow your or your neighbor's foot off.

How is providing for one's own self-defense hate rhetoric?
Only in a libtard's mind.

BTW, they are talking about passing open carry in Florida..........Sweet!!!

Self Defense ??:eek::eek:

Looks like it's time for the leftist retards who have flooded (and incidentally, ruined) Arizona to flock back to the east and LA. I wish the same thing would happen in Oregon.

I agree with much of what you say, Charles, but here in the land of hospitality, yeah, most of the hate speech is from country whitey from the Florida/Georgia red clay hills of the panhandle all the way to the nations in Oklahoma south through East Texas down to the gulf. From Atlanta and Chattanooga to Houson, small town white America is not happy.

Don't see it here.

I was talking about small town South on an angle from Chattanooga (I love that town!) to your burg to Houston. I travel those roads quite a bit, RadiomanATL. The big cities have come a long long way. I have been told Montgomery is a good place to live for everybody. Who ever woulda thought it?

I was talking about small town South on an angle from Chattanooga (I love that town!) to your burg to Houston. I travel those roads quite a bit, RadiomanATL. The big cities have come a long long way. I have been told Montgomery is a good place to live for everybody. Who ever woulda thought it?

I live in a small town outside of Atlanta. Grew up, and still visit at least twice a year, small town in the Florida panhandle. Still don't see it any more than at any other time since I became an adult.

Forum List

Back