City University of Hong Kong Academic Survey

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

A group of researchers from the Department of Media and Communication, City University of Hong Kong are conducting a study on the use of online forums for political discussions across the world. They have contacted us and asked permission to conduct their research using the US Message Board community. No personal information is gathered (real name, address, residence, IP, email address etc) in the survey.

Below you will find all the details on how you can participate in the study if you are interested.

================================================== =======
Invitation letter

Dear USMessageBoard users,

We are a group of researchers from the Department of Media and Communication, City University of Hong Kong. Our research team is conducting a study on the use of online forums for political discussions across the world.

With the kind permission of US Message Board and its Admin, we wish to solicit users of this forum to participate in a brief web survey. Your answers would be able to help us better understand people’s online discussion behavioral patterns. I hope that you will take a little time to participate in this brief web survey. The whole survey will take about 10 minutes of your time.

Your answers and personal information will be completely confidential. The results of the survey will be analyzed and reported in aggregate, so no one will link you to your responses.

To complete the survey, please go to the URL below and then follow the survey instructions.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BSZRVXW

Thank you in advance for your participation in this important project. If you have any questions about the administration of the survey, please contact Chris Shen at +852 3442-5965 or [email protected].

Sincerely,
Hai
==============================END================= ========

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets get some participation folks. Don't be scurred :) After the study we will be posting up the results. In the meantime stand by for a video by one of the researchers. It should be up in a day or 2.

Jump in, it takes no more than minutes. Again, the only personal info you provide is your username. This will benefit not only the research team, but also the forums.

Thanks everyone!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Jump in, it takes no more than minutes. Again, the only personal info you provide is your username.This will benefit not only the research team, but also the forums.

Thanks everyone!!

Question:

How will it benefit this forum?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Lets get some participation folks. Don't be scurred :) After the study we will be posting up the results. In the meantime stand by for a video by one of the researchers. It should be up in a day or 2.

Jump in, it takes no more than minutes. Again, the only personal info you provide is your username. This will benefit not only the research team, but also the forums.

Thanks everyone!!

Not true. It asked for my age and income. Both I would consider personal. Either way, i took the survey.

Jump in, it takes no more than minutes. Again, the only personal info you provide is your username.This will benefit not only the research team, but also the forums.

Thanks everyone!!

Question:

How will it benefit this forum?
Great question! It may help us to build a better forum when we have some stats on how people such as yourself like to use these types of Forums.

Knowing how a community uses this forum is priceless. Maybe we won't get anything out of the study, or perhaps we will learn something new that we never even thought about. There's no harm in gaining more knowledge or being assured you are heading in the right direction.

...and no we are not getting any type of financial returns on this. It would be nice, but it's not the case :)

To those that participated thank you!

Done.

And I actually learned a few things, since I had to Google a couple of questions. :tongue:

But the point was NOT to google :p

Really, I think they were attempting to gauge how 'informed' we were BUT I dont like the subjects/wording of q. 25.

Then:
Do you think the least liked group should be allowed to?

Free speech anyone, lol

Thank you for taking this survey
Now take more surveys for your chance
to win, and earn money for charity!

Join SurveyMonkey Contribute, it's free
Take surveys, stand to win $100 each time
And generate $0.50 for a charity of your choice

one's enough ...

Last edited:
I noticed you can take it as "non-member", making it harder to connect the info to a particular person. But then, I don't care if they know I'm real. The questions for which I did not know the answers, I just left blank.

My only disappointment was that they gave me no opportunity to say:

Obama is a goddamned Marxist!
.....asaratis said that......

Thanks to everyone who's participated so far! They are working on a video that should be up next week for everyone.

done...

for "least liked group", I hadda go with "other"... and fill in the blank with "stupid people who can't think for themselves"...

and, no... I don't think stupid people who can't think for themselves should hold public office or teach in schools...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back