"Civil rights icon"

One of the original Freedom Riders, one of the organizers of the March on Washington, as well as the 3rd Chairman and founding member of SNCC....

Yeah, I'd say "Civil Rights Icon" fits pretty well.

One of the original Freedom Riders, one of the organizers of the March on Washington, as well as the 3rd Chairman and founding member of SNCC....

I think you have a low standard for the word icon.

But the point is that the media is trying to frame this guy as so revered. They shouldn't be inserting themselves into the news.

But the point is that the media is trying to frame this guy as so revered. They shouldn't be inserting themselves into the news.

:lol:

I think you might just not know what you're talking about.

There's no doubt that John Lewis is a "Civil Rights icon" - and there's nothing biased about calling him one.

There's no doubt that John Lewis is a "Civil Rights icon" - and there's nothing biased about calling him one.

This schmuck is no icon. And of course they're selling him as having a moral high ground by introducing him as such.

Anyone backing Farrakhan should never have the title of Icon!

What are you babbling about, exactly?

Farrakhan is Trump supporter.

John Lewis had never "backed" Farrakhan or the NOI.

Just goes to show that the far left does not check facts!

So Lewis was against the million man march?

The NAACP never endorsed Farrakhan?

NAACP backs Farrakhan

See how the far left drones promote others without knowing their background?

This schmuck is no icon. And of course they're selling him as having a moral high ground by introducing him as such.

Whatever you say, clown shoes. I'm sure he's very upset that some moron on a messageboard thinks he's not an "icon".

He does have the moral high ground, of course. He earned it with his own blood and tears while Donald Trump lived large on his father's dime.

NAACP backs Farrakhan

John Lewis did not attend the Million Man March, and in fact vocally criticized Farrakhan at the time.

Nor was Lewis invovled with the NAACP in 1994.

NAACP backs Farrakhan

John Lewis did not attend the Million Man March, and in fact vocally criticized Farrakhan at the time.

Found this in the far left NYTimes:

John Lewis, a Democratic Congressman from Georgia who had been a major figure in the civil rights struggle of the 1960's but who shunned today's march, said he found Mr. Farrakhan's speech one of "moderation."

"He did, near the end of the speech, throw out the olive branch to the Jewish community," said Mr. Lewis, who had led the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. "I thought that was encouraging. And he reached out to established and mainstream organizations and suggested people join them. He appealed to those of us who stayed away. For the most part, it was a speech to the African-American community."

THE MARCH ON WASHINGTON: THE REACTION;With Farrakhan Speaking, a Chorus of G.O.P. Critics Joins In

NAACP backs Farrakhan

John Lewis, a Democratic Congressman from Georgia who had been a major figure in the civil rights struggle of the 1960's but who shunned today's march, said he found Mr. Farrakhan's speech one of "moderation."

"He did, near the end of the speech, throw out the olive branch to the Jewish community," said Mr. Lewis, who had led the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. "I thought that was encouraging. And he reached out to established and mainstream organizations and suggested people join them. He appealed to those of us who stayed away. For the most part, it was a speech to the African-American community."

THE MARCH ON WASHINGTON: THE REACTION;With Farrakhan Speaking, a Chorus of G.O.P. Critics Joins In

Are you really deluded enough to think that that quote supports your claim that Lewis "backed" Farrakhan?

NAACP backs Farrakhan

Are you really deluded enough to think that that quote supports your claim that Lewis "backed" Farrakhan?

He did back him, it is there in black and white, but only a far left drone would see otherwise!

In 1964, John Lewis, the future congressman, happened to run into Malcolm X in Nairobi. Lewis remembers Malcolm telling him "in a calm, measured way he was convinced that somebody wanted him killed." He kept extending his stay abroad, before finally flying back to the US. Louis Farrakhan released a public statement: "Such a man as Malcolm X is worthy of death." Years later, Farrakhan admitted that he'd "helped contribute to the atmosphere that led to the assassination of Malcolm X."

John Lewis on Homeland Security

NAACP backs Farrakhan

He did back him, it is there in black and white, but only a far left drone would see otherwise!

In 1964, John Lewis, the future congressman, happened to run into Malcolm X in Nairobi. Lewis remembers Malcolm telling him "in a calm, measured way he was convinced that somebody wanted him killed." He kept extending his stay abroad, before finally flying back to the US. Louis Farrakhan released a public statement: "Such a man as Malcolm X is worthy of death." Years later, Farrakhan admitted that he'd "helped contribute to the atmosphere that led to the assassination of Malcolm X."

Keep digging, this is fun to watch.

NAACP backs Farrakhan

Keep digging, this is fun to watch.

Of course the far left will never admit they are wrong, they would much rather watch the world burn that to admit that!

So far two posts proving my comments and two posts of the far left drones denying reality!

If he was a true Icon he would reach out and help Trump with inner cities, instead he acted like a two year old, like all far left drones do!

Whatever you say, clown shoes. I'm sure he's very upset that some moron on a messageboard thinks he's not an "icon".

He does have the moral high ground, of course. He earned it with his own blood and tears while Donald Trump lived large on his father's dime.

You can have the opinion if you choose. But the idea that you think the media should project is preposterous.

Forum List

Back