Cindy Sheehan back at it

As a Gold Star Mother who has made the ultimate sacrifice, Cindy Sheehan is free to protest wherever she pleases

Sure she can. But as with most liberals, she clearly hasn't thought too hard about the reality of her position.

As a Gold Star Mother who has made the ultimate sacrifice, Cindy Sheehan is free to protest wherever she pleases

Agreed on that but in my opinion she is mentally unstable and the death of her son has put her over the edge with hatred for our nation, I pity her and feel sorry for her.

Either way, she gave up her son in defense of this country. She has earned the right to respond to his death any way she feels proper

RadiomanATL Wrote
No, i say that the list of news agencies reporting on Sheehan's recent shenanigans, as shown in the link, proves that the press isn't ignoring her.

I think that we all can agree that the amount of press time she enjoyed while protesting Bush was in an entirely different league of coverage than the press time she receives while protesting Pelosi, the CIA, Obama, etc.

This is what people are referring to...the obvious disparity in coverage when she protests a Republican as opposed to a Democrat. Now...the reason for that might simply be that, as a story, Sheehan has been told, we all know it already. Or, it could be that the press doesn't want to bring attention to the fact that the Democrats aren't doing things all that differently from the Republicans when it comes to the war.

I agree completely that Sheehan has earned the right to protest as often as she'd like. But being a Gold Star parent does not exempt her from having why she is protesting examined and/or critiqued. My heart goes out to Cindy Sheehan and I hope that one day she'll be able to find peace. But that doesn't mean I have to be silent when I disagree with what she says.

gold star mom spent all of her dead son's insurance on her protest. she didn't even get him a head stone.

The money she spent has nothing to do with the headstone since he was KIA the government provides one free of charge, as a war vet you should have known that.

the $$$ she spent was for a new car, expensive dinners, plane fare and a new life style at the expense of him. she's low life scum.

gold star mom spent all of her dead son's insurance on her protest. she didn't even get him a head stone.

The money she spent has nothing to do with the headstone since he was KIA the government provides one free of charge, as a war vet you should have known that.

the $$$ she spent was for a new car, expensive dinners, plane fare and a new life style at the expense of him. she's low life scum.

And what about you allegations about her not spending any of it on a head stone that is free from the government?

More Right wingnut attacks on a Gold Star mother. She sure is lucky her son was killed wasn't she?

This belongs right up there with attacks on 9-11 widows

Why isn't she protesting Boyking for sending more troops to Afghanistan and not getting the hell out of Iraq?

Oh yeah...Because she's a crackpot.

Maybe she realizes that she can safely protest Republicans but if you start making too much noise about Democrats, folks like Coakley's "Let's knock the reporter on his ass" thug friends show up. :eusa_whistle:

Agreed on that but in my opinion she is mentally unstable and the death of her son has put her over the edge with hatred for our nation, I pity her and feel sorry for her.

Either way, she gave up her son in defense of this country. She has earned the right to respond to his death any way she feels proper

really?....what if she wanted to kill someone she felt responsible for his death?....i mean she might think it proper.....

Why isn't she protesting Boyking for sending more troops to Afghanistan and not getting the hell out of Iraq?

Oh yeah...Because she's a crackpot.

Maybe she realizes that she can safely protest Republicans but if you start making too much noise about Democrats, folks like Coakley's "Let's knock the reporter on his ass" thug friends show up. :eusa_whistle:

Sheehan has also protested President Obama as is her right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Sheehan

Sheehan states she initially questioned the urgency of the invasion of Iraq, but did not become active in the anti-war effort until after her son's death. Sheehan and other military families met with United States President George W. Bush in June 2004 at Fort Lewis, near Tacoma, Washington, about three months after her son's death. In a June 24, 2004 interview with the Vacaville Reporter, published soon after the meeting, she stated, "We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled. The President has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached." She also stated that President Bush was "... sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis.. I know [he] feels no pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of war."
Sheehan gave another interview on October 4, 2004, stating that she did not understand the reasons for the Iraq invasion and never thought that Iraq posed an imminent threat to the United States. She further stated that her son's death had compelled her to speak out against the war

Amazing that the right wingnuts hold this woman as a villian

Last edited:

And what about you allegations about her not spending any of it on a head stone that is free from the government?

The story about her son's grave not having a headstone is true. In a statement published by Truthout, Sheehan seems to indicate that the reason there is no grave marker is that it would be too painful for her to have one placed. She writes, " For the first year after Casey was killed, I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to place a TOMBstone on my son's grave. I didn't want one more marble proof that my son was dead. I couldn't even call where he was buried a "cemetery," I had to call it "Casey's Park." I placed fresh flowers in the cup every week and journaled there almost on a daily basis, and often laid on it and fell asleep and dreamed of my needlessly killed son."

so the gov did it.

The story about her son's grave not having a headstone is true. In a statement published by Truthout, Sheehan seems to indicate that the reason there is no grave marker is that it would be too painful for her to have one placed. She writes, " For the first year after Casey was killed, I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to place a TOMBstone on my son's grave. I didn't want one more marble proof that my son was dead. I couldn't even call where he was buried a "cemetery," I had to call it "Casey's Park." I placed fresh flowers in the cup every week and journaled there almost on a daily basis, and often laid on it and fell asleep and dreamed of my needlessly killed son."

so the gov did it.

Gold Star mothers have earned the right to mourn their lost children in their own way. Only a right wingnut zealot would attack the way a woman mourns her lost child

of course she has the right to mourn. but the kid went 2 years without a headstone. how much of his $$$ did she spend on real estate in Crawford ??? a new car etc............$250,000 up in smoke.

of course she has the right to mourn. but the kid went 2 years without a headstone. how much of his $$$ did she spend on real estate in Crawford ??? a new car etc............$250,000 up in smoke.

He gets a free head stone, the money or how she spent it doesnt matter.

or who she blew it on

candcquiz.jpg.w300h198.jpg

screwballsheehanmage2.jpg

Cindy%20Sheehan%20arrest%20DC%20closeup.JPG

RW quit being an idiot we aren't attacking here specifically we believe the positions she has taken are borderline stupid at best. No one wishes to go beat her up. I'd be al for buying her some grief counciling the woman desperately needs it. That being said she has as much right to speak her mind as anyone else but she has no more right than anyone else to espouse bat shit crazy crap and expect that those positions not be critiqued by those who realize said positions are batshit crazy.

Forum List

Back