Citizens Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Immigration Reform Advocate Gears Up for Border Patrol Project

By Chad Groening
March 1, 2005

(AgapePress) - The organizer of a citizens' effort aimed at calling attention to the illegal alien invasion problem says he hopes to provide valuable assistance to the hard-working border patrol agents who guard Arizona's U.S.-Mexican border.

As the date draws near for the commencement of James Gilchrist's Operation Minuteman project, the ranks of those who want to take part continue to swell. The retired certified public accountant now has more than 530 volunteers from 47 states prepared to camp out in the Arizona desert with him during his border patrol project/public awareness campaign.

The Operation Minuteman field project is slated to begin on April 1. Gilchrist says his desert delegation will have a two-fold mission. "The primary goal here is, number one, to bring national awareness to the illegal alien invasion crisis," he says.

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/3/12005g.asp

Bonnie said:
Immigration Reform Advocate Gears Up for Border Patrol Project

By Chad Groening
March 1, 2005

(AgapePress) - The organizer of a citizens' effort aimed at calling attention to the illegal alien invasion problem says he hopes to provide valuable assistance to the hard-working border patrol agents who guard Arizona's U.S.-Mexican border.

As the date draws near for the commencement of James Gilchrist's Operation Minuteman project, the ranks of those who want to take part continue to swell. The retired certified public accountant now has more than 530 volunteers from 47 states prepared to camp out in the Arizona desert with him during his border patrol project/public awareness campaign.

The Operation Minuteman field project is slated to begin on April 1. Gilchrist says his desert delegation will have a two-fold mission. "The primary goal here is, number one, to bring national awareness to the illegal alien invasion crisis," he says.

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/3/12005g.asp
im pretty sure they are aware of it. just getting something done about it is another story.

Bonnie said:
The organizer of a citizens' effort aimed at calling attention to the illegal alien invasion problem says he hopes to provide valuable assistance to the hard-working border patrol agents who guard Arizona's U.S.-Mexican border.

I commend the Minutemen for their willingness to go down to the Arizona-Mexican border and to draw attention to the major immigration problems that this country is facing.

Bonnie said:

Indeed this is a national crisis and something needs to be done. We have the ACLU talking about suing these men for performing their civic duty and calling attention to the immigration problem facing this nation. I have no problem with people immigrating to this country so long as they do so legally. These illegal immigrants are not citizens and they should either be incacerated or deported. We shouldn't be giving them an incentive to come here illegally. Anyone willing to enter this country illegally is a criminal. The moment they cross the boarder by stealth and against our laws we don't want them because they obviously have no respect for the law and are criminals.

Edward said:
I commend the Minutemen for their willingness to go down to the Arizona-Mexican border and to draw attention to the major immigration problems that this country is facing.

Indeed this is a national crisis and something needs to be done. We have the ACLU talking about suing these men for performing their civic duty and calling attention to the immigration problem facing this nation. I have no problem with people immigrating to this country so long as they do so legally. These illegal immigrants are not citizens and they should either be incacerated or deported. We shouldn't be giving them an incentive to come here illegally. Anyone willing to enter this country illegally is a criminal. The moment they cross the boarder by stealth and against our laws we don't want them because they obviously have no respect for the law and are criminals.

Agreed, but for one thing, they are coming over since the word (incentive) is already out about how easy it is to become parasitic once in. And our government on both sides seems to be unmoved to do anything substantive about it. Really the Minutemen are performing a much needed service. I just hope they maintain some semblance of law while doing it so they don't give the ACLU any more ammo to come gunnin for them.

Bonnie said:
Agreed, but for one thing, they are coming over since the word (incentive) is already out about how easy it is to become parasitic once in. And our government on both sides seems to be unmoved to do anything substantive about it. Really the Minutemen are performing a much needed service. I just hope they maintain some semblance of law while doing it so they don't give the ACLU any more ammo to come gunnin for them.

I saw on FOX last night where the Mexican miltary has massed on the other side of the border from the minutemen and are telling drug runners and other illegals to take a different route for the time being. These guys have done quite well to make thier point. Problem is that the politicians don't really care.

dilloduck said:
I saw on FOX last night where the Mexican miltary has massed on the other side of the border from the minutemen and are telling drug runners and other illegals to take a different route for the time being. These guys have done quite well to make thier point. Problem is that the politicians don't really care.

Looks like things are being pushed to a confrontation? Maybe the government will have to address it :tank:

Bonnie said:
Looks like things are being pushed to a confrontation? Maybe the government will have to address it :tank:

I doubt it----Mexico just doesn't want the truth to come out so they are basically hiding the criminals--i'm afraid only temporarily.

dilloduck said:
I doubt it----Mexico just doesn't want the truth to come out so they are basically hiding the criminals--i'm afraid only temporarily.

Remember when Castro did it???? Art Deco aside Miami will never be the same. :(

Bonnie said:
Remember when Castro did it???? Art Deco aside Miami will never be the same. :(
difference is Mexico doesn't want em to be caught and kept in the US----they want them to be able to come and go as they please.

dilloduck said:
difference is Mexico doesn't want em to be caught and kept in the US----they want them to be able to come and go as they please.

You thinkin bout joining the Minutemen?? Ill bet you could get one of those t-shirts that say" I caught an illegal and all I got was this crappy t-shirt" :tng:

Bonnie said:
You thinkin bout joining the Minutemen?? Ill bet you could get one of those t-shirts that say" I caught an illegal and all I got was this crappy t-shirt" :tng:

Actually I'd love to go down there for awhile !! Not all that far from here!

dilloduck said:
I'm gonna have to check on who I'm supposed to be looking for----the illegal crossers or the ACLU. :cool:

Id say either one is fair game but that's just me. Seriously Dillo If I lived South Id be out there a few nights a week, or whatever time I could find to do it.

Bonnie said:
Id say either one is fair game but that's just me. Seriously Dillo If I lived South Id be out there a few nights a week, or whatever time I could find to do it.

I'm serious too---I've heard that more local border counties want to it involved too ! It may spread by popular demand.

Pres. Bush refuses to acknowledge the fact that the WOT is a religous war.

He also refuses to admit that the Mexican government's sponsorship of illegal border crossings amounts to nothing short of a bona-fide invasion of this country by a foreign power.

Whoever is willing to deal realistically and effectively with these two issues will be our next President.

Bonnie said:

The solution is not a difficult one. It is to enforce the law. These men, women and children are breaking the law when entering the country illegally. Why would we wish to tolerate people entering the U.S. who do not respect the law. I am not anti-immigration, instead I am anti-illegal immigration. To think that these people can come here illegally and expect to receive the same rights and protections and priveliges that we do is beyond my understanding.

To begin I think we should if an illegal immigrant is located:

1) deport them or incacerate them,
2) deny them the opportunity to work and punish those who hire them,
3) deny them the privelige of driving,
4) deny them access to health care insurance,
5) deny them access to medical treatment except in cases of emergencies,

We should also institute a reporting system, where people who know of these illegals are given an incentive to turn them in. What do you all think of these suggestions? Do you have more suggestions?

dilloduck said:
mexico wants them here working so they can send American dollars home, since the mexican government has done such a piss poor job of building any semblance of an economy in their own country.

Edward said:
The solution is not a difficult one. It is to enforce the law. These men, women and children are breaking the law when entering the country illegally. Why would we wish to tolerate people entering the U.S. who do not respect the law. I am not anti-immigration, instead I am anti-illegal immigration. To think that these people can come here illegally and expect to receive the same rights and protections and priveliges that we do is beyond my understanding.

To begin I think we should if an illegal immigrant is located:

1) deport them or incacerate them,
2) deny them the opportunity to work and punish those who hire them,
3) deny them the privelige of driving,
4) deny them access to health care insurance,
5) deny them access to medical treatment except in cases of emergencies,

We should also institute a reporting system, where people who know of these illegals are given an incentive to turn them in. What do you all think of these suggestions? Do you have more suggestions?

How about two years minimum public service in which time they must learn to speak, read and write English?

kurtsprincess said:
How about two years minimum public service in which time they must learn to speak, read and write English?

We need to face reality here. Times have changed. The limitless opportunites no longer exist in the US. We need to start taking care of ourselves and our own before we allow people from other countries to come here.

The US just isn't the land of opportunity anymore, and it's about time that fact was faced.

Forum List

Back