Citizens vs. Subjects

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
What do you personally think is the difference between a citizen and a subject? Are the people in the USA citizens? subjects? Something else?

I'm curious where the line is between the two and how each of you will know when we have crossed it?

The people in the USA are a mixture of residents and citizens. The citizens are supposed to have certain inalienable rights while residents are people who come here temporarily to get an education or make some money to send home or live in the background illegally.
American citizens have stopped worrying about whether they have rights or not and decided it is better to "feel" secure with government "protections".
There is a minority that are true citizens who demand their rights be respected by government and others but very few that demand all their rights.

A subject is the near slave of a monarchical government. They are people who are subject to the whim of the government - so not really people but more than a pet.

Last edited:
Well, since we didn't get to hear the ramblings all I can say is that Billy Madison seems a bit full of himself. He denigrates the speaker and the audience in a single comment. He completely dismisses whatever the comments were from the speaker before him. If he is supposed to be in a debate or even judging a debate he shows in the best case - bad form.

You see in my comments I point to the reason(s) for my judgement instead of just dismissing Billy Madison and his comments. I also refrain from telling those who listened to him that they are so stupid that they can't decide for themselves whether there is any merit in what he said.

I have read the accounts of the "Battle of Athens" and the film doesn't do justice to the folks who stood up to their corrupt mayor and sherriff to insure a proper count of the votes.

When I am crowned king I will show my people how much I love them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47saogI8o]Drifting to the Left! (History of the World Part 1) - YouTube[/ame]

A citizen is protected by the Constitution.
A subject is one who gets assaulted by those usurping the Constitution.

What do you personally think is the difference between a citizen and a subject? Are the people in the USA citizens? subjects? Something else?

I'm curious where the line is between the two and how each of you will know when we have crossed it?

A "citizen" is a person who lives in a particular area. For example, I live in Illinois so I am a citizen of the State of Illinois.

A "subject" is something you study in school. For example, my favorite subject when I was in high school was biology - human reproduction, in particular.

Hope I cleared that up for you.

PotAYtos PoTOTos.

We're just a massive collection of people under a flag, with 300,000,000 different personalities, traits, talents, weaknesses.

We've been subjects since the 30's when the first gun bans were passed.

We just get to vote for who's in charge of us.

seriously

The Patriot act passed, reps didn't care, liberals uproared, but then supported it after obama signed it.

That kind of shit takes a special kind of special

Forum List

Back