City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Illinois City Calls On Mitt Romney To Stop Bain-Owned Company From Outsourcing 170 Local Jobs

WASHINGTON -- The city council of Freeport, Ill., approved a resolution Monday evening that will call on presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to step in and save roughly 170 local jobs being outsourced by a company owned by Bain Capital .

Last year, Massachusetts-based Sensata Technologies announced that it was closing its Freeport plant by the end of 2012 and shipping the jobs to China. The U.S. positions, the company claimed, would be phased out gradually. Sensata Technologies makes sensors and controls that are used in aircraft and automobiles.

The resolution organized by Sensata employees calls on Romney -- who co-founded Bain -- to "come to Freeport to meet the people directly affected by Bain Capital's outsourcing and to step in and stop the outsourcing of these jobs from Freeport to China."

Hmmm Wonder how many jobs OL'Jeff Immelt, you know Barrys Bud and Jobs Tzar, has oursourced?? China is doing well thank you.

Funny. Don't see any mention of him or GE, tax loophole GE, mentioned in the above.

I guess it only counts when its Romney, Bain, or any other Rep.

Freeport Ill.? Seems to me that mayby the powers that be in Ill. could do more than Romney about stopping outsourcing in that State.

Romney doesn't run Bain. Wonder what they think he can do??

Hmmm Wonder how many jobs OL'Jeff Immelt, you know Barrys Bud and Jobs Tzar, has oursourced?? China is doing well thank you.

Funny. Don't see any mention of him or GE, tax loophole GE, mentioned in the above.

Freeport Ill.? Seems to me that mayby the powers that be in Ill. could do more than Romney about stopping outsourcing in that State.

Are you saying Obama owns GE?

Hmmm i dont think the fact that we have the same article under a new thread changes the fact that government has caused the problem by over inflating labor costs.

Are you saying Romney owns Bain?

Dumb ass.

Ill and this op are fucking hack morans.

Mitt isn't involved with Bain anymore.

time to grow the fuck up kiddies, Ill is fucking itself over and companies are fleeing there as fast as they can.

The thread isn't about Immelt. And while Obama doesn't mention Immelt by name, Obama talks about reforming the tax code to specifically get rid of loopholes that favor offshoring. Romney has not done that.

And Romney could publically ask that Bain not do this..

Simple as that.

Why didn't some of the rethugs on here write;

Fuk those middle class people losing their jobs to out sourcing. Bain is doing what Mitt designed it to do.
The fuking problem is that these American workers want to get paid enough to live on. And Bain don't want that. Better to ship jobs out of the country. Make more money that way.

Why didn't you rehtugs write that. It seems to be how you think. Why not own up to your opinions?

Can you friggen BELIEVE this.???

they should call on their OWN wonderful Illinois Government..NO?

:lol:

To do what, exactly?

We are living in an age where private companies have either the same..or more power then local, state and in some cases..the Federal government.

How do you know they didn't? And secondly. When you have a problem with a private company, why wouldn't you try and deal with the company itself?

Of course, Mitt has a very good opportunity to show the middle class people of this country that he really does understand our position and to prove that, he could stop the out sourcing of these jobs.

Think Mitt might pick up a few votes from that kind of response?

Or does Mitt not really want to win the WH?

Hmmm i dont think the fact that we have the same article under a new thread changes the fact that government has caused the problem by over inflating labor costs.

Interesting comment. Do you know what you are trying to claim or did it just sound good?

There's no way to match the wages earned in China.

And the culture is different. They can live that way because they crowd many generations and family members into one small living space.

This is the life style conservatives want for Americans?

To do what, exactly?

We are living in an age where private companies have either the same..or more power then local, state and in some cases..the Federal government.

what, I though you all BELIEVED in the Guberment..aren't they here to SAVE US?
this whole article was STUPID and so are the people from that city council

The thread isn't about Immelt. And while Obama doesn't mention Immelt by name, Obama talks about reforming the tax code to specifically get rid of loopholes that favor offshoring. Romney has not done that.

And Romney could publically ask that Bain not do this..

Simple as that.

Obama "talks" about a lot of things. Talk is all he does. He tells people he believes in investing in America, yet his personal investments are heavily in companies that outsource. His Jobs Czar, Jeffrey Immelt, runs G.E. a company that has outsourced the majority of it's jobs overseas. Obama spent a fortune in stimulus moneys to companies owned by supporters for jobs overseas. Yeah.. Obama talks.

Nope. Nor does he run it. However, his buddy and Jobs Tzar Immelt does.

Funny how you lefties don't seem to take offense at all those ourtsourced jobs from GE.

Yet you DO take offense at outsourced jobs via Bain. Of course Romney was CEO at Bain so there you have it.

Perhaps Barry could put a bug in OL'Jeffs ear about outsourcing by GE.

Last edited:
what, I though you all BELIEVED in the Guberment..aren't they here to SAVE US?

Steff. Me thinks you should start forming your own opinions and quit allowing others to form them for you.

None of the posters here (that I have read) have claimed that the gubmint is the end all be all. None.
Yet you rethugs seem to think that is the only way people with a differennt opinion think.

Not so. And the proof is in the reading.

Been fun but work is waiting. Later.

Funny how you lefties don't seem to take offense at all those ourtsourced jobs from GE.

Not a lefty however I was greatly dissapointed in Obama for choosing this guy. He may run one of the largest companies in the world but wtf would he know about creating jobs?

Forum List

Back