City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

Can you friggen BELIEVE this.???

they should call on their OWN wonderful Illinois Government..NO?

:lol:

To do what, exactly?

We are living in an age where private companies have either the same..or more power then local, state and in some cases..the Federal government.

The state government doesn't own or work for Bain, so they can do nothing.

Romney doesn't own or work for Bain, so he can do nothing.

Simple as that.

Hmmm Wonder how many jobs OL'Jeff Immelt, you know Barrys Bud and Jobs Tzar, has oursourced?? China is doing well thank you.

Funny. Don't see any mention of him or GE, tax loophole GE, mentioned in the above.

I guess it only counts when its Romney, Bain, or any other Rep.

Freeport Ill.? Seems to me that mayby the powers that be in Ill. could do more than Romney about stopping outsourcing in that State.

Romney doesn't run Bain. Wonder what they think he can do??

The thread isn't about Immelt. And while Obama doesn't mention Immelt by name, Obama talks about reforming the tax code to specifically get rid of loopholes that favor offshoring. Romney has not done that.

And Romney could publically ask that Bain not do this..

Simple as that.

Barry could publically ask GE not to oursource also.

Simple as that.

what, I though you all BELIEVED in the Guberment..aren't they here to SAVE US?

Steff. Me thinks you should start forming your own opinions and quit allowing others to form them for you.

None of the posters here (that I have read) have claimed that the gubmint is the end all be all. None.
Yet you rethugs seem to think that is the only way people with a differennt opinion think.

Not so. And the proof is in the reading.

Been fun but work is waiting. Later.

yeah sure..
How do you feel about people being FORCED to purchase insurance with ObamaCare?

Hmmm Wonder how many jobs OL'Jeff Immelt, you know Barrys Bud and Jobs Tzar, has oursourced?? China is doing well thank you.

Funny. Don't see any mention of him or GE, tax loophole GE, mentioned in the above.

Freeport Ill.? Seems to me that mayby the powers that be in Ill. could do more than Romney about stopping outsourcing in that State.

The thread isn't about Immelt. And while Obama doesn't mention Immelt by name, Obama talks about reforming the tax code to specifically get rid of loopholes that favor offshoring. Romney has not done that.

Simple as that.

Obama "talks" about a lot of things. Talk is all he does. He tells people he believes in investing in America, yet his personal investments are heavily in companies that outsource. His Jobs Czar, Jeffrey Immelt, runs G.E. a company that has outsourced the majority of it's jobs overseas. Obama spent a fortune in stimulus moneys to companies owned by supporters for jobs overseas. Yeah.. Obama talks.

Aside from your "outsourced" bullshit about the stimulus money..

There's not alot Obama can do..without congress.

And Congressional Republicans have been using drastic measures such as the filibuster to block anything that might help.

Hopefully that changes soon.

what, I though you all BELIEVED in the Guberment..aren't they here to SAVE US?

Steff. Me thinks you should start forming your own opinions and quit allowing others to form them for you.

None of the posters here (that I have read) have claimed that the gubmint is the end all be all. None.
Yet you rethugs seem to think that is the only way people with a differennt opinion think.

Not so. And the proof is in the reading.

Been fun but work is waiting. Later.

yeah sure..
How do you feel about people being FORCED to purchase insurance with ObamaCare?

No one is "forced" to purchase anything.

Simple as that.

Obama "talks" about a lot of things. Talk is all he does. He tells people he believes in investing in America, yet his personal investments are heavily in companies that outsource. His Jobs Czar, Jeffrey Immelt, runs G.E. a company that has outsourced the majority of it's jobs overseas. Obama spent a fortune in stimulus moneys to companies owned by supporters for jobs overseas. Yeah.. Obama talks.

Aside from your "outsourced" bullshit about the stimulus money..

There's not alot Obama can do..without congress.

And Congressional Republicans have been using drastic measures such as the filibuster to block anything that might help.

Hopefully that changes soon.
If Obama had any claim to leadership skills, he would have found a way to work with whomever he needed to in order to get things done. His constant whine about mean republicans has worn thin. If he couldn't get things done in the last three years, only an idiot would assume he could suddenly get things done if we have him back for 4 more.

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

Since Obama took office..manufacturing jobs have been returning to the United States.

That's a reversal of what conservatives have been doing. During Bush's tenure thousands factories left the US. The Conservative answer to this? American workers make to much.

And they were quite ready to let the Auto industry go under.

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

Bullshit.

The last Democratic president was impeached and the government was shut down, twice.

Conservatives want one party rule. That's it.

Illinois City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

WASHINGTON -- The city council of Freeport, Ill., approved a resolution Monday evening that will call on presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to step in and save roughly 170 local jobs being outsourced by a company owned by Bain Capital .

Last year, Massachusetts-based Sensata Technologies announced that it was closing its Freeport plant by the end of 2012 and shipping the jobs to China. The U.S. positions, the company claimed, would be phased out gradually. Sensata Technologies makes sensors and controls that are used in aircraft and automobiles.

The resolution organized by Sensata employees calls on Romney -- who co-founded Bain -- to "come to Freeport to meet the people directly affected by Bain Capital's outsourcing and to step in and stop the outsourcing of these jobs from Freeport to China."

That's pretty damn stupid since he doesn't work at Bain anymore. Why don't they call on obama and get him to stop GE and GM from outsoursing? huh?

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

Bullshit.

The last Democratic president was impeached and the government was shut down, twice.

Way to try to drag that off topic. Seriously, Let Obama ask Immelt to not outsource. Let's see how that goes.

Simple as that.

Bullshit.

Way to try to drag that off topic. Seriously, Let Obama ask Immelt to not outsource. Let's see how that goes.

It's entirely relevent to the topic.

Were Lincoln's "leadership" skills in question because the south seceded?

There are times when no matter how good a leader you may be..not everyone is going to follow you.

Are you saying Obama owns GE?
The GE CEO works as Obama's job czar, Rdean. Why isn't Obama protecting Illinois from job removal by encouraging unions to respond to the slumped economy his stupid "downsize-your-products" crap he is advising US juice companies to conceal the depth and width of the inflation his policies have hammered America with so he can get himself reelected and really pour on the Marxist crap following that, with nobody to account to.

Obama needs to be supervised--closely, constantly, and with expectation he will try to slip in something to beat up American businesses with at each and every damn turn he makes. We're totally sick of having to supervise him online because the press abdicated their responsibility in favor of special treatment that Soros money yields them, since long ago. The Fifth Column is even more corrupt than Barack Obama--they've been at it longer.

:eek:

Bullshit.

It's entirely relevent to the topic.

Were Lincoln's "leadership" skills in question because the south seceded?

There are times when no matter how good a leader you may be..not everyone is going to follow you.
The only "leadership" skill Lincoln could have applied to the south was to call off the dogs of righting the anti-slavery coalition that elected him. He was a man of a slave people and principles he thought were worth fighting for. The southerners viewed him as one who would remove their livelihood, as they believed owning slaves forever to pick cotton in the hottest part of summer was their privileged assignment, and they masked their thesis by considering black people as lesser animals.

Everyone wanted a fast resolution to a problem that was unresolved in the coalition of Northern and Southern states in 1789.

If you ever have a chance to glance through the illustrations in an old copy of "Currier and Ives," I recommend it.

Last edited:
Illinois City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

WASHINGTON -- The city council of Freeport, Ill., approved a resolution Monday evening that will call on presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to step in and save roughly 170 local jobs being outsourced by a company owned by Bain Capital .

Last year, Massachusetts-based Sensata Technologies announced that it was closing its Freeport plant by the end of 2012 and shipping the jobs to China. The U.S. positions, the company claimed, would be phased out gradually. Sensata Technologies makes sensors and controls that are used in aircraft and automobiles.

The resolution organized by Sensata employees calls on Romney -- who co-founded Bain -- to "come to Freeport to meet the people directly affected by Bain Capital's outsourcing and to step in and stop the outsourcing of these jobs from Freeport to China."

That's pretty damn stupid since he doesn't work at Bain anymore. Why don't they call on obama and get him to stop GE and GM from outsoursing? huh?
Expose one of Obama's dirty little secrets? Uh, ain't gonna happen, Willow Tree, until someone on the left aisle wakes up and smells the coffee. :(

Expose one of Obama's dirty little secrets? Uh, ain't gonna happen, Willow Tree, until someone on the left aisle wakes up and smells the coffee. :(

Like, dude, that ain't never gonna happen. :D

Hmmm i dont think the fact that we have the same article under a new thread changes the fact that government has caused the problem by over inflating labor costs.

You're right. We should all work for the wages of a typical 11 year old working in a Chinese sweat shop. It's the patriotic thing to do.

Simple as that.

Simple as that.

Since Obama took office..manufacturing jobs have been returning to the United States.

That's a reversal of what conservatives have been doing. During Bush's tenure thousands factories left the US. The Conservative answer to this? American workers make to much.

And they were quite ready to let the Auto industry go under.

Funny you should speak of the auto industy since GM is outsourcing as we speak.

And lets not forget that it was our taxdollars that bailed out the auto industry pension funds which the Union managment mismanged. Oh yeah. I'm so glad to have helped out. NOT Wonder if they will ever pay it all back?? Barry also had no problem hosing those that had money invested with those companies. Hosing peoples 401K's and retirements didn't bother Barry or the Union one little bit.

Funny how you always blame the Reps for that shit but don't lay the same blame on the Dems.

Are you saying Obama owns GE?

'It's just too hard. I just can't F'ing do it. '

- B. Hussein

Forum List

Back