Cindy's Time Is Up....

I think what's really interesting is the Democrats really think they have the correct position and America supports them completely. Yet they can't get anyone to come out to her booksigning?

I think that is a pretty clear sign that no one agrees nor cares about what she is saying.

Which of course means the Democrat position can't possibly be in line with most Americans viewpoint on the war.

Listening to Kerry speak today it was obvious that the dems are again in the middle of changing their postion on the war as conditions are improving there all the time. Now they want to take credit for it and say " we told you so". Sorry, assholes. Your support,opposition,support, opposition on the Iraq war is well documented. Cindy will be left on the side of the road now because her position on immediately withdrawal from Iraq is dead in the water.

dilloduck said:
Listening to Kerry speak today it was obvious that the dems are again in the middle of changing their postion on the war as conditions are improving there all the time. Now they want to take credit for it and say " we told you so". Sorry, assholes. Your support,opposition,support, opposition on the Iraq war is well documented. Cindy will be left on the side of the road now because her position on immediately withdrawal from Iraq is dead in the water.

C'mon now ..... it won't take all that long for them to bombard the American public with lie upon lie until the truth is forgotten. It's their M.O. and for some reason, works like a charm.

GunnyL said:
C'mon now ..... it won't take all that long for them to bombard the American public with lie upon lie until the truth is forgotten. It's their M.O. and for some reason, works like a charm.

Sadly, you are probably correct unless the GOP finds a way to use the media to their advantage. Don't any conservatives take mass marketing or journalism in college anymore?

dilloduck said:
Sadly, you are probably correct unless the GOP finds a way to use the media to their advantage. Don't any conservatives take mass marketing or journalism in college anymore?

The degree's not worth the headache. I wouldn't take a mass marketing or journalism class on a dare, as I'd have to file half a dozen complaints with the deparment and college chairs just to keep from failing.

have respect for the sacrifices of the families of our soldiers?

"Idiotic ditch witch"
"Yesterday's trash"

Is that any way to talk about a mother who has lost a son who was an honorable soldier?

Are you a parent? Can you imagine losing your own child? What if you disagreed with the reason your child was sent to war? Wouldn't you have an ethical obligation--and an emotional reason--to speak out?

The level of hatred towards a woman who has paid an ultimate price--the loss of her child--for your freedom to speak--is simply unbelievable to me.

If one little mom has the power to turn the entire country's view of the war around, doesn't it perhaps suggest that the country was ready to turn and just needed a reason?

Mariner.

Mariner said:

"Idiotic ditch witch"
"Yesterday's trash"

Is that any way to talk about a mother who has lost a son who was an honorable soldier?

Are you a parent? Can you imagine losing your own child? What if you disagreed with the reason your child was sent to war? Wouldn't you have an ethical obligation--and an emotional reason--to speak out?

The level of hatred towards a woman who has paid an ultimate price--the loss of her child--for your freedom to speak--is simply unbelievable to me.

If one little mom has the power to turn the entire country's view of the war around, doesn't it perhaps suggest that the country was ready to turn and just needed a reason?

Mariner.

NO---it suggests that anti-Bush organizations used a victim of grief to assist them in thier all out attack on conservatives. No one would have said a damn thing bad about her if she didn't allower herself to be used as propaganda by the left. There is NO WAY you can present MOVEON. ORG as anything but a vengeful political group of haters.

Mariner said:

"Idiotic ditch witch"
"Yesterday's trash"

Mariner.

Im sure everyone here would feel horrible to lose a child, spouse, parent or sibling to war, but that has nothing to do with this one woman's delusion that she is somehow helping those still fighting, and the transparent way she is being used willingly to further the lefties anti-war agenda which is really all about trying to bring down Pesident Bush. The polls you reference show that many beleive what people like her are actually doing is breaking the moral of our brave soldiers whether they believe in the war or not. There is no hated of her just pity and anger as she gives her brave son's memory nothing by doing what she is doing, and she knows it!!!!
Next!!!!!!!!

Mariner said:

"Idiotic ditch witch"
"Yesterday's trash"

Mariner.

You generalize. That is disgusting. Don't 'you people' me, I never stated anything of the sort.

Just to be the Devil's advocate, do you think it's possible that those photos were taken before the event actually started, as in she was waiting for people to be let in?

The ClayTaurus said:
Just to be the Devil's advocate, do you think it's possible that those photos were taken before the event actually started, as in she was waiting for people to be let in?

If they were, she wouldn't look bored, and the AP would have come up with a picture showing crowds of people rather than that picture that only implies crowds of people.

The ClayTaurus said:

Doesn't matter---the truth is that the response was extemely underwhelming. Pictures or not. The radical left have dumped her for now until they can find another way to abuse her.

Hobbit said:
If they were, she wouldn't look bored, and the AP would have come up with a picture showing crowds of people rather than that picture that only implies crowds of people.
I could see someone looking bored if they were being pupeteered as much as she is. If they sat her there a half hour before people were supposed to come in, it would make sense.

Irregardless, how long until this obsession with Cindy is over? I'm sick of reading anti-Sheehan editorials about as much as I am of her...

The ClayTaurus said:
I could see someone looking bored if they were being pupeteered as much as she is. If they sat her there a half hour before people were supposed to come in, it would make sense.

Irregardless, how long until this obsession with Cindy is over? I'm sick of reading anti-Sheehan editorials about as much as I am of her...

It's more the righties pounding on the lefties for using her pain for their own political 'gain' without regard to the problems that they would presonally create for her. That her name comes up is only because it was she that they used so rauchily by the left. The way that they short-circuited her grieving process prolonged her pain and helped her to some serious mental problems. This from the group that calls themselves more 'compassionate' than the right...

The truly disgusting thing that I see about it is that the left has now, on a wholesale basis, totally immersed themselves into the idea of total defeat. The only way we could actually be defeated in Iraq is if we give up, and the only option for their political victory is being successful in causing our defeat.

The ClayTaurus said:

Don't worry---the media will wise up to the fact that it's boring and oversell the carp outta something else we can all get bored with. Cindy was just an example of shameless and dishonest liberal tactics. Flash in the pan that blew up in thier faces.

no1tovote4 said:
It's more the righties pounding on the lefties for using her pain for their own political 'gain' without regard to the problems that they would presonally create for her. That her name comes up is only because it was she that they used so rauchily by the left. The way that they short-circuited her grieving process prolonged her pain and helped her to some serious mental problems. This from the group that calls themselves more 'compassionate' than the right...
I completely agree with that... I'm just sick of reading rehashed versions of it over and over and over again. Still a valid point, nonetheless.

The ClayTaurus said:
I completely agree with that... I'm just sick of reading rehashed versions of it over and over and over again. Still a valid point, nonetheless.

It's kinda like this.

The Democrats have been making wild accusations since, well, since the 2000 election, and probably before that. The Republicans looked at these guys and thought, "They're nuts! Nobody will buy this crap." Well, people bought it hook, line, and sinker, so now the Republicans are on full alert damage control, being sure to debunk even the dumbest of allegations before people actually start believing them.

the book signing thing was news, and deserved reporting. Obviously the story got out--you heard about it.

Dilloduck and others--I don't see where Cindy was so "used" "transparently." She obviously spoke from the heart. Others agreed with her, donated money, joined in. Politicians certainly pointed to her, but how's that different from Bush "using" the story of the young soldier who left the farewell letter on his laptop in the speech Tuesday night?

And if the "using" is so "transparent" then what is there to worry about--everyone will see what's really going on.

Mariner.

PS "Flash in the pan"? Hardly--she catalyzed anti-war sentiment and helped send Bush's approval ratings plummeting. That's a pretty bright flash in a pretty big pan.

Mariner said:
the book signing thing was news, and deserved reporting. Obviously the story got out--you heard about it.

Dilloduck and others--I don't see where Cindy was so "used" "transparently." She obviously spoke from the heart. Others agreed with her, donated money, joined in. Politicians certainly pointed to her, but how's that different from Bush "using" the story of the young soldier who left the farewell letter on his laptop in the speech Tuesday night?

And if the "using" is so "transparent" then what is there to worry about--everyone will see what's really going on.

Mariner.

PS "Flash in the pan"? Hardly--she catalyzed anti-war sentiment and helped send Bush's approval ratings plummeting. That's a pretty bright flash in a pretty big pan.
So are you going to go 'transparent' and say what role you are playing? Seems that you are getting paid to be a 'voice' for the DNC. Come clean, troll.

Hobbit said:

Most definitely!!

Mariner said:

Mariner.

You attempt to refute that the left has used her in your forst paragraph; yet, in your last you show clearly where you believe it has. Good job, einstein.

Catalyzing a handful of nitwits is hardly galvanizing some great, credible anti-war effort, and claiming Bush's approval ratings are because of her is absurd.

She's a freakin' kook, and the left rode her apronstrings until they came to the conclusion that she was going nowhere.

Maybe she can get Neil Young to sing at her next book-signing. :thewave:

Forum List

Back