City's hate of religion taken to Supreme Court

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
The case stems from a 2006 non-binding resolution from the San Francisco Board of Supervisors that called the Catholic Church's teachings "an insult to all San Franciscans" and accused the Vatican of being a "foreign country" that "meddles with and attempts to negatively influence this great city's existing and established customs and traditions."
City's hate of religion taken to Supreme Court

I cant seem to get over the irony of a city named after a Catholic Saint being so hostile to Catholicism.

until the leadership of the RCC admits in role in the world wide pedo ring it ran I don't see why they should be given any different treatment than what they are getting

IF YOU BOTHER TO READ THE ARTICLE....

"A city's official condemnation of Roman Catholic Church teachings as "discriminatory," "insulting," "callous" and "defamatory" is being taken to the U.S. Supreme Court because of the Constitution's requirement that government not be "hostile" to faith."

What they object to is teachings that are "discriminatory," "insulting," "callous" and "defamatory".

I would hope that we all object to those things.

San Francisco has its faults.... one of them is the San Andreas. And they can kiss my Catholic ass. I'm tired of atheists and their hate campaign against religion. On the plus side, they'll all burn in Hell! Yay God!

I cant seem to get over the irony of a city named after a Catholic Saint being so hostile to Catholicism.

:eusa_shhh: They'll decide to rename it. :lol: I'd vote for Hell as a new name. Dump of a city anyway. Large rat population.... many are elected officials.

San Francisco has its faults.... one of them is the San Andreas. And they can kiss my Catholic ass. I'm tired of atheists and their hate campaign against religion. On the plus side, they'll all burn in Hell! Yay God!

Lol you complain about one group's hate campaign, then cheer about 75% of the world's population burning in hell. Certainly no hate in that mindset.

I was born and raised a catholic, which is the main reason when I became an adult I dropped it. The more you know about it the scarier and more ridiculous it is.

I guess San Francisco thinks the 1st Amendment no longer applies to them?
The city isn't congress

The 1st Amendment applies to ALL Americans and to ALL Governments inside the United States. Or are you claiming the Constitution only applies to Congress?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Perhaps you were thinking of something like my proposed amendment from a while back?

Or maybe you're just an idiot?

The city isn't congress

The 1st Amendment applies to ALL Americans and to ALL Governments inside the United States. Or are you claiming the Constitution only applies to Congress?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Perhaps you were thinking of something like my proposed amendment from a while back?

So in your twisted little mind State and local Governments can make any law regarding religion they choose? Might want to RETHINK that position.

All Catholics are mentally retarded

You cannot be literate and honestly believe in Catholicism

Scapulars, indulgences, a church structure mirroring the Roman empire... all directly at odds with biblical teachings.

Catholicism Verses The Bible

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible - Times Online

The Roman Catholic "Church" is Not Christian

"Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -Jesus, Mark 7:9

See you in the lake of fire (not hell, you stupid bitch- everyone goes to hell/hades/Abraham's Bosom prior to the rapture- it's just a matter if which side off the divide you're on during the wait) CG

CG will spend eternity in Gehenna along with all those she wishes to see burn

Maybe if you're good, Cali, you can get thrown into the Outer Darkness instead :lol:

So in your twisted little mind State and local Governments can make any law regarding religion they choose? Might want to RETHINK that position.

You're the one who needs a 2oo-year-old piece of skin to tell him what's right or wrong.

I don't give a damn what COTUS says on the issue.

Lol you complain about one group's hate campaign, then cheer about 75% of the world's population burning in hell. Certainly no hate in that mindset.

I was born and raised a catholic, which is the main reason when I became an adult I dropped it. The more you know about it the scarier and more ridiculous it is.

I don't 'hate' atheists, nor do I 'hate' the population of San Francisco. I'm just mighty tired of idiots not being able to live and let live. I couldn't give a rats ass about them, yet they seem bound and determined to vent about me. Your hysterical hyperbole is funny.

Forum List

Back