citizen Assassinations

mikecushman

Rookie
Apr 10, 2012
How? How on Earth could this possibly be legal or constitutional? In a speech today, President Obama's Assistant to Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, John Brennan, said that targeteted drone strikes and assasinations on supected terrorists including American citizens abroad was, "legal, ethical and wise". How could a government "of the people" ever kill its own people (the death penalty is for another day) without the consent of the people through the due process of the law, these are not convicted criminals, they are "suspected" terrorists and even if they are guilty then that is not how our LAW works, we as a country are bound together by Law and a constitution, not by a monarch, or a religion, or an ethnic group we as a county are only a country by our laws when the government of the country breaks the Law, who is accountable? When does murder stop being murder? Everybody is a person who deserves the Rights that our country is based upon, rights that our laws are supposed to defend, rights that are our identity as a state. I guess the question becomes what do we value more safety or law. Personally I'll say the law maybe it is a bit tougher to apprehend the people who do harm to our country but I'd rather be a country with honor. "But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished forever."
Edmund Burke

Last edited:

Forum List

Back