Citizens Taking Matters Into Their Own Hands

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Immigration Reform Advocate Gears Up for Border Patrol Project

By Chad Groening
    March 1, 2005

(AgapePress) - The organizer of a citizens' effort aimed at calling attention to the illegal alien invasion problem says he hopes to provide valuable assistance to the hard-working border patrol agents who guard Arizona's U.S.-Mexican border.

As the date draws near for the commencement of James Gilchrist's Operation Minuteman project, the ranks of those who want to take part continue to swell. The retired certified public accountant now has more than 530 volunteers from 47 states prepared to camp out in the Arizona desert with him during his border patrol project/public awareness campaign.

The Operation Minuteman field project is slated to begin on April 1. Gilchrist says his desert delegation will have a two-fold mission. "The primary goal here is, number one, to bring national awareness to the illegal alien invasion crisis," he says.

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/3/12005g.asp

2. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    im pretty sure they are aware of it. just getting something done about it is another story.

3. Edward

Edward Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I commend the Minutemen for their willingness to go down to the Arizona-Mexican border and to draw attention to the major immigration problems that this country is facing.

Indeed this is a national crisis and something needs to be done. We have the ACLU talking about suing these men for performing their civic duty and calling attention to the immigration problem facing this nation. I have no problem with people immigrating to this country so long as they do so legally. These illegal immigrants are not citizens and they should either be incacerated or deported. We shouldn't be giving them an incentive to come here illegally. Anyone willing to enter this country illegally is a criminal. The moment they cross the boarder by stealth and against our laws we don't want them because they obviously have no respect for the law and are criminals.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Agreed, but for one thing, they are coming over since the word (incentive) is already out about how easy it is to become parasitic once in. And our government on both sides seems to be unmoved to do anything substantive about it. Really the Minutemen are performing a much needed service. I just hope they maintain some semblance of law while doing it so they don't give the ACLU any more ammo to come gunnin for them.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I saw on FOX last night where the Mexican miltary has massed on the other side of the border from the minutemen and are telling drug runners and other illegals to take a different route for the time being. These guys have done quite well to make thier point. Problem is that the politicians don't really care.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Looks like things are being pushed to a confrontation? Maybe the government will have to address it :tank:

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I doubt it----Mexico just doesn't want the truth to come out so they are basically hiding the criminals--i'm afraid only temporarily.

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Remember when Castro did it???? Art Deco aside Miami will never be the same. :(

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    difference is Mexico doesn't want em to be caught and kept in the US----they want them to be able to come and go as they please.

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    You thinkin bout joining the Minutemen?? Ill bet you could get one of those t-shirts that say" I caught an illegal and all I got was this crappy t-shirt" :tng: