Civil Rights act of 1964

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Ohh look here are the votes. Notice most republicans voted FOR it and a lrge number of democrats voted AGAINST it.

Jillian? Remind us again how Southern Democrats left the party over this but went to a party that was MORE in favor of it then the party they supposedly left?

By party

The original House version:[7]

* Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
* Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

The Senate version:[7]

* Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%-31%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[7]

* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
* Republican Party: 136-35 (80%-20%)

Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup!

The Dixiecrates certainly were opposed to that bill.

The Democratic Party doesn't want to remember that once THEY were the party of Jim Crow and the Republican Party was the LIBERAL PARTY.

Careful now... You guys are going to be labeled racists. liars, etc... because that is not what they are taught in school, even though it is true.

Gotta love public education!!!! LOL Another thriving government program.... LOL

Careful now... You guys are going to be labeled racists. liars, etc... because that is not what they are taught in school, even though it is true.

It was taught in my school. From Lincoln until the civil rights era, the Republicans enjoyed a membership of the more liberal. Now the Dems do.

What this has to do with anything is a mystery.

It was taught in my school. From Lincoln until the civil rights era, the Republicans enjoyed a membership of the more liberal. Now the Dems do.

What this has to do with anything is a mystery.

This has to do with Jillian and others claiming the Southern democrats deserted the party to join the republican party over the civil rights act.

This has to do with Jillian and others claiming the Southern democrats deserted the party to join the republican party over the civil rights act.

It was a bit slower than that. I think it started after FDR that the Dems became more liberal and the Republicans more regressive. Around the time of George Wallace I think is when the drift was over.

It was a bit slower than that. I think it started after FDR that the Dems became more liberal and the Republicans more regressive. Around the time of George Wallace I think is when the drift was over.

1964. The southern Democrats did not abandon the party at all. And the sure as hell did not leave over civil rights just to join the party that supported it even more so then the democratic party.

1964. The southern Democrats did not abandon the party at all. And the sure as hell did not leave over civil rights just to join the party that supported it even more so then the democratic party.

Here, read up on them.

Dixiecrat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are still a lot of Democrats in the south that are actually pretty regressive. They like to vote in local elections and in the primaries. But that is slowly changing as well.

LOL

The Dixiecrats broke from the Democratic party because of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and became Republicans ...

And the South has been Republican dominated ever since ....

LOL

Jillian? Remind us again how Southern Democrats left the party over this but went to a party that was MORE in favor of it then the party they supposedly left?

LBJ a truly great man, it was the voters they lost RGS and still lose.

LBJ: Still Casting a Long Shadow

"There were programs designed to reduce the conditions of poverty in which too many Americans were trapped. He stunned many of his old constituents by declaring war on poverty in the early days of his presidency. Although he had begun his career in Congress as a staunch supporter of Franklin D. Roosevelt, in the Senate, representing an entire conservative state, he had tacked to the right. And now he was committing his power to the cause of the poor. "Before I am through," he said, "no community in America will be able ever again to ignore the poverty in its midst.""

President Lyndon B. Johnson's Remarks in the Capitol Rotunda at the Signing of the Voting Rights Act August 6, 1965

RGS, you're fighting a losing battle. Why don't you just admit that whites have rights and say fuck all to the rest? 'Civil rights' my ass. All that means is whitey pay blackie. If you're so keen to kiss black ass, join the Democrats and be done with it. But quit fooling yourself into thinking Republicans love black people, because they don't, really. They just pretend to.

The GOP had introduced civil rights legislation at least once before (twice I think, going back into the 1950s), but it was sunk by the Dems each time :)

midcan5 ...."LBJ, a truly great man" did for poverty what he did for VietNam. The sad thing is we didn't have sense enough to withdraw from his anti-poverty plan in 1973 like we did VietNam.

A few more "truly great men" like LBJ and we won't have a country to worry about anymore.

Social ills skyrocketed after the war on poverty was implemented.

Out of wedlock births, drug use, unemployment, crime, illiteracy, gang violence, STD's, you name it. That's what happens when daddy is replaced by a welfare check, and kids grow up without a father.

Roast in hell, LBJ!

So you know which party was the more racist party back then. Now lets see how good you are at current events. Which party is the more racist party today.

a. democrats

b. republicans

So you know which party was the more racist party back then. Now lets see how good you are at current events. Which party is the more racist party today.

a. democrats

b. republicans

Democrats. They have taught and feed blacks with the notion they can not succeed. They have paid for their vote with welfare checks. Most Liberals are racist, they consider blacks as unable to take care of themselves and needing the Liberals to take care of them for their own good. Of course the same Liberals think most whites are to stupid to take care of themselves as well.

The liberals have sold this bill of goods about how if you want to teach people self reliance and personal responsibility you are a racist while ensuring they teach the opposite.

Democrats. They have taught and feed blacks with the notion they can not succeed. They have paid for their vote with welfare checks. Most Liberals are racist, they consider blacks as unable to take care of themselves and needing the Liberals to take care of them for their own good. Of course the same Liberals think most whites are to stupid to take care of themselves as well.

The liberals have sold this bill of goods about how if you want to teach people self reliance and personal responsibility you are a racist while ensuring they teach the opposite.

i'm liberal and I think blacks are able to take care of themselves. In fact, I think they deserve the exact same rights as white republicans. OMG, mind blowing!

i'm liberal and I think blacks are able to take care of themselves. In fact, I think they deserve the exact same rights as white republicans. OMG, mind blowing!

And of course you have never claimed republicans are all idiots and stupid, right? You have never claimed Liberals are smarter and better able to run the Country then Republicans?

In other words, blacks deserve the second class citizenship you want to give Republicans, thanks for playing though.

a. democrats

b. republicans

Democrats. Affirmative action, AKA Racism de jure. Democrats are the some old tired pieces of racist shit they have always been. They just use the media propaganda machine better to represent themselves. A trick they and the Jews have used for far too long.

“I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” -- Lyndon Johnson.

Remarking on his signing into law affirmative racism.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back