City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

Illinois City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

WASHINGTON -- The city council of Freeport, Ill., approved a resolution Monday evening that will call on presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to step in and save roughly 170 local jobs being outsourced by a company owned by Bain Capital .

Last year, Massachusetts-based Sensata Technologies announced that it was closing its Freeport plant by the end of 2012 and shipping the jobs to China. The U.S. positions, the company claimed, would be phased out gradually. Sensata Technologies makes sensors and controls that are used in aircraft and automobiles.

The resolution organized by Sensata employees calls on Romney -- who co-founded Bain -- to "come to Freeport to meet the people directly affected by Bain Capital's outsourcing and to step in and stop the outsourcing of these jobs from Freeport to China."
Right you want to create a side show so you can green energy dollar china once more...

You guys always with the low life moves.

The thread isn't about Immelt. And while Obama doesn't mention Immelt by name, Obama talks about reforming the tax code to specifically get rid of loopholes that favor offshoring. Romney has not done that.

And Romney could publically ask that Bain not do this..

Simple as that.

Barry could publically ask GE not to oursource also.

Simple as that.

Since Obama took office..manufacturing jobs have been returning to the United States.

And if Obamacare goes fully into effect, they'll go right back overseas.

obama should ask GE to stop outsourcing and tell them no more government money until they do. Romney never paid any company to send jobs overseas.

Hmmm Wonder how many jobs OL'Jeff Immelt, you know Barrys Bud and Jobs Tzar, has oursourced?? China is doing well thank you.

Funny. Don't see any mention of him or GE, tax loophole GE, mentioned in the above.

I guess it only counts when its Romney, Bain, or any other Rep.

Freeport Ill.? Seems to me that mayby the powers that be in Ill. could do more than Romney about stopping outsourcing in that State.

Romney doesn't run Bain. Wonder what they think he can do??

The thread isn't about Immelt. And while Obama doesn't mention Immelt by name, Obama talks about reforming the tax code to specifically get rid of loopholes that favor offshoring. Romney has not done that.

And Romney could publically ask that Bain not do this..

Simple as that.

As noble as move as it might be, if he does it this time he'll have to do it everytime another Bain company moves to outsource.

This is a political move to trap Romney in a tough position. It's actually kind of a fucked up move really, because it's got nothing to do with Romney anymore.

Eliminate the tax loopholes for companies that move jobs overseas. They can get money directly from the government IF they play democrat ball.

Illinois City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

WASHINGTON -- The city council of Freeport, Ill., approved a resolution Monday evening that will call on presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to step in and save roughly 170 local jobs being outsourced by a company owned by Bain Capital .

Last year, Massachusetts-based Sensata Technologies announced that it was closing its Freeport plant by the end of 2012 and shipping the jobs to China. The U.S. positions, the company claimed, would be phased out gradually. Sensata Technologies makes sensors and controls that are used in aircraft and automobiles.

The resolution organized by Sensata employees calls on Romney -- who co-founded Bain -- to "come to Freeport to meet the people directly affected by Bain Capital's outsourcing and to step in and stop the outsourcing of these jobs from Freeport to China."

Romney in charge of this company?

This kind of shit is stupid. I call on the op to force my supplier to increase my discount by 10%

Illlinois City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

I'm sorry, but this is still friggen cracking me up..how deperate even to post this

As for what Romney can do in Il. with this situation other than perhaps go there and lend a sympathetic ear, frankly there doesn't seem to be too much he personally can do beyond that. In my humble opinion, if Mitt Romney did choose to do something like that , it would at the very least make him appear sympathetic to the workers there. While outsourcing is a huge problem in this nation, perhaps it's because in the last several decades our elected officials have not fostered an Atmosphere where companies feel any obligation or sense of pride in making things here in this nation. I submit that is the job of those we elect , take your choice in party as outsourcing is nothing new, and has been going on for some time now. If there are some who think it's a new thing invented by the last Administration, they would be wrong, just take a look at the American textile industry to know that.

These workers though, do deserve to be heard in my opinion and represent a problem this nation has in general, in that we are willing to sacrifice long term health for short term profits. I submit that these companies that do this sort of thing will at the very least in this nation soon find fewer and fewer customers able to afford the goods they produce because the wages of those able to afford them are no longer there. One other thing of note here, companies like G.E. ,Apple, Dell, and many others while American in name only should be seen as foreign companies doing business in this nation and taxed accordingly, because they choose not to produce here, why then should they have the benefits of the tax system here? On the other end of the spectrum though are companies like Airbus, Toyota, Honda, G.M, Boeing, Ford, etc. which do choose to produce here.. The bottom line is it starts with a Govt. that spends less time picking sides and more time doing what they should be doing and creating an atmosphere for business to prosper, and not being ashamed of the words "Made in the USA"

Last edited:
Has Romney said anything about this? Isn't it Romney's last known position on jobs that he somehow has the power to keep jobs in this country?

Does anyone seriously think that Romney, with a corporate/businessman mentality, would really want to do anything that would stand in the way of a corporation maximizing profits,

even at the expense of American jobs?

Has Romney said anything about this? Isn't it Romney's last known position on jobs that he somehow has the power to keep jobs in this country?

Does anyone seriously think that Romney, with a corporate/businessman mentality, would really want to do anything that would stand in the way of a corporation maximizing profits,

We know one thing as fact...........

Democrats didnt mind sending our stimulus dollars overseas as they also used QE to bail out their banks.

Seems democrats are bigger offenders but you insist in keeping your head firmly planted up Obama ass.

Democrats didnt mind sending our stimulus dollars overseas as they also used QE to bail out their banks.

Seems democrats are bigger offenders but you insist in keeping your head firmly planted up Obama ass.

Why are you trying to change the subject? Can't you defend Romney?

Yep. Sure can. What of it?

I dont like Romney so you fail......

Now offer up more excuses. It is the only thing you are useful for on this board.

Forum List

Back