Citing health overhaul, AARP hikes employee costs

I used to be a member of AARP but I called them on the phone and cancelled my membership. I didn't like the idea of them giving Obama $6,000.00 towards his Presidential campaign and I especially didn't like their support of ObamaCare. Fuck AARP.

Come on..that 15 bucks a year was the deal breaker..wasn't it?

Do you not see that the government interfering in the compensation relationship between an employee and employer is just not right?

Do you somehow not see that singling out certain portions of a compensation package for federal tax exemption already is interfering with the compensation relationship between an employee and employer?

Singling out any good and allowing it to be purchased with pre-tax dollars confers that good a privileged status relative to other goods. It's a market distortion engineered by government any way you slice it.
Irony can be sooooooooo...well.....ironic. :lol::lol::lol:

Do you not see that the government interfering in the compensation relationship between an employee and employer is just not right?

Do you somehow not see that singling out certain portions of a compensation package for federal tax exemption already is interfering with the compensation relationship between an employee and employer?

Singling out any good and allowing it to be purchased with pre-tax dollars confers that good a privileged status relative to other goods. It's a market distortion engineered by government any way you slice it.
Irony can be sooooooooo...well.....ironic. :lol::lol::lol:

And there goes the lie about not disrupting what you already have.

Would you want that lying dick to make health care decisions for you or a family member?

I never joined AARP. Just not into the group thing I suppose.

I did belong to the NRA when I was young, back when they were into promoting gun safety and such more than the "they are gonna take our guns away" whine.

Last edited:
why not make health care providers non profit enterprises? HC providers are the 3rd or 4th most profitable industry in the nation. what of all those profits had to be taken and used to drive down the cost of premiums and improve the quality of health care services provided? then we can also ban HC providers from being publicly traded companies, as well as spending premium dollars on advertising. wow, i think i just solved most of the problems in rising costs.

We got our 3 page letter today.
I created a thread about other coverage drops.

Our portion is going up by a whopping 5% starting January 1...fuck.
The letter stipulates the reason why is due to increased costs with the HRC act.

THis is what you call...income redistribution. We pay mor for less because insurance companies are having to cover more people.

There is nothing on earth that you can get more and not pay more.

Welcome to Obamacare

I used to be a member of AARP but I called them on the phone and cancelled my membership. I didn't like the idea of them giving Obama $6,000.00 towards his Presidential campaign and I especially didn't like their support of ObamaCare. Fuck AARP.
I lost my faith in AARP too with their foolish stance on this. Now look at what happened.

Why should it matter to a person outside this relationship what an employer pays or does not pay to one of his employees?

You seem to think that if I get less money from my employer it will make you better off.

Why do you think that?

Greendick doesn't care about health care. He works for government and wants to manage people's lives.

Actually you desire to be Dear Leader of more than your room in the basement.

The House is probably going GOP by three votes Missed the mark by a few votes there eh sparky?

My old man said pretty much the same thing

Greendick doesn't care about health care. He works for government and wants to manage people's lives.

Actually you desire to be Dear Leader of more than your room in the basement.

The House is probably going GOP by three votes Missed the mark by a few votes there eh sparky?

I did, and you did not point out that I changed that prediction more than 10 weeks ago. Yean, you do lie, regularly. How are you doing, dear leader.

Forum List

Back